Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you find to be a little on dry side just add more peanut butter.

They turned out great! Andy was glad to volunteer his services in the name of quality control and youngest DD who came over for dinner declared them “bomb”.  I think I’ll rename them “Sunshine Peanut Blossom Cookies”!

41E0391C-0A28-47E1-A20F-FC234B99BC9B.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They turned out great! Andy was glad to volunteer his services in the name of quality control and youngest DD who came over for dinner declared them “bomb”.  I think I’ll rename them “Sunshine Peanut Blossom Cookies”!

They look great!   Happy to hear everyone likes them.  Love the name😍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Best of luck to Owen.  

Have fun. 

Be safe.  

Unfortunately Owen and his team lost 3/2.  His team almost beat themselves if that makes sense.  Add to that, the referee didn’t see the goal Owen scored which would have tied it up. The car ride home was quiet but his spirits did pick up when we got take out 10 minutes from home. Schools done for the year and they only have one hockey practice left for the season on Thursday. Then he has the break off. 

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Unfortunately Owen and his team lost 3/2.  His team almost beat themselves if that makes sense.  Add to that, the referee didn’t see the goal Owen scored which would have tied it up. The car ride home was quiet but his spirits did pick up when we got take out 10 minutes from home. Schools done for the year and they only have one hockey practice left for the season on Thursday. Then he has the break off. 

Owen had a great year and deserves accolades for his playing. 
Take out food raises my spirits, too. 
As someone said a year ago, “I’m tired of eating groceries”!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

No video but with only I bandage later 8 squirrels safely released into the wild.  LOL  P.S.  those suckers sure can bite.  

When we fostered squirrels I asked the rescue how we would know when it was time to bring them back. She replied "you'll know". Two bites in one day and I knew it was time.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of my friends leaves his left over spaghetti for his backyard squirrels, who really seem to like it, apparently there are Italian squirrels, my weird cat loves Italian cheese, meatballs and pasta, once tried to eat pasta while it was frying in a flying pan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

When we fostered squirrels I asked the rescue how we would know when it was time to bring them back. She replied "you'll know". Two bites in one day and I knew it was time.

It is amazing how they go from "I love you feeding me" to "I will bite you if you give me half a chance"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

In NY, we had many (tons of) squirrels enjoying all the acorns that fell from our massive oak trees.  There were so many acorns and shells on my property it made raking and mowing very difficult.  Made walking on the driveway and walkway treacherous too.  I never heard of fostering squirrels.  Sounded weird to me.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A Charlie Brown Christmas is on PBS now. This is my favorite Charlie Brown TV special.

I've watched it every year ever since it first came out. A family tradition for me. My fondest memories.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Those look not only perfect but fantastic. Great rename.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm sorry sounds like they got robbed. I hope after all the disappointment Owen will look back at this great season and his play and know that he did everything he could to help the team win. Enjoy the break Owen you deserve it!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone here cruised Alaska in early May?  If so, how did you like it.   The fall itineraries will not work.  

Some years you will probably luck out. Climate change and all that but we will not go in May again. It was cold, and there were tons of snow. It was fun. And we saw a bunch of whales and eagles, otters and seals. But most of the other animals were still hibernating. We couldn't really get close to Hubbard glacier, because there was too much ice in the water.

It might have just been a bad year, because the guest speaker said it was the most snow they had, had in four years. But next time, we will go later in the season. :classic_biggrin:

We were kind of freezing cold at the glacier. 

SOTS_Alaska 129.JPG

WSOTS_Alaska 123.JPG

SOTS_Alaska 120.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Funny story about the hat. :classic_biggrin: We were in Juneau, and a lady asked me where I had purchased it, because she wanted to buy one for her grandson. 

I said, "Walmart, in California."

They had a bunch of winter clearance stuff on sale before our Alaska trip and it was on sale for $5. 

Shortly after that there was a big scandal and Walmart was in the news for selling products that were made of dog fur. (From China, of course)

I looked at the tag on it then, and it said, Fur: Unspecified. :classic_biggrin: I haven't actually worn it since then. :classic_unsure:

And you might luck out John. The people that went on the 9-night Ovation cruise in May, pre-pandemic had wonderful warm weather. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

More China bashing, what is the point and what does it have to do with cruising on RCI??

I'm not bashing China. I actually really like the hat. It is very warm and cozy. I may or may not have purchased it, had I known. I don't think they are allowed to make clothing out of dogs in the US. But it is acceptable in other countries. And that is fine, other countries have their own traditions and procedures. Maybe it was only California that was sensitive about dog fur products? :classic_huh: And this is not a strictly cruising on RCI thread? 

I'm not sure why you are on this thread? It is more of a friendly place...

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. :classic_biggrin: The cookies look fabulous! But I am even more delighted by your cabinet and drawer fronts Deb. They are the same ones we are getting in our new kitchen. We looked at the same drawer pulls too, but I think we are going with elongated U- shaped ones, brushed chrome. I keep thinking I will get hung up on the ends of those T-shaped ones. The countertop we chose is similar as well. Thanks! It is so nice to see it in a real kitchen. I will post photos when it is eventually done.  :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

And you might luck out John. The people that went on the 9-night Ovation cruise in May, pre-pandemic had wonderful warm weather. :classic_smile:

@Ozark_Kid

John, I too think is the draw of the luck...

We went on July 26th, 2013, smack in the middle of the "season". I hate cold and figured it will be the hottest time in the Alaska summer. Boy, I was right... The whole week the temperatures hovered around 80F. It was HOT, "stuffing" hot. The ports in Alaska were not prepared for those temps. You'll get into a shop and there was a very small fan at the entrance, trying its best to move the air.

Hubbard glacier - we were the first in one month to get closer. The previous 3 cruises had no such luck, it was so foggy.

Funny thing -- DH was not keen on Alaska, since, for us, it involved a very long flight. First from Tel Aviv to Toronto (12 h), and then Toronto-Vancouver (5 h). I finally managed to "sell" him the cruise, telling him: "July is so hot in Israel, in Alaska you'll enjoy a much colder weather"....😉

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

We looked at the same drawer pulls too, but I think we are going with elongated U- shaped ones, brushed chrome. Go for it -- 

I keep thinking I will get hung up on the ends of those T-shaped ones. I have those in the bathroom cabinets, was not aware at the time of the "hunging up" potential...

@Keksie and @ownedbypets

I'm intrigued by the "fostering" -- were they wounded / abandoned ?

We don't have them here, and in a cruise stop in Boston, DH couldn't stop taking pics of them -- such cute creatures 🥰

_DSC4752.thumb.JPG.ca5795dcd41892f387d755a44ba858f5.JPG

_DSC4751.thumb.JPG.1e5a296f9455b22a8cdc81c8d96b263c.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2