Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Love aft balconies, I was just looking at a new celebrity, love the edge class with there suite perks, this cruise would start weekend after thanksgiving again and Caribbean again. I was disappointed in rccl suite perks will not book them again until I hear that they restored those perks. 

We have a sky loft suite booked on this cruise that I got really cheap, will be our first.  We have sailed Anthem a bunch but never aft facing, so this one on Quantum should be interesting.  I am hoping we get similar perks that we have had sky class on Anthem in the past.  We are looking towards Celebrity for something in the future though to see their perks.  Our plan with this suite was to hide out as we were coming out of covid in May 2021, see how well that plan went. 😨  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601

+ 2

This "rollercoaster" of "yes, we're going", "no, we're not" is wearing me thin too...😢

We just decided to cancel our b2b. Sad, but Royal is no longer doing testing for crossing the border, and that was the straw. 

On the other hand, my son and I prepped all the vegetables for tomorrow’s Christmas dinner- make ahead mashed potatoes, turnip and carrot mash, Brussels sprouts, parsnips, squash, sweet potato, and the stuffing. Oh, and a turkey! So we will focus on the family. 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are on Quantum 5/16 which is also roundtrip Seattle.  We did Radiance southbound last time, with a cruisetour too but my DH doesn't have that much time this time as he is in a new job.  We were gone 15 days before between the cruise, cruisetour and the days we did on our own.  I am just afraid the cruise line will decide to leave Quantum in Singapore again as they did this year.  We have booked excursions anyway in Icy Strait Point and Skagway.  We have also rented a car in Juneau so we can take ourselves to Mendenhall Glacier again and a few other places.  We saw lots of whales when we went in May 2018, we even had them bubble net feeding at the aft of the ship when we were docked in Icy Strait Point.  We had an aft facing balcony and were almost late for our whale watch excursion as we were busy watching from our balcony lol

I think we would enjoy Quantum just as much but Sharon wants to stop at Sitka.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you go to the Port Canaveral webcam, you can see Indy on the move but you can also see a new Staten Island Ferry there lol

https://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Wm8zQX0D?format=jpg&name=600x314

Marietta must have hijacked the SI Ferry and brought it to Port Canaveral! I KNEW she wanted to take a quick cruise.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Overall we were both okay with our boosters.   I was ok with flu shot but Eric felt like crap for at least a day.   He also did Shingrix sometime in November and he was ok with that too. 

Were you guys (and @John&LaLa) Pfizer or Moderna?  I think I remember there being more reactions to Moderna (which we got) than Pfizer for the original shots.  I wonder if that's true for the boosters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Speaking of native wildlife.  Picture from the game camera last night. 

"Here kitty Kitty....

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I know the regulars here will always try their best to protect it.

We are family here and we protect our own.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Time to break out the Christmas Puppy🤔

20211218_091354.thumb.jpg.b9c54be3b4cbf85f68ea7437a4a84432.jpg

Priceless.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If that didn’t make you reach for the Kleenex, here is one I just found today. 

I'm a man I'll admit it. It cried.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Then I thought, I’m retired, I can afford to to be sore and worn out a few days.  I got the booster and flu shot. 

I think that is a great decision.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank god no one was hurt  😍

Houses can be rebuilt, people can't. I am so glad they got out and smoke detectors did their job. It's so sad especially this close to Christmas.

45 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So my heart rate is steady at 60 to 63 beats per minute. 

So yay! Things are much better!

That is awesome I'm so happy for you Mimi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We sail on Jan 9th on Anthem for a b2b for 22 nights.      We are still a go! 

We looked at this cruise a few times.  This cruise would fill up then open up.  It would of been great to meet you and others sailing this cruise.  I also wanted to go to San Juan.  I like that stop.  I noticed we both stop at St Kitts. To bad it’s two days apart.  We have never visited St Kitts.  We are trying to figure out what to do there.  Do you know if St Kitts is restricting excursions?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

We just decided to cancel our b2b. Sad, but Royal is no longer doing testing for crossing the border, and that was the straw. 

On the other hand, my son and I prepped all the vegetables for tomorrow’s Christmas dinner- make ahead mashed potatoes, turnip and carrot mash, Brussels sprouts, parsnips, squash, sweet potato, and the stuffing. Oh, and a turkey! So we will focus on the family. 

Turnip and carrot!! My favorite holiday food!!!!

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

If you can do an independent excursion, I can highly recommend "The Grand Tour of St. Kitts" with the Thenford Grey company. Excellent for first timers.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

Agreed.  We did the Thenford Grey Grand Tour and enjoyed it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I also found some Christmas cookies on our front door yesterday, but our lovely neighbour texted to say she had left them.  She usually does give us a homemade Christmas treat with their Christmas card so I though they were from her. 

I made some fudge in little Christmas box's to give out to my family who I hand delivered cards to, I wouldn't leave treats on a doorstep 

Now that sounds wonderful - Merry Christmas!

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Were you guys (and @John&LaLa) Pfizer or Moderna?  I think I remember there being more reactions to Moderna (which we got) than Pfizer for the original shots.  I wonder if that's true for the boosters.

We both have had Pfizer for all 3 doses.   

My Brother had Moderna for all 3 doses and he had a reaction with each dose.

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We looked at this cruise a few times.  This cruise would fill up then open up.  It would of been great to meet you and others sailing this cruise.  I also wanted to go to San Juan.  I like that stop.  I noticed we both stop at St Kitts. To bad it’s two days apart.  We have never visited St Kitts.  We are trying to figure out what to do there.  Do you know if St Kitts is restricting excursions?

St. Kitts just lifted their restrictions the other week.   You are now permitted to book private excursions.    As Dani mentioned Thenford Grey does a great job.   http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/   

Our first time there we did the Grand Tour, another time we did the Capital City Tour with beach visit. 

We have also enjoyed the royal caribbean railway excursion - bit pricey but was a lot of fun pre-covid. 

We were on a b2b and going to be in St Kitts the following week so I asked the bus driver what beach and they highly recommended Carambola Beach so we went there the next week and have gone back several times.   Hope to be there a couple times in January .🤩

• Like 3