Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Maryann, how are you doing? Hopefully busy with the holiday 🥰

@jagsfan

Mimi, I hope the cardiologist was satisfied with the results 🥰

Dr R is satisfied…so far so good. It’s swollen, which disturbed the nurse, but he said no problem. 
They both reiterated not raising my upper arm and not reaching behind me. 
I can’t remember who of my friends that had pacemakers implanted are still alive!

I’d like to hear from a patient point of view!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I love the birds in your pictures!

I have a great time watching the birds come to the "Bird Windjammer" in my backyard. I can watch them all day long! Ofcourse they are not tropical birds (northeast US) but very cute and colorful ones. Woodpeckers, cardinals, blue jays, this year I see red finches. And then the squirell wants his share too.

How lovely that you have all those beautiful birds visiting your garden.  i can picture those  birds now because during lockdown i was following a lady in the US who had a birdcam set up on her birdbath. it was lovely seeing all the birds we dont have here.  I also follow a farmer in the US who has multiple cameras near his veggie patch to film the family of groundhogs, a squirrel, opossum and skunk that visit his fabulous veggie patch.  

We have King parrots, rosellas, lorrikeets, galahs, kookaburras and galahs and brush turkeys visit our garden.  with the exception of the lorrikeets that stay up high in the bottlebrushes and the cockatoos that arent fazed by anything, the birds dont stay long as our dog barks at them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Maryann, how are you doing? Hopefully busy with the holiday 🥰

Thank you, Dani. I'm good, I've just been busy.  Jim and I leave tomorrow for Florida, and we've been busy the past couple of days packing, etc.  I finally just caught up!  It's going to be another "catch up" after we get to Naples, since we'll be on the road and it'll be tough for me to type on my android while in the car.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Luckynana

Maryanne, safe travels on your journey to sunshine!

We are starting to sort things out.

Thank you, Arzeena.  Looking forward to heading to the warmth and sunshine.  My girlfriend said it's in the 80's and beautiful there.  When do you and RJ head out?  Safe travels to you both!

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@A&L_Ont
Andrew, Lisa, Owen and Grandmum,

I am very sorry about your angel Allie. I never knew till now. Lots of hugs and kisses to all of you. 

+1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is what I am supposed to be getting on  the Anthem, the RCCL towel!  Fingers crossed but not looking good.🥴

Hoping it's a go for you!🤞  I just paid our balance on our Feb. cruise.

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Maggie was the runt of her litter but Elizabeth was first out and the only girl. I forget how many boys but quite a few. She is the only one that has the brown fur marking on her side of her face. We felt she looked unique and not exactly like Maggie.

Greg, congratulations on your two new additions to your family!!

I absolutely love the video of Jonathan and his Christmas' past!  I laughed when he began coming in with his cap on his head.  Two of our grandsons are in that stage now!!

Your newest ornaments are to be cherished!

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fingers and toes crossed.    We are trying to self quarantine as much as possible so we test negative and we can board on Jan 9th but darn Eric has his colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow then Wednesday he has an appt at Jos A Banks to get his new tux altered.     I wish he had done this back in November but he always wait till the last minute for everything.  

Debbie, I hope all goes well with Eric's procedures tomorrow.  

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana    Safe travels to Naples.    I hope your GD and everyone else is feeling better😍

Thank you Debbie!  

So..Ava's Covid test results never arrived for Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we cancelled our get-together for the Eve, hoping she'd have the results for Christmas, but still nothing, so Jim and I just stayed home for the day.  Not the end of the world, but geez...no results?  Yesterday, our daughter and Ava drove around looking for the test you can take at home, but none were available.  This morning our daughter called to let us know she found the tests available at a small pharmacy, but you could only buy one per person.  She bought the two, since Ava was with her.  My other daughter and myself quickly drove to the pharmacy, but they were sold out....I'm talking about a half hour after I got the phone call.  Anyway, long story short, Ava has Covid!!  Thankful we stayed home for the Holidays.

Debbie, how is you son doing?  I hope his fever is now gone.

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Dr R is satisfied…so far so good. It’s swollen, which disturbed the nurse, but he said no problem. 
They both reiterated not raising my upper arm and not reaching behind me. 
I can’t remember who of my friends that had pacemakers implanted are still alive!

Mimi, I'm glad to hear all went well at the Cardiologist, and I hope someone who has had a pacemaker can help put you at ease with what you can expect with your new pacemaker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Arzeena.  Looking forward to heading to the warmth and sunshine.  My girlfriend said it's in the 80's and beautiful there.  When do you and RJ head out?  Safe travels to you both!

+1

I just paid our balance on our Feb. cruise.

So..Ava's Covid test results never arrived for Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we cancelled our get-together for the Eve, hoping she'd have the results for Christmas, but still nothing, so Jim and I just stayed home for the day.  Not the end of the world, but geez...no results?  Yesterday, our daughter and Ava drove around looking for the test you can take at home, but none were available.  This morning our daughter called to let us know she found the tests available at a small pharmacy, but you could only buy one per person.  She bought the two, since Ava was with her.  My other daughter and myself quickly drove to the pharmacy, but they were sold out....I'm talking about a half hour after I got the phone call.  Anyway, long story short, Ava has Covid!!  Thankful we stayed home for the Holidays.

Maryanne,

We leave after New years.

Please post all about your Feb Silhouette cruise. We will be onboard in the end of March.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Ava. Although very disappointing, it was very considerate of you to stay home and protect the rest of your loved ones, because of the delay in results. Your heart is in the right place!👏
Extra hugs for you and Ava☺️

Have a safe journey, cruise and stay.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So..Ava's Covid test results never arrived for Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we cancelled our get-together for the Eve, hoping she'd have the results for Christmas, but still nothing, so Jim and I just stayed home for the day.  ..... Anyway, long story short, Ava has Covid!!  Thankful we stayed home for the Holidays.

Hope darling Ava will barely feel it.

You keep hearing of bigger messes with the test result. and so many falling sick like domino, one after another..

My friend, the mom of my "step" cat, flew to NY to meet her son, who lives in LA..

The test before the flight (3 days?) was negative. After the long flight, she landing feeling like "real one" Covid. After some days, feeling better that we to do Covid test, and fost told "Maximum 4, but in this case it should not be quicker." Well, she is her 5th waiting day, no results. Flight back after tomorrow, fingers crossed.  

A real mess ....😢

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Anyway, long story short, Ava has Covid!!  Thankful we stayed home for the Holidays.

Debbie, how is you son doing?  I hope his fever is now gone.

Ah I hope Ava is feeling better.   sorry she had to go thru that many days to get test results.    

Thank you for asking.    Our Son is feeling much better.   He broke his fever Christmas night and woke up feeling much better on Sunday.   He said not 100% but a lot better.    His Fiance will re-test tomorrow as she has heard from several co-workers this weekend that a lot are testing positive. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My friend, the mom of my "step" cat, flew to NY to meet her son, who lives in LA..

The test before the flight (3 days?) was negative. After the long flight, she landing feeling like "real one" Covid. After some days, feeling better that we to do Covid test, and fost told "Maximum 4, but in this case it should not be quicker." Well, she is her 5th waiting day, no results. Flight back after tomorrow, fingers crossed.  

A real mess ....😢

How awful for your friend, Dani!  I sure hope she is feeling better, and that she can get her Covid test results.   You're not kidding....it's a real mess..not only with the virus, not only with the delay in covid test results, but a mess in just finding the test so a person can get tested!  Not to mention for anyone who's got a flight, cruise, or any kind of trip planned.

The only symptom Ava has had after her small bout with her high fever, is that she's napping a lot this week. 

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ah I hope Ava is feeling better.   sorry she had to go thru that many days to get test results.    

Thank you for asking.    Our Son is feeling much better.   He broke his fever Christmas night and woke up feeling much better on Sunday.   He said not 100% but a lot better.    His Fiance will re-test tomorrow as she has heard from several co-workers this weekend that a lot are testing positive. 

Thanks Debbie.  Ava never got the results of the test that she took last Tuesday or Wednesday.  Luckily my daughter was able to buy the test this morning to test Ava.    She is just feeling fatigued..napping a lot.  I'm so glad your son broke his fever and is feeling so much better.  Best of luck for his Fiance.  Hopefully, she's dodged the bullet.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Hope darling Ava will barely feel it.

You keep hearing of bigger messes with the test result. and so many falling sick like domino, one after another..

A real mess ....😢

Testing is a real problem right now ,especially in major US cities.  

The pharmacies are complaining they cannot handle the volume as they need to do their primary job to fill prescriptions, etc. And just cannot hire enough people to help to help with free tests.

There are some labs charging ridiculous prices up to $250, maybe even more.

So far the best bet is to order the rapid antigen test kits online for $30 to $35 per kit.  

I'm hoping this all calms down after the holidays.

I hope your friend is feeling better and will be okay to fly back home😍

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Maryanne,

Please post all about your Feb Silhouette cruise. We will be onboard in the end of March.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Ava. Although very disappointing, it was very considerate of you to stay home and protect the rest of your loved ones, because of the delay in results. Your heart is in the right place!👏

Safe journey to you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lioness, You really did keep the Christmas Spirit alive!

Happy Birthday to your Princess!

@molly361, ((Hugs)) Dan is always with you in your heart..❤️

@h20skibumWow Mark, gorgeous place to spend the week with your family.  More happiness awaits

you next week on your cruise!

@jagsfan I love your Uncle Billy memory and ornament!

@helen haywood, I'm sorry about the betrayal which cost you your relationship with your siblings.                                           I come from a large family (4 girls & 4 boys) and due to some misinformation 

among some family members, 2 of my sisters will no longer acknowledge me.  

It doesn't matter that I had nothing to do with what occurred.  It really upsets 

our oldest sister about my sisters attitude toward me, and it really upset me for

a year or two, but I finally moved on.  I still pray for them.  I love them.  But, it's

their loss.

@A&L_OntAndrew, can I join you for next years family gathering???  Everything looks wonderful!

@Ozark_Kid John, the pillows made from your Dad's shirts are a special keepsake.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Maryanne,

Thank you Arzeena, I too, wish  you a safe journey, cruise and stay, as well as a Healthy and Happy New Year!!  

We've been on the Silhouette a few times already, and I can tell you that she's a beautiful ship with a wonderful and happy crew.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Can't wait!!

• Like 2

Feeling a bit down today.  After much discussion, yesterday we decided to cancel our March 9 night cruise on Celebrity Equinox.  Thankfully, our amazing TA 😉 booked us with a refundable deposit.  March is a ways off but there’s just too much uncertainty, the primary issue being possibly being turned away from ports.  We can’t see spending that much money to potentially end up with 9 nights at sea.  It’s disappointing but I know we made the right decision for us right now.  So instead we’re making plans to drive to FL at the beginning of Feb, probably spending a week in the Ft Lauderdale area and a week in Siesta Key.  I’m sure we’ll squeeze in a few days in Orlando too.  Not a cruise but better than being in the Northeast in the month of February!
I hope those who recently tested positive are feeling better soon and/or only have mild symptoms. 
Also, safe travels to you lucky ducks heading south to warmer weather very soon!

• Like 12