Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Does anyone in this group like chokos (or chayote)?   I am not a fan.  However, my dad is and he has plenty of them right now.  Last time, he had so many leftover, even after giving them to family & friends, that he left a box out by his letterbox.  A lady driving past took them.  Then later she dropped a lovely thank you letter in his letterbox with a lottery ticket as well.

1A2685C3-EADE-40F6-A225-2CDE1D6C1AD8.jpeg

I have never had chokos but I googled them and sounds like something I would like.  I always love to try new things when I travel.

That was so nice of the woman to leave a thank you note and lottery ticket🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's horrible wrong test results were sent out to that many people.  

South Africa reached their peak in about a month.  I suspect the US hasn't peaked yet due to all the holiday travel.  Hopefully this all calms down in a couple weeks.

we are a long way off from peaking.  Currently its the young ones in their 20s that are testing positive. My kids havent got it (yet) but they have been tested multiple times.   we have been told to expect a big surge in numbers next month.  Our vaccination program was delayed here due to supply issues and fear about blood clots with AZ vaccine.  In NSW we only reached double vax status in oct/nov so the booster program is in its infancy.  The authorities are talking about reducing the gap between your 2nd vax and the booster.  

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, HBE4 said:

Just days before I was born in 1964, my father purchased a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500

Alas, it would not last the 16 years until I got my drivers license so I had to settle for a hand-me down 1969 Ford Galaxie 500 station wagon as my first car.

Dad was a Ford man. Despite the Fix Or Repair Daily  or Found On Road Dead reputation, he always had good luck with them.

I have just taken the time to catch up and read this thread.

Damn.  We share a lot of good, bad and ugly updates.

But that is why we are here.

Friends listen to friends.

Prayers for all in need.

All that I wish for in the New Year is a New Year that is healthy, and prosperous for all.

Now to the matter at hand.

@HBE4

Reading your post brought back great memories for me.

My dad also purchased a new Galaxie 500

His first was a blue 1963 vent, no seat belts and couch seats.

It lasted to 1972 when he bought a red Galaxie 500, gave the 1963 to my brother

So when I came of age getting ready to get my drivers license, I would drive with my dad.

So every day my father would take me out and we would drive and talk, practice practice practice.

I do not know what was more fun, driving the car or spending time with my dad.

So now it is time to take my drivers test in front of the local state highway patrol in Canfield Ohio

Yup I went to the test in that boat of a car.

Upon passing the written test the officer told me to pull my car up front.

He comes out, looks at the car, looks at me and goes "are you sure you want to test in this car"?

I do what I do best (even to this day) I blush and turn completely red and squeak out "YES"

Doubtful I would pass he gets in the car and we go off our merry way.

He goes usually I do the road test first, but I want you to do the parallel parking test first.

(Yup he is seeing failure).

I aced it.

Then to the driving course.

I would have scored another perfect score had I not braked and went stage right..... and avoided killing a squirrel. Guess he wants to do selective reduction and kill the little fur ball.

I received 98% on maneuverability.

Guess the officer goes totally by the book.

My driving record over the past 44 years has been pretty good (except for those 3 speeding tickets in 6 weeks, actually one on an exit ramp in Akron Ohio), but we wont go there.

The car is long gone as is my dad.

But remembering the memories made my day.

Thank you for sharing your story.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣 I’m only laughing because of what we went thru when we wanted to get a beach towel to see what they were like. We didn’t have any trouble getting one, but for the upcoming cruises after that we were supposed to get the wine and not more towels. Well, we ended up getting the towels for the next several cruises. Even the diamond concierge called to make sure we would be getting the wine. She called and verified with them and several hours later here comes a towel. Now we have 3. I wouldn’t mind getting several more, but I really don’t want to go thru what we did to get it changed back to the wine.

Similar situation.....still getting those darn towels. It is a nice gesture from Royal and I really should not be complaining, but I too find it funny! Changed to wine, and yes, we get the wine....AND also the towels appear next day. New thing last cruise was a fruit bowl "compliments of guest services for your loyalty".  I enjoyed that the most. 

• Like 5

A sunrise picture from “The Big Lake” this morning. 

23AFF4CB-7D5A-40DC-89D2-A48F033236AD.thumb.jpeg.ca6e566cdb47abd561a57b14334b925e.jpeg

Also, a unique find along our walk.  

FC92BC59-CC26-4264-AEF2-35E947897B08.thumb.jpeg.4b966b85751beb5564dc7a79ed7de1b6.jpeg

And on another note, Susan found a small Diamond ring in the beach sand this morning.  Now, how do you find who may have lost it?

• Like 17

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

we are a long way off from peaking.  Currently its the young ones in their 20s that are testing positive. My kids havent got it (yet) but they have been tested multiple times.   we have been told to expect a big surge in numbers next month.  Our vaccination program was delayed here due to supply issues and fear about blood clots with AZ vaccine.  In NSW we only reached double vax status in oct/nov so the booster program is in its infancy.  The authorities are talking about reducing the gap between your 2nd vax and the booster.  

Stay safe.

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Similar situation.....still getting those darn towels. It is a nice gesture from Royal and I really should not be complaining, but I too find it funny! Changed to wine, and yes, we get the wine....AND also the towels appear next day. New thing last cruise was a fruit bowl "compliments of guest services for your loyalty".  I enjoyed that the most. 

I do not like the fruit bowl. I don't want them leaving anything in the cabin that I can get myself in the Windjammer. Just keep the wine bottles coming.😊

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

She is just feeling fatigued..napping a lot.  I'm so glad your son broke his fever and is feeling so much better.  Best of luck for his Fiance.  Hopefully, she's dodged the bullet.  

Maryann I’m glad it did not end serious. I hope they are over the worst of it and will get better soon.

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Feeling a bit down today.  After much discussion, yesterday we decided to cancel our March 9 night cruise on Celebrity Equinox.  Thankfully, our amazing TA 😉 booked us with a refundable deposit.  March is a ways off but there’s just too much uncertainty, the primary issue being possibly being turned away from ports.  We can’t see spending that much money to potentially end up with 9 nights at sea.  It’s disappointing but I know we made the right decision for us right now.  

I think you are making the right call Deb. Too much uncertainty. Things will get better hopefully soon but March is just way too close.

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Love this video. I wish I could get our cat Kylar to snuggle with the new puppy but he is staying away from her.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Ah ha, the great Devon v Cornish cream tea debate. Should you put the cream on first,  then the jam or vice versa 🤔 

As a Cornish lass it's got to be jam first 

I put jam on first because if I put it on top of the clotted cream it falls off!

My first priority is taking a bite and tasting everything. Right or wrong!!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@molly361, ((Hugs)) Dan is always with you in your heart..❤️

@helen haywood, I'm sorry about the betrayal which cost you your relationship with your siblings.     

@Ozark_Kid John, the pillows made from your Dad's shirts are a special keepsake.

+ 1 👍

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Feeling a bit down today.  After much discussion, yesterday we decided to cancel our March 9 night cruise on Celebrity Equinox.  

😢

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Poor cat has no idea what's coming next week!

Yes he will not be a happy camper. Kylar had to put up with puppy and Jonathan’s othe cat Drave. Funny video when Elizabeth met Drave for the first time.

Sorry if I can’t post as much. I’ve been pretty occupied. Lizzie loves to nap with me in my arms 

8596243C-0D72-4A47-9180-F433CF28B21F.thumb.jpeg.5e26d726af3193952f62c96451dc94e2.jpeg

• Like 29

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank God Jim's reflexes are still good.  Heading into Ft. McHenry Tunnel a car came flying towards my passenger door..Jim put the medal to the pedal and avoided our getting slammed.

That must have been scary and could’ve had terrible consequences. 

Either Lizzy is very small or that’s one big cat. 😹

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes he will not be a happy camper. Kylar had to put up with puppy and Jonathan’s othe cat Drave. Funny video when Elizabeth met Drave for the first time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That must have been scary and could’ve had terrible consequences. 

Either Lizzy is very small or that’s one big cat. 😹

You are right on both counts. Drave is a big boy. I don’t think Lizzy is 2 pounds yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank God Jim's reflexes are still good.  Heading into Ft. McHenry Tunnel a car came flying towards my passenger door..Jim put the medal to the pedal and avoided our getting slammed.

Thank god is right - happy to hear you all avoided a crash.     

Is the other car ok?

Before I wade into the Celebrity board, I thought I would ask here....we currently have an Anthem cruise booked for March, are beginning to think about switching to a Celebrity Edge instead. We have wanted to try Celebrity, especially the Edge, but are primarily thinking about switching because of vaccine rules and covid numbers. It sounds as though on Celebrity there are no vaccine exceptions if you are eligible for a vaccine (so only under 5's)? And at least in the media, it doesnt look like Celebrity is currently having as many issues as RCCL--but I'm wondering if that's just press coverage or accurate? There isn't much discussion of it over on the Celebrity board that I could find. Thank you!

59 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry if I can’t post as much. I’ve been pretty occupied. Lizzie loves to nap with me in my arms 

8596243C-0D72-4A47-9180-F433CF28B21F.thumb.jpeg.5e26d726af3193952f62c96451dc94e2.jpeg

Very cute video

• Like 2