Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Our favorite Italian restaurant is closing after tonight’s dinner, we have been going there for all 30 years it was open , been there about 1500 times . Looking forward to tonight’s 5 course meal, owner is a good friend we went to both of his weddings 😁😁. One of the few real Italian restaurants with a owner/chef being Sicilian.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Our favorite Italian restaurant is closing after tonight’s dinner, we have been going there for all 30 years it was open , been there about 1500 times . Looking forward to tonight’s 5 course meal, owner is a good friend we went to both of his weddings 😁😁. One of the few real Italian restaurants with a owner/chef being Sicilian.

Always sad when a favorites closes.  Enjoy this evening.  Maybe he will give you a souvenir from the restaurant as a keepsake.

Our favorite italian restaurant closed last year and we were there their 2nd to last night and they told us we could have anything off the walls or tables.  We bought home a nice painting of venice canals.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Birthday! That looks very tasty. I'm sure you could mix that in a lot of cocktails or coffee.

Thank you.  My birthday was on your favorite day of the year. 🎅 The caramel creams liqueur is indeed good in coffee.

Speaking of cocktails, I had a few of your "Special Sea Dog's Old Fashioned" cocktails over the holidays.  They were very good.  I used this bourbon that I keep on hand for my son:

20210108_092529.thumb.jpg.0b9bab901d21c9774d828b6a5d305062.jpg

Since I couldn't get Meletti Amaro, I used this instead (I figured it must be good, it has a pretty label):

20211224_204901.thumb.jpg.b007ea7ad6f6ac6ce8f8dd439df32cc6.jpg

• Like 1

Happy New Year Eve. 

Today started at 3-ish am taking the DD and SIL to the airport to head off on their honeymoon. Currently they are on the plane headed to Punta Cana. 

Now this is where I need help. 

Years ago a family tradition started with displaying welcome home signs. Ones that can let’s just say attract the attention of on lookers.  

I am currently having trouble making their sign. I have till next Saturday to create it.  Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated. 

Here is an example of one of my creations. 

Thanks to all for putting their thinking caps on 

catch you later. 

9BD8599B-1DA4-45DB-AAE8-09A36A27098A.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It was Pizza express at Gretna Retail outlet.

Oh thanks for that it didn’t look like a pizza express to me.

We have a couple both about ten minutes from our house I’ll have to look at the menu more closely next visit.

I’m normally straight in with a Sloppy Giuseppe and don’t study the menu enough.

The nearest north we generally get to Gretna Retail Outlet is the designer outlet at York when visiting relatives in Malton I know you also visit the same outlet from time to time.

#recognisetheshirts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Oh thanks for that it didn’t look like a pizza express to me.

We have a couple both about ten minutes from our house I’ll have to look at the menu more closely next visit.

I’m normally straight in with a Sloppy Giuseppe and don’t study the menu enough.

The nearest north we generally get to Gretna Retail Outlet is the designer outlet at York when visiting relatives in Malton I know you also visit the same outlet from time to time.

#recognisetheshirts

There is a Pizza express upstairs in the food court at York Designer outlet.

The pizza today was BBQ Burnt Ends on a thin Romana base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

You’ll be mourning the loss for years. 
Favorite restaurants are a big part of our lives, never to be forgotten. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

There is a Pizza express upstairs in the food court at York Designer outlet.

The pizza today was BBQ Burnt Ends on a thin Romana base.

It looks delectable!

Whenever the question comes up (and it does) asking what food would one pick if stranded for six months, mine would always be pizza. It’s the perfect food!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You’ll be mourning the loss for years. 
Favorite restaurants are a big part of our lives, never to be forgotten. 

So true. Almost all our favorite restaurants closed due to Covid.

How r u feeling today, Mimi?

Whenever the question comes up (and it does) asking what food would one pick if stranded for six months, mine would always be pizza. It’s the perfect food!

Mine would be shawarma... pizza would come a very close second 😎

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It looks delectable!

Mine too,Mimi.Do you remember when and where you had your first pizza ?My first pizza was in Jamaica,Queens.The father of one of my friends took his sons and me to a shoe shore and afterward for lunch for something called pizza .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I finally watched the last episode.   Did Heather really say the n word?  I somehow missed that bathroom trip when they were at carambola beach club.

I'm disliking her even more.  Shes snotty!   

The lady with wired jaw is really ruining everyones trip.  Why did she go?  Poor Rachel!!

Yes but unless you were watching with subtitles and they did not spell it out you would miss it as the audio was low and the word edited out. I can appreciate Heather's attention to detail but i agree she is snotty. And why on earth would a woman with her mouth sired shut even go on a charter and subject her friends to all her whining about about being hungry and straining the food. She was selfish and made her own party suffer besides Rachel. I felt bad for her.

1 hour ago, George C said:

That is really a shame. I hate to see incredible local restaurants have to close. Maybe he will reopen at later date or is he getting out of business all together. The last two and half years has been horrible for restaurants.

1 hour ago, derorim said:

Speaking of cocktails, I had a few of your "Special Sea Dog's Old Fashioned" cocktails over the holidays.  They were very good.  I used this bourbon that I keep on hand for my son:

Since I couldn't get Meletti Amaro, I used this instead (I figured it must be good, it has a pretty label):

I'm so happy you enjoyed it with the substitute. That does look very interesting. Nice choice of bourbon. Cheers to you and 2022!

• Like 3