Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

With feral cats it depends on how many generations have been feral.  I have had feral cats who moved inside and became loving cats.  They were dumped or left by their owners.  Then there was a feral cat who we had trapped and gotten fixed.  We put her back outside and fed her.  She was attacked by a dog and had to have major surgery.  They shaved her so even after she healed we couldn't put her outside until it warmed up (she was living in our upstairs).  So 6 months later she was still hiding under our bed, coming out when no one was upstairs.  She was a very happy cat when she got to go back outside.  Her mom was feral and maybe her grandmother too.  

My wife loves this little boutique store in our downtown area owner has converted several feral cats into house cats and there is always one in her store , she always leaves cat food in front of her store . 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great week! What is the itinerary? Do you know if they were able to fix the azipod?

We hopefully will be on for 22 nights.  Just had pizza at Sorrentos, slice of pepperoni and american combo..delicious.  thought of you while I was enjoying.

Captain announced earlier they did some adjustments to azipod and it will be repaired when we reached St Maarten.  So far itinerary is as other than San juan we have extra sea day.

I have heard from several crew and other passengers we have a little over 900 passengers.  Ship feels very empty.

There was maybe 10 people in 270 for mama mia.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My first sunrise picture for this week.  Good morning CocoCay. Symphony and Harmony are both here, so 3 Oasis class ships in one place.  

54137E38-A793-4918-A211-D5B07974BD33.thumb.jpeg.bc2626113476bb9b5c9130659b5e3685.jpeg

In normal times being there with three O class ships would be a nightmare.

Some people from this thread are on Harmony. You folks could have an internship reunion.😊

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In normal times being there with three O class ships would be a nightmare.

Some people from this thread are on Harmony. You folks could have an internship reunion.😊

As posted on Harmony roll call, they are off loading crew to the Jewel which is Royal’s newest Q ship. Jewel cancellation reason is now making sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My first sunrise picture for this week.  Good morning CocoCay. Symphony and Harmony are both here, so 3 Oasis class ships in one place.  

54137E38-A793-4918-A211-D5B07974BD33.thumb.jpeg.bc2626113476bb9b5c9130659b5e3685.jpeg

Sorry no sunrise photos today.  

Slept like a baby until 7:30.  

Had a terrific omelet in WJ.  

Cloudy and breezy with current temp 48f.  20220110_091947.thumb.jpg.76c1903fba449272174497d37f9818d3.jpg20220110_091958.thumb.jpg.e4b6fe2baadaacaf91f818abd0894714.jpg

• Like 8

I’m loving all these cat stories, so I’ll add mine.

We remained friends with our daughter in law (I’ll call her “D”) after she and my son separated.  She decided to move into an apartment about 10 miles away, and took her cat “Kennedy” with her.  It was an indoor/outdoor cat, but one day it went outside and never returned.  D was devastated.  She put up flyers all over the surrounding area.  Three weeks later, D called me to say she was out of town all week on a business trip, but someone had contacted her saying they saw her cat in their yard, and they had given it food.  Wanting to help out, I took a trap to the person’s house, and within a day or two Kennedy was humanely captured.  Since D was still out of town, I took the cat to my son’s house.  My son wasn’t home, so I just let the kitty out of the trap.  He went right over to the food bowl and started eating.  I patted myself on the back and went home.

Later that day, my son called and said he couldn't find the cat I put in his house.  Finally, 3 days later, he found it in the basement, on top of a wall.   He looked at the cat and said, “that’s not Kennedy.”  Apparently it was a feral cat that roamed the neighborhood. 

Feral cat

feral.thumb.JPG.e7b2a1f928c5fab05a966659194e769f.JPG

So the feral cat was captured again and released back to the neighborhood where he was found.  A month and a half later, D got a call from the veterinarian – someone had found a scrawny, emaciated cat and brought it in to get checked out.  Thankfully, It was microchipped, and it was Kennedy!  D was then reunited with her precious kitty. 

Kennedy

Kennedy.JPG.a1dc9d26a395a73019604f2df79d874f.JPG

My son loves to tell people his mom let a feral cat loose in his house.  I love that there was a happy ending.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

I've never had one, but if it has horseradish on it, I'm all in and will get one on our upcoming cruise.  

I always ask for double meat, and eat it sitting on my balcony. The horseradish makes it perfect. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry no sunrise photos today.  

Slept like a baby until 7:30.  

Had a terrific omelet in WJ.  

Cloudy and breezy with current temp 48f.  20220110_091947.thumb.jpg.76c1903fba449272174497d37f9818d3.jpg20220110_091958.thumb.jpg.e4b6fe2baadaacaf91f818abd0894714.jpg

Your waves look a little higher than ours, and those temps would still be a little cold.  Hopefully it will get warmer and smoother for you soon. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This week, we are doing western. Tomorrow is CocoCay, Wednesday we have Cozumel, Thursday Roatan, Friday Costa Maya, and back to Miami on Sunday. 

Currently we have a delayed sail away for 8:45 tonight.  Evidently, they are awaiting a piece of equipment, or maybe more alcohol. 🤣

At least they didn’t have to worry about wind or waves for the aqua show tonight.  It was just as good as last week. 

Two new “Motown trivia” champs were named tonight. We brought home the GOLD.  

Highlighters, that is. 

6189D595-8750-4C50-82E5-8022FAFB1EBA.thumb.jpeg.215ca1f78fd07d8dbb17c8db00c4af1e.jpeg

Not easy to do on Royal. Are the trivia games still dominated by “professionals”?

We normally love trivia competitions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Best tail ever! I love this cat.

Thank you for doing this. You are a blessing to animals.

I think you are right. While they do want to do everything together, they do better when doing their business separately. Problem is when one is out side the other goes crazy because they want to out there too.

It's good to be spoiled John. I hope you and Sharon have a great week. Drink one or two for me. Cheers to you!

Congratulations!!!!!!

I put in my first ever bid a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know whether to we do get it, or we don’t. 

37 minutes ago, derorim said:

I’m loving all these cat stories, so I’ll add mine.

We remained friends with our daughter in law (I’ll call her “D”) after she and my son separated.  She decided to move into an apartment about 10 miles away, and took her cat “Kennedy” with her.  It was an indoor/outdoor cat, but one day it went outside and never returned.  D was devastated.  She put up flyers all over the surrounding area.  Three weeks later, D called me to say she was out of town all week on a business trip, but someone had contacted her saying they saw her cat in their yard, and they had given it food.  Wanting to help out, I took a trap to the person’s house, and within a day or two Kennedy was humanely captured.  Since D was still out of town, I took the cat to my son’s house.  My son wasn’t home, so I just let the kitty out of the trap.  He went right over to the food bowl and started eating.  I patted myself on the back and went home.

Later that day, my son called and said he couldn't find the cat I put in his house.  Finally, 3 days later, he found it in the basement, on top of a wall.   He looked at the cat and said, “that’s not Kennedy.”  Apparently it was a feral cat that roamed the neighborhood. 

Feral cat

feral.thumb.JPG.e7b2a1f928c5fab05a966659194e769f.JPG

So the feral cat was captured again and released back to the neighborhood where he was found.  A month and a half later, D got a call from the veterinarian – someone had found a scrawny, emaciated cat and brought it in to get checked out.  Thankfully, It was microchipped, and it was Kennedy!  D was then reunited with her precious kitty. 

Kennedy

Kennedy.JPG.a1dc9d26a395a73019604f2df79d874f.JPG

My son loves to tell people his mom let a feral cat loose in his house.  I love that there was a happy ending.

Nice uplifting story! I can see why the imposter was able to fool you!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Not easy to do on Royal. Are the trivia games still dominated by “professionals”?

We normally love trivia competitions. 

It wasn’t well attended, and no professionals.  We only had 14 out of 20, but the nearest competition had 10.  

The Beatles trivia last week had 6 groups with perfect scores. We missed 3 on that one. 

• Like 5

Just now, h20skibum said:

It wasn’t well attended, and no professionals.  We only had 14 out of 20, but the nearest competition had 10.  

The Beatles trivia last week had 6 groups with perfect scores. We missed 3 on that one. 

We love doing trivia also.  Every now and then you get the “pros”that ruin the fun.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha is being spayed on Thursday.  She still seems small compared to the other cats.

15 hours ago, derorim said:

I love this kitty cat.  

Best tail ever! I love this cat.

@Keksie

+ 3 

@George C

Thank you for doing this. You are a blessing to animals.

+ 1

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

For a tractor picture.  This is a tractor my husband built (Cub Cadet High Crop), our dog Rocco approves.

Rocco is also adorable and has very good "taste" in tractors 😁

It's good to be spoiled John. I hope you and Sharon have a great week. Drink one or two for me. Cheers to you!

Congratulations!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations on your GS upgrade, John!  Nice!!

12 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations on the GS and perks that goes with them, we always book GS unless there is a really cheap Owners suite 😁

+4  John @Ozark_Kid

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We got a nice surprise today. We found out that the day we get back from our cruise this month some friends we haven’t seen in forever will be arriving. We will all be headed to Key West that day. 🥂 

Good for you. It is so fun and enjoyable to travel with good friends.

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Sheal  I love happy endings... especially when animals are involved. 😃

Same here 👍

• Like 7

Your waves look a little higher than ours, and those temps would still be a little cold.  Hopefully it will get warmer and smoother for you soon. 

Yes, some say we were rocking and rolling last night and this morning but I really don't feel it.   I guess I got my sea legs back right away.       Captain said we would have waves of 9 to 12 feet today.      I don't think marinetraffic.com site has correct info but it shows we are off the coast of LBI, NJ.    If that's correct we are going very slow.    Will have to check out speed/location on my TV. 

Enjoy your day! 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think it’s more of a game for her, at least zipping into the garage when the weather is colder. She also likes to zip into the big barn when we are taking equipment in or out. If I had to guess I think if we let her into the house she wouldn’t be happy in here, with the loss of independence.

Yes, cats definitely enjoy their independence.    I wonder as she gets older if she would like to be inside and snuggling up.    

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

This morning DH "gave me a lift" to the hairdresser [I like to walk back... it's downhill], took his Nikon and went to find "good shots" at the beach... He found plenty, but I'll post only three 😁

_DSC4589.thumb.JPG.46b0fae83163b04f6bcffa3fdfb20d68.JPG

_DSC4606.thumb.JPG.782e68729dffdd6a04130fc486633a10.JPG

_DSC4612.thumb.JPG.c99e15d5a57161f40a605a591364d803.JPG

...and, to all those cruising today -- @helen haywood, Debbie & Eric @Sunshine3601, Sharon & John @Ozark_Kid , Laura & John @John&LaLa,  and Susan & Mark @h20skibum -- hope you'll have a smashing cruise.

@Seaviewer  Mary -- so sorry your cruise has been cancelled. I really hope there will be other cruises in the near future, and one that will enable us to meet at a Costco 🥰

Beautiful weather and photos.  They remind me of Aruba where you usually see a lot of wind surfers near the California Lighthouse. 

• Thanks 1

I wish I was good at it. I can't remember some times what i did yesterday 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope to see you on the 20th.  Enjoy!

I went to Loyalty desk today and they said we have approx. 1600 passengers on board but they were expecting approx. 2400 passengers as of last week.       I keep getting numbers from different people any where between 900 to 1600.     All I can say is last night it felt so empty.    More people out and about today but still very comfortable.  

I asked about the count for the 20th and loyalty desk have 2100 projected but of course they will change as they continue to have cancellations on a daily basis and there will always be people that test positive prior to boarding.    so he expects we will have about the same as this sailing.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, some say we were rocking and rolling last night and this morning but I really don't feel it.   I guess I got my sea legs back right away.       Captain said we would have waves of 9 to 12 feet today.      I don't think marinetraffic.com site has correct info but it shows we are off the coast of LBI, NJ.    If that's correct we are going very slow.    Will have to check out speed/location on my TV. 

Enjoy your day! 

You have to look at when the last position was received by AIS to see if it is your current position.  Your position was last reported 13 hours 26 minutes ago.  That is not where you are now.

I never noticed that they need to use a pole to retrieve people that stop short on the zip line at CocoCay.  

21B6BC10-0E71-4695-89BC-030197749708.thumb.jpeg.5a595361026f28768845728e399eaf3c.jpeg

And seriously, did they design it so you had to use a step ladder to get people off at the end?  It has been an interesting show this morning. 

732E87C4-668C-4E9C-A796-05C2EAF5D495.thumb.jpeg.0133935c47e5a96f0da42dcf0fecc433.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for the pic.  Had to save it.  Symphony was our last ship and Harmony now.  Neat to have a pic of both together. 

• Like 3