Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@George C  Wow!  Looks like a great cruise!!!!!

We have done it three other times some great talent in the past like rock and roll hall of famers like Michael McDonald, Todd Rundgren, also Boz Scaggs America, they have great interviews besides concerts and will sign albums and cd’s, had a nice conversation with America and Rita Coolidge on last cruise.

• Like 6

As usual our January's are always busy. Granddaughter's 12th birthday was the 5th. Our youngest daughter's birthday was the 11th of January. Our oldest daughter's birthday is the 22nd and our Son in law's birthday is the 27th. The biggest problem is too much cake! We had 2 snowfalls last week and more coming this weekend. The Grandkids are still virtual at least thru January. Now we are told that we will have to home test for covid every week when they return to school on the 31st. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There was a medical emergency so we went back to St Maarten for a drop off.

I was able to catch a nice night pic while we waited. 

20220112_StM195032.thumb.jpg.f74fdc03a6d19f0d8c1bfddc44405bb4.jpg

I love seeing islands lit up at night. I'm surprised the ship even put lines out. We once made an unscheduled, emergency stop at Nassau. We pulled up against the pier, put out a gang plank, unloaded, and we were out of there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

We are scheduled to leave February 19 from Miami on Celebrity summit, so far they say there sold out and sailing, everyone will be vaccinated, adults only. Some may refuse vaccinated and some may fail the mandatory Covid test two days before sailing. I know some cruises were close to full around Christmas, we are booked but have insurance on our flights, this cruise was canceled last year .not sure if there currently is a passenger limit by celebrity on cdc.

https://rockandromancecruise.com

Some great artists.  I loved Melissa Manchester and was sorry her singing career was much too short.  Loved "Don't Cry Out Loud".  Following is a bit of trivia some might find interesting:

Who is Melissa in Barry Manilow's Could It Be Magic?
The "Sweet Melissa" in the lyrics is said to refer to singer Melissa Manchester, who was Manilow's label-mate and a back-up singer to Bette Midler in the early 1970s.

• Like 2

So, my cruise next month just had a change to the schedule.  I expected that since SJU is off for now and the cruise was being sold last week as Bahamas, Tortola and St. Maarten.  I just got the notice and Celebrity went from 8-6 in Tortola to 11:30-6.  Thanks to the shortened day I would have just enough time to take the ferrry to the Baths then turn around, get on the ferry and head back to the ship.  I'm pretty disappointed, especially the Nassau stop is 7-2PM.  Geeze, just skip Nassau!

Any suggestions?  I was really looking forward to a great beach day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love seeing islands lit up at night. I'm surprised the ship even put lines out. We once made an unscheduled, emergency stop at Nassau. We pulled up against the pier, put out a gang plank, unloaded, and we were out of there.

I thought the same with the lines.

The prior pic I was surprised how the clouds were lit up.  Didn't notice that with other pics.

20220112_193201.thumb.jpg.044560cfc1ce1ebe19b39bb9ef178314.jpg

20220112_193417.thumb.jpg.b0acf17e141a39f511d83e49440132a0.jpg

20220112_193327.thumb.jpg.c6bde26fbee5ad02779f34488602ee37.jpg

20220112_193427.thumb.jpg.ff7eb62c76be6ca37c5f642798c71ae2.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, George C said:

What are the rules currently on the Edge? We sail Celebrity next month.

Masks to be worn indoors unless eating or drinking.  So far on Celebrity Edge that means wear your mask into the bar…keep it on while ordering…then free to take it off.  And leave it off while you’re there.  You certainly can sit at the bar.  You do not have to put it on between sips.  No covid cases announced so far on this cruise and we’re on day four.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@reallyitsmema First place won a trip to Cape Cod!🙂

My DH and I were just laughing that we would win that trip if we ever did something like Amazing Race lol  

Edit to add:  We have stayed at Ocean Edge too lol  My BIL owned a condo there.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Yes! I hate the 9pm Eastern time start. 
But it was fun. I wonder who couldn’t come back. What a shame for them. 

You can figure it out from the preview.  I don't want to ruin it for those that don't watch it tonight though.  I am not surprised by at least one team that doesn't come back.  Some are a surprise though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which did you like better? I think Lava Flows are too sweet.

they are pretty sweet.  I’m good for one or two at the most then need to switch it up.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like the Miami Vice better. 

I agree too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Some great artists.  I loved Melissa Manchester and was sorry her singing career was much too short.  Loved "Don't Cry Out Loud".  Following is a bit of trivia some might find interesting:

Who is Melissa in Barry Manilow's Could It Be Magic?
The "Sweet Melissa" in the lyrics is said to refer to singer Melissa Manchester, who was Manilow's label-mate and a back-up singer to Bette Midler in the early 1970s.

Did you see her on the Kennedy center honors talking about her backing up Bette Midler at Carnegie hall. I am really looking forward to seeing her , we were lucky enough to see Bette Milder in Dallas some twenty or so years ago, she was amazing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

they are pretty sweet.  I’m good for one or two at the most then need to switch it up.

I agree too.

I just wanted to make sure we were all thinking straight so I sacrificed for the team and walked all the way down to  Bolaros and had another. 🤣 Where right.

20220112_221631.thumb.jpg.c773bb5ef6b59a7c9d38a852bf4f0940.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

I just got the notice and Celebrity went from 8-6 in Tortola to 11:30-6.  Thanks to the shortened day I would have just enough time to take the ferrry to the Baths then turn around, get on the ferry and head back to the ship. 

That's not good. You can't really do anything fun in Tortola with those hours. I would be bummed.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought the same with the lines.

The prior pic I was surprised how the clouds were lit up.  Didn't notice that with other pics.

20220112_193427.thumb.jpg.ff7eb62c76be6ca37c5f642798c71ae2.jpg

Nice super yacht. I wonder who the owner is?

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just wanted to make sure we were all thinking straight so I sacrificed for the team and walked all the way down to  Bolaros and had another. 🤣 Where right.

20220112_221631.thumb.jpg.c773bb5ef6b59a7c9d38a852bf4f0940.jpg

You are a good man. Thank you for your sacrifice.😉

• Like 4

On 1/11/2022 at 11:20 PM, DaniDanielle said:

No, he was always running somewhere.  Yesterday he had a meeting with a group of priests.  Every morning he was at the school greeting the kids. My grandchildren are heartbroken.  My daughter teaches at the school and just saw him yesterday.

So sorry you lost someone so dear to you. He sounds a lovely man, may he rest in peace 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had our first cold but sunny day in weeks yesterday. We went to our favourite beach for a walk. Dogs are allowed off the lead from October to April, so Molly had a great time too playing catch with her tennis ball. There's also a good beachside cafe which is doggy friendly where we had fish and chips and a glass of wine

Today is also frosty, cold and sunny, just how I like it. Temperature around 30f

20220112_131053.thumb.jpg.8381a7b2427edff373a6757e51b0de95.jpg

20220112_130731.thumb.jpg.913d8b23f93ac3f48f531aeadabedc46.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 11