Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So more weird Covid test results.  I mentioned SIL tested positive using a home test on 1/2. He went for PCR on 1/3 and got his positive result late on 1/4.  The almost 3 yo granddaughter started showing symptoms on 1/4, PCR tested the next day. Results took 5 or 6 days and were negative, although she continued with symptoms of runny nose, cough, on & off fever. My daughter also started with symptoms around 1/4 - congestion, sore throat and fatigue.  She did a home test and was negative.  Baby had no symptoms.  On Thursday 1/13 the 3 who had symptoms did another round of home tests ( I honestly don’t know how they’re getting them!) - all were negative.  Understandable that my SIL would be negative by that point.  We just can’t understand how this “highly contagious” illness wasn’t picked up by the rest of them. 
Then this morning, the almost 3 y/o spiked a fever again after being fever free for almost 2 days. Pediatrician suggested she be seen at Hasbro Children’s Hospital since the fever was still going on for 10 days.  Off to the ED they go, ran bloodwork & another PCR. The diagnosis- ear infection.  Good news is the bloodwork will show if she has antibodies.  And if neither of them had Covid last week I hope they didn’t get it  at the hospital!  

Those darn ear infections! Hope they all feel better.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

85F3ECFC-95C8-49AE-A244-8798C9C142D1.thumb.jpeg.28ac9b894c2e2e5e7d08f480ae153a38.jpeg

They make us laugh and give us a tremendous amount of love and joy.

YES!!!!! I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!! Just look at that tiny cuddle bug!

Your pictures and puppies give me a great amout of joy too. I hope you will keep them coming please. Thanks in advance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I seem to recall someone saying to either avoid Mexican pharmacies, or patronize them.  Which is it?   Asking for a friend!

Found this nice little one today, and there was even a somewhat familiar, sweet smell in the air nearby. 🤣🤣

66DCE54E-E11F-4D6F-AAC2-A610EFFF8015.thumb.jpeg.c14cbcc548eaaa2f59ff08dda5388d66.jpeg

Nice of them to provide an easy to read menu, and an even easier to access display shelf.  I'd suggest picking up some Ambien, Cipro, Codeine, and of course some *****.  You never know when you might have an emergency requiring one or more of the above.  Then again, it's probably all the same inactive stuff, just packaged in different colored pills with different writing on them.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Kubota is scheduled for surgery on Monday.  Success.  The vet and I were surprised that it had been 11 months since the last surgery.  I knew it had been awhile but not that much time.

Great news. I’m so happy everything went well.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

YES!!!!! I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!! Just look at that tiny cuddle bug!

Your pictures and puppies give me a great amout of joy too. I hope you will keep them coming please. Thanks in advance.

Will do! Thank you for enjoying the videos.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It cracks me up every time you put ragdoll and Joebob in the same sentence. :classic_biggrin: It is such a funny name for that kind of kitty. :classic_biggrin:

His name is Joebob the second, first Joebob was a Siamese and we were told our ragdoll was a Siamese when we got him from local animal shelter they also said his sister was Siamese but she is a grey and white kitty .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We had a gorgeous day in Antigua.  I did some shopping this morning and was very happy to find my little silver shop is still in business.  

She recognized a bracelet and anklet I had on her from her shop as soon as I walked in.  Then she was curious and looked me up on her computer and saw i have been shopping there for several years with last time being 2020.

Dropped off goodies i bought for my neighbor who is cat sitting as well as some really cool handmade turtles i got at store 306.   Will hang up one at the shore house and 2 on my patio.  I will take photos later.  Right now I'm too exhausted to move from our balcony.  

Took a taxi to Runaway Bay beach and hung out there for 3.5 hrs.   Got lots of sun, rum punches and stayed in the water mostly as it was a hot one on the beach.

Had turkey dinner in MDR.  Delicious, so moist.  Probably part of the reason we are so tired.

Tomorrow we are at Barbados and have booked an excursion for another beach day.  Forecast is Midtly Sunny.

I hear a nor'Easter is to hit this weekend with frigid temps and possible significant amounts of snow....sorry🤩

I havent heard an update on covid cases onboard since earlier in the week and I believe the 72 +/- crew were transferred to Jewel yesterday while in St Maarten.  Was good to see those onboard in quarantine were allowed out of their cabins on balconies and saw some on upper decks too.  

Overall we are having a great cruise and happy with our decision to be here😍

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a gorgeous day in Antigua.  I did some shopping this morning and was very happy to find my little silver shop is still in business.  

She recognized a bracelet and anklet I had on her from her shop as soon as I walked in.  Then she was curious and looked me up on her computer and saw i have been shopping there for several years with last time being 2020.

Dropped off goodies i bought for my neighbor who is cat sitting as well as some really cool handmade turtles i got at store 306.   Will hang up one at the shore house and 2 on my patio.  I will take photos later.  Right now I'm too exhausted to move from our balcony.  

Took a taxi to Runaway Bay beach and hung out there for 3.5 hrs.   Got lots of sun, rum punches and stayed in the water mostly as it was a hot one on the beach.

Had turkey dinner in MDR.  Delicious, so moist.  Probably part of the reason we are so tired.

Tomorrow we are at Barbados and have booked an excursion for another beach day.  Forecast is Midtly Sunny.

I hear a nor'Easter is to hit this weekend with frigid temps and possible significant amounts of snow....sorry🤩

I havent heard an update on covid cases onboard since earlier in the week and I believe the 72 +/- crew were transferred to Jewel yesterday while in St Maarten.  Was good to see those onboard in quarantine were allowed out of their cabins on balconies and saw some on upper decks too.  

Overall we are having a great cruise and happy with our decision to be here😍

Glad to hear you are having a great cruise, and happy with your decision to be onboard!!!  What is the name of the Silver shop in Antigua?  I love silver jewelry and would love to shop there.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@h20skibum.  I have been a total fail with sunrise photos.  Our first couple of mornings were cloudy.  Must be the sea air and sleeping like a baby onboard but the earliest I have been awake has been 7 am.  I'll try better😉

We always seem to sleep so much better while onboard.  Jim doesn't seem to snore while at sea, either!! LOL!  Have a great time, Debbie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Dog saw these cuties with their Mommie on beach in Antigua today.  They hang out by beach restaurant along with some baby kitties but I didnt get their picture.  Also saw a man ride by on a horse with a Colt and a dog running behind them.  Looks like nature was happening all around here while no cruise ship tourists were here.  20220114_121740.thumb.jpg.008fa5e96aa6de2753ba2339a39dffba.jpg20220114_122134.thumb.jpg.32a415bcc60cf94ec2b4edb6f52c049b.jpg

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What is the name of the Silver shop in Antigua?  I love silver jewelry and would love to shop there.

Silverado.  When in port she has a small shop off to left in a nook in the center of port area, after large round outdoor bar.  She has beautiful unique pieces and great prices too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Silverado.  When in port she has a small shop off to left in a nook in the center of port area, after large round outdoor bar.  She has beautiful unique pieces and great prices too.

Thanks Debbie.  Love the name.  I'll definitely visit the shop when we get there.🥰

• Like 1