Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Having made multiple trips between Texas and Florida when we moved Buccees was our go to for food.  I could get a snack box and some really good coffee.  Quick stop, great bathroom and I confess I do have some decor in the house from there.  LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Not sure what the high risk was. Maybe it was the few deer we encountered.

252C5938-2172-489C-9BE0-0A760B68B2D8.thumb.jpeg.91c8ba55a818f5dccfa76946ccdaf52e.jpeg

I keep staring at the picture but I don't see any deer.

Unless it's your dear. Is she dangerous? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Dennys is a step above Waffle House and a step below IHOP for breakfast. In my opinion. Denny’s was great for breakfast after late nights out and about. 😇

IHOP was always one of our favorites breakfast places when taking family road trips as a kid. They are still up there for breakfast as far as chain food places go.  Even when having breaskfast for dinner.

I've tried to like Waffle House as I keep hearing good things about it, but always come up disappointed. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing? Or I just am unlucky and keep hitting bad locations. All 6 or 7 times.

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Cracker Barrel is not a place to eat if you’re on a restricted diet. 

My diet is restricted to Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. And anything that starts with "Chicken-Fried" or "Country"

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Having made multiple trips between Texas and Florida when we moved Buccees was our go to for food.  I could get a snack box and some really good coffee.  Quick stop, great bathroom and I confess I do have some decor in the house from there.  LOL

Ah. Our Buccees is nearly complete. Huge facility.  At the intersection of I95 and LPGA in Daytona Beach. Between Buccees and the Tanger Outlets across the street from each other, new apartments nearing completion, the traffic is going to be a mess. Look forward to stopping by. 

M8

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Probably.  Last one to leave the north lands...please turn off the lights. 

I hope the migration continues. It's too crowded up here. Need more free space and lower cost of living. 😉

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Always funny how many diss Florida, but when the winter winds howl?......

I guess you missed my snowblower (or is it snow thrower) pic? I love winter.  Love using the snowblower, love driving in the snow as long as I'm the only car on the road and love downhill skiing. So far, I've done 2 of the 3.  Hopefully after the holiday rush I can dust off the skis.

To be honest, it does get a little old by March but usually winter is winding down here anyways. And while a lot of my family complain about the cold, they don't seem to eager to move away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We welcome the migration as long as they leave their taxes and policies behind and learn to live like us Southerners. 😎

Many of my friends  that have made the migrations seem to be adapting well. They are only all too happy to leave the taxes/policies behind. Mostly the taxes.  Policies are just an added bonus, for most.

Still, I'd take a good old fashion snow storm over a hurricane any day. There is nothing fun about a hurricane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's amazing how this thread is still going strong.  If I only check in once a day, I end up behind on several conversations.  My add to the book discussion:

I'm also a fan of Baldacci's books.  I think the first book of his that I read was the Camel Club.  It's a good series if you haven't read it.  Will Robie and Amos Decker are also very good.  I haven't read any Atlee Pine yet.  Will need to give that a try.

I thought the John Puller series was good but was too much like Jack Reacher, which I also greatly enjoyed.  I too was disappointed in seeing Tom Cruise play Reacher.  That character is supposed to be 6'5"/250 pounds and physically intimidate/beat up people when needed.  I read an interview with Lee Child where he said that he purposely made Reacher big so that there was never a doubt that he would win any fight.  He compared it to a fan following his/her favorite sports team.  Would you rather have your favorite team in a very tight match and manage to win at the end (a common book plot), or would you rather have your team jump out to an early lead and win easily?  Child chose the later approach for Reacher.  Gotta admit that I enjoy seeing my teams win big and easy.

If you're looking for something new, I also liked the Virgil Flowers series from John Sandford.  They are a spin-off of Sandford's Lucas Davenport series, which was also good.  Similar style to Baldacci and Patterson.

I did most of my reading on a plane.  Between Covid and retirement, that won't be happening nearly as much.  I'll need to shift to reading on the beach.  😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just realized that the other day I posted something on another thread about eating healthy to boost my immune system.....and yet, my last several posts have been about eating meatloaf/mashed potatoes, Chicken-Fried anything and Tator Tot nachos.

Hey, it's the holidays. Don't judge. 😃

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hey, it's the holidays. Don't judge. 😃

I'm trying hard not to judge anyone for anything.  The whole stones and glass houses thing.  😉

I've been trying intermittent fasting lately.  I need to drop 20-30 pounds.  I'm starting easy with the 16/8 approach where you only eat each day during an 8 hour window (noon to 8pm for me) and then fast for the other 16 hours.  That wasn't a lot different from what I had been doing since I typically only had a power bar for breakfast anyway.  No real impact yet.    @singinalot - Didn't you say that IF helped you?  What IF approach did you take?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Chocolate crinkles or as I like to call them : brownie cookies (not brookies cuz those are another thing all together)

I've always wondered. You don't cook cookies. You bake cookies. So why are they not called Bakies?

That could be a Steven Wright joke but I thought of it myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Have you seen the Bosch series on Amazon?  The actor that plays Bosch, Titus Welliver, is exactly as I pictured the character in the books.

No, we don't have Amazon here. I've seen a pic of the actor on internet.

Actually, I don't know which pic of Bosch I had in my mind.... we "know" each other so many years, I'm sure "we" have changed a bit 😁😁