Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My cousin who lives in Barnegat had fun taking out his dog today.

I bet the dog didn't like the howling winds.     How is your area now?

Last update I had from our neighbors that live year round in LBI was 13" and it stopped about 2 hours ago.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful but worrisome if you need to get out. Sounds like a good day to make your chili.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not worrisome because you simply relent to the fact that you can't get out.

Knowing that this was going to be a long duration storm, we got everything we need, so no need to get out.  My son's Explorer would likely be able to get out if we had to, my SUV is a little lower so I would let him go first. 😄 DH has a truck but it is in the body shop.

The contractor I use lives down the street from us and will usually drop his plow and to the end of the driveway for us at some point.  Otherwise, we have two snowblowers that we will be out there with as soon as the wind dies down.  It makes no sense to even try now.  We likely will leave it until tomorrow when the winds have died down a bit.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure how much snow we have had so far as it is really blowing and drifting. White chicken chili cooking in the crockpot and we are not clearing the snow until tomorrow. Stay safe and warm. 

Just saw your post    Great minds think alike.   I am also making Chili - except I am doing the beef chili.   

Eric was laughing at me after we came in from shoveling I put on my warm snugly flannel pj's with snowman on them to wear around the house this afternoon.    I bet he will rethink his laughter and decide to get comfy too!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It was 52°F but very windy with gusts over 60mph.

When it calmed down we went out for a walk and saw this close to home.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

Wow!  That’s crazy.  Thankful you were not there when it blew over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana. Just heard snowfall totals so far.  Forked River has 15.5" so far.     Lbi has 11".   I have about 6 to 8 so far.     The winds are nasty.    

Debbie, I couldn't believe the snowfall totals at home.  Most times, Forked River just gets a dusting!!  Our daughter sent us a picture last night of our flagpole with the heavy wind and snow blowing.  She sent another picture this morning, showing how deep it already was.

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The weather is dismal, waves are rough.  Charlie is much better thanks.

Andrew the one interesting thing we have on Staten Island is a Tim Hortons!!

It's good to hear that Charlie is much better, thank goodness.  Enjoy your remaining days onboard.

When did SI get a Tim Horton?  Where is it located?

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@LuckynanaMaryann, Happy Birthday to sweet Mighty Kennedy.  I hope he continues to improve!

Thanks Bonnie.  I was so happy that his mom posted about Kennedy's progress.  I couldn't believe it when she said the baby turned One year old!😊

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

More snow and the winds stay Up, you will have some big snow drifts.  Wind was very strong here yesterday.  Knocked out Kenzie’s electric for awhile.  Good it’s hitting on the weekend.

The wind and cold can be brutal!  It's pretty windy and chilly here in South Florida, but I'm certainly not complaining!  Stay warm, John!  

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 I passed my covid test for tomorrow. Now if I can just keep that going.

It's another go!!!  Enjoy!

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

A5306338-1A34-4E88-9A1E-D4D0D9692990.thumb.jpeg.a5c1af9f7d66ffa4ea11f7aafcc9660e.jpeg

14355500-4A47-4C74-9FD8-53857EC3C8E0.thumb.jpeg.717c1aafed717b33995ab86e5ef05de8.jpeg

Enjoy your chili while you enjoy watching the snow from your warm and toasty home!

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Hoping everyone is safe and warm today.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

854EA9B8-9045-45AA-BC3C-AAF334FFCA7C.jpeg

Wow!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today was one of those where an enclosed solarium would have been nice. The wind and clouds made it cold. It wasn't bad when the sun broke though but that was not frequent and it was short lived. Just got to the cabin and had to turn the temp up. Tomorrow is going to be a shocker. 😯

If I were retired I would be down at Next Cruise finding a cabin for next week.😐

Enjoy your evening and safe travels home in the morning.  😍 Hopefully your car is in a parking garage so you don't have to clean it when you get off the plane.    I'm sure your cat will be happy to see you.

Last night my cats were going bonkers because of the storm and probably the air pressure affects them.   They couldn't sit still and Sparky wouldn't stop meowing no matter what toy we played with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have seen a couple of post here of folks talking about Elton John concerts.  My daughter just text us to let us know she is getting ready for the Elton John concert at Little Rock this evening.  They love concerts.

8C3F3837-8FEA-410C-9A93-C412FCDE9B02.thumb.jpeg.3cb3109b73c0490d7515a081c7196335.jpeg

Love it!      We saw Elton John and Billy Joel together several years ago and it was an amazing concert.    I am sure she will have a blast tonight.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I were retired I would be down at Next Cruise finding a cabin for next week.😐

Good indication you really enjoyed the cruise.  That’s great.  I am glad that in the end you decided to go.  Now maybe it’s time to plan for the next one.  🤔 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are getting spoiled with that and I am loving the heated seats.  I am thankful we got them.

We love the heated seats also!  Darned good invention!😉

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

5AADDFC6-016D-40F8-99AB-3BF814E063E4.thumb.jpeg.faefe72bb851907b3ba5228c317d6052.jpegE2CE484D-8CCB-40E2-B4B4-8067A3FF0E72.thumb.jpeg.24f401e4b5f43cfeff240992ff599f94.jpeg5AADDFC6-016D-40F8-99AB-3BF814E063E4.thumb.jpeg.faefe72bb851907b3ba5228c317d6052.jpeg

That looks like an angry and very cold sea!!  I wonder how high the waves are...what deck are you and Charlie on?

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, mafig said:

Our town took a direct hit from Hurricane Charley in 2004.  

A year later we had a "We're Back" town party and invited Jim Cantore.  He came and partied with us.  Nice person.

Our local weatherman did a pizza party in December to celebrate a hurricane free season.  Thoisand showed up to the ball park where it was held.  Guest star was Jim Cantore, he actually had to leave early due to tornado outbreaks.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Waters are rough, ship is rocking like crazy!

Yikes, where are you, we are by the NC/SC border and it has been very windy and cold here today.  Wonder if you are hitting that weather.

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why is it that we live in New England?

It isn't that much better here lately, last weekend ice storm this weekend snow 😲.  This is the same palm that was just about touching the ground last week.  We put another in last spring, we were nervous for hurricane season, who knew that would be fine but instead we would have to deal with cold.

We head south next week for our cruise, so ready for hopefully warmer weather.

20220129_085521.jpg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Stopped snowing between 2 and 3 pm in my area.    We have snow blowed our driveway and our neighbor that cat sits for us.     She brought out a thermos of spiked hot chocolate for us as we shoveled her front porch, etc.    Yummy!     

Wind has been howling around all day but seems to have slowed down in the last hour.   

We definitely had some snow drifts.    I had shoveled our back patio and 2 hours later it was all covered again and big snow drift at the back door.    

It does look pretty but I hope we are done with it.    

I hope the storm is just about over for you.  Enjoy your chili, Debbie, and stay safe and warm!

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today was one of those where an enclosed solarium would have been nice. The wind and clouds made it cold. It wasn't bad when the sun broke though but that was not frequent and it was short lived. Just got to the cabin and had to turn the temp up. Tomorrow is going to be a shocker. 😯

I'm sorry that your last day has turned so cold and windy for you;  it's great that you had a wonderful week for your cruise, OB.  Safe travels tomorrow.  We'll all be thinking of you!

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

It's crazy how the wind uproots trees!   I'm glad to hear you and Pauline are good!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have seen a couple of post here of folks talking about Elton John concerts.  My daughter just text us to let us know she is getting ready for the Elton John concert at Little Rock this evening.  They love concerts.

8C3F3837-8FEA-410C-9A93-C412FCDE9B02.thumb.jpeg.3cb3109b73c0490d7515a081c7196335.jpeg

She is going to have such a great time!!  We saw Elton John and Billy Joel in Concert years ago!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

This is the same palm that was just about touching the ground last week. 

Beautiful tree. I would hope that the ice does not damage it too bad. When we get ice here in the midwest, it can topple over tree's very easily.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Our local weatherman did a pizza party in December to celebrate a hurricane free season.  Thoisand showed up to the ball park where it was held.  Guest star was Jim Cantore, he actually had to leave early due to tornado outbreaks.

Yikes, where are you, we are by the NC/SC border and it has been very windy and cold here today.  Wonder if you are hitting that weather.

It isn't that much better here lately, last weekend ice storm this weekend snow 😲.  This is the same palm that was just about touching the ground last week.  We put another in last spring, we were nervous for hurricane season, who knew that would be fine but instead we would have to deal with cold.

We head south next week for our cruise, so ready for hopefully warmer weather.

20220129_085521.jpg

Beautiful picture!  Not to worry, it's going to be getting warmer by mid-week here!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

all the venues will be probably be empty for dinner this evening.     I noticed the night we had rough seas everything was empty and felt like I had the ship to myself when I was walking around.  

I experienced that every day this week walking around at 5AM.🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

Wow.  Those were some winds.  I hope your lovely garden is ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

So my Daughter is running around Los Angeles, staying In a Hotel room with her friends who she doesn’t live with. She’s there to see 3 concerts, Which has sold out. I am not worried for her because she’s healthy and she’s had all of her shots plus her booster.

Me I have two different types of Auto immune disorders.

I’ve got my cruise on March 6, so I’m currently building her an isolation room.

I have not had a vacation in five years and seeing Harry styles in concert is not a vacation.

she going to be surprise when I meet her at the door with a mask on And direct her to sanitize 

Sure knows that I’m going to Covid test her .

I’m going on the cruise.

My niece who will be taking care of our dogs next weekend tested positive on Monday.  I told her when she comes into the office on Monday that I will be wearing a mask.  I think I had Omnicom at Christmas but I'm not taking chances.  My husband was sick about two weeks ago on Thursday and then again yesterday.  Both times he tested negative with the rapid but will go tomorrow to have a pcr test done just to double check to see if he is sick or not.  Feels fine again today so who knows, could just be a sinus infection.  He is prone to them. 

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

52 degrees sounds lovely after the cooler temps you have been having.  The wind storm doesn't sound too wonderful, particularly for the ones who have lost power.  We are keeping our fingers crossed, seems like we lose power at our home at the drop of a hat.  We do have a small generator that runs the fridge and the microwave so that we don't starve.  We can light the gas stove too!

My backup binax tests are supposed to arrive on Monday.  I am keeping my fingers crossed, ordered them Thursday and then read the thread were they were not being shipped out.  Yikes!  I still have not booked a hotel room.  I need to research that tonight or tomorrow. 

• Like 5