Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We only had about 3 inches when I got up at 7 am, but it’s really picked up in the last hour. Close to white out conditions.  
I’m watching The Weather Channel. Jim Cantore’s out on the street in Boston, advising people to “stay off the roads and let the plows do their job” - as he stands in the middle of the street with plows going around him 🤣.  

The plow trucks in my development were on the roads at 5 AM .I was sleeping and not aware but Toby woke up from the sounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@bobmaclibertyI don't know if you saw this. To show how much us Kansas City fans respect the Bills, Josh Allen and the fans of the Bills, Linda and I donated $13 dollars to this cause after the game. It made national news and was ABC News person of the week segment.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/nfl-fans-show-true-sportsmanship-playoff-game-82543501?fbclid=IwAR0xLRkJUIY44neSuNsiYHZvnwcxmtc0yb35_ZgM5DSpbCKVZCPVQmI4vuU

We saw it. My better half who is more into football than I am has a lot of respect for the KC QB.

• Thanks 1

Nervous day so far. Just saw 3 coyotes running through the yard. Luckily we and pups were inside. Not quite sure what to do. I think we can deal with one. if we see it but 3 I'm not sure.

Is there an Animal Control Center that you can call for advice ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

The vet now thinks something got lodged in there, which is causing the swelling.  Fortunately, it’s above the pad he walks on, so it doesn’t interfere with walking.  They are changing up his antibiotics, but if that doesn’t help, he will have minor surgery right after we get back from our cruise in early feb 😞

Hope it heals soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Check that temperature

I have the reverse with temperatures.  We don’t have a garage (in my next life) and in the summer when I get in my car the external temperature gauge (which is pointing down towards the bricks) will helpfully tell me the temperature is in the triple digits…. Thanks.  Now I’m REALLY hot.  Plus leather seats…. Thank goodness the AC is very powerful.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I have the reverse with temperatures.  We don’t have a garage (in my next life) and in the summer when I get in my car the external temperature gauge (which is pointing down towards the bricks) will helpfully tell me the temperature is in the triple digits…. Thanks.  Now I’m REALLY hot.  Plus leather seats…. Thank goodness the AC is very powerful.

I could sure use half of those triple digit temps right now.

We have big temperature swings here in the seasons, so auto start will either heat or cool my Jeep. Heated or cooled seats depending on the season, but the heated steering wheel for a few minutes is always appreciated on cold days. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure how much snow we have had so far as it is really blowing and drifting. White chicken chili cooking in the crockpot and we are not clearing the snow until tomorrow. Stay safe and warm. 

FA4734F2-98D4-492F-A1C1-3FABE7832F09.thumb.jpeg.f9bf8e4b08f46db59ee57370b284256e.jpeg

A5306338-1A34-4E88-9A1E-D4D0D9692990.thumb.jpeg.a5c1af9f7d66ffa4ea11f7aafcc9660e.jpeg

9 inches so far in Mashpee on the Cape  Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

9 inches so far in Mashpee on the Cape  Good luck

Thanks, we are in the height of it which is supposed to be 2-4 inches of snow an hour for the next four hours.  Winds are really picking up. I spoke to my Mom in NH and it is really windy and snowy up there too but she still has power too, so that is good.  She has a gas fireplace at least and neighbors in her building with gas stoves, so she will be able to get a cup of coffee from someone.  She baked last night and brought some to her neighbors, so I know someone will bring her something hot if they are without power for a while.

I hope your sister is doing alright down on the Cape.  I saw where all of Provincetown is now without power.  I know that they are saying more than 100,000 households without power statewide right now.  I am sure that will be increasing.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I could sure use half of those triple digit temps right now.

We have big temperature swings here in the seasons, so auto start will either heat or cool my Jeep. Heated or cooled seats depending on the season, but the heated steering wheel for a few minutes is always appreciated on cold days. 

I Iove having a heated steering wheel. I won"t buy a car without one.

• Like 2

@bobmaclibertyI don't know if you saw this. To show how much us Kansas City fans respect the Bills, Josh Allen and the fans of the Bills, Linda and I donated $13 dollars to this cause after the game. It made national news and was ABC News person of the week segment.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/nfl-fans-show-true-sportsmanship-playoff-game-82543501?fbclid=IwAR0xLRkJUIY44neSuNsiYHZvnwcxmtc0yb35_ZgM5DSpbCKVZCPVQmI4vuU

I did see this.  Thank you so much for contributing.  The Children's Hospital in Buffalo does some amazing things.  There was some minor drama about this when it first started, since the donation amounts were $13.  Some of the more traumatized Bills fans felt that the amount was disrespectful...sort of rubbing salt in the wound of giving up the tying FG in the final 13 seconds.  Cooler heads have prevailed though and most fans now really appreciate what the KC fans are doing.  A classy gesture of good sportsmanship.

I hope that this becomes a trend in football (maybe it is and I'm not aware beyond the Bills).  I'm not sure if Bills Mafia actually started this, but we did something similar for Andy Dalton's charitable foundation in 2017 after his final week, last second TD pass gave the Bengals a win over the Ravens and put the Bills in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.  Bills fans donated $440K+ in mostly $17 increments (one for each year out of the playoffs).  Unfortunately, a later investigation revealed that $100K of that total went to the foundation's management firm.  Sad.

I love going back and watching the celebration videos from 2017 (especially after the loss last weekend).  Pure joy.  For those not familiar, the Bills had already won their final game but still needed the Ravens to lose for them to make the playoffs.  The Bills were watching the end of the Bengals-Ravens game in the locker room.  The Ravens were ahead by 3 with 52 seconds left.  The Bengals had the ball at the 49 yard line and it was 4th and 12.  Not only did the Bengals complete the 4th down pass, they scored a touchdown.  You'll hear two cheers in the below video...the first when Tyler Boyd catches the pass for a first down, and the second as he keeps running and scores a TD, causing the locker room to erupt.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Triple digits is common here also , luckily we have a garage , one of my friends is building a pool and it can both heat the water in winter and cool the water in summer. We also had zero weather last February which broke lots of records.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I Iove having a heated steering wheel. I won"t buy a car without one.

We have heated seats and steering wheels in both of our cars, but rarely use either anymore.  What we do use are the cooled seats in my wife's car.  They work surprisingly well when getting into a hot car.

• Like 2

This was the headline for our local paper today.

Latest update is  that the North Fork is experiencing 50 mph winds.

It is continuing  to snow here.The town plows have gone through our street once.

Hoping everyone is safe and warm today.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

854EA9B8-9045-45AA-BC3C-AAF334FFCA7C.jpeg

• Like 3

So my Daughter is running around Los Angeles, staying In a Hotel room with her friends who she doesn’t live with. She’s there to see 3 concerts, Which has sold out. I am not worried for her because she’s healthy and she’s had all of her shots plus her booster.

Me I have two different types of Auto immune disorders.

I’ve got my cruise on March 6, so I’m currently building her an isolation room.

I have not had a vacation in five years and seeing Harry styles in concert is not a vacation.

she going to be surprise when I meet her at the door with a mask on And direct her to sanitize 

Sure knows that I’m going to Covid test her .

I’m going on the cruise.

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We have heated seats and steering wheels in both of our cars, but rarely use either anymore.  What we do use are the cooled seats in my wife's car.  They work surprisingly well when getting into a hot car.

We have heated seats which is wonderful on freezing cold days.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

This was the headline for our local paper today.

Latest update is  that the North Fork is experiencing 50 mph winds.

It is continuing  to snow here.The town plows have gone through our street once.

Hoping everyone is safe and warm today.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

854EA9B8-9045-45AA-BC3C-AAF334FFCA7C.jpeg

We are in the 12-18 designation although with the drifts it looks more like two feet.

• Like 1