Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I apparently have some movies I have to watch.    Eric has seen some of the nominated movies but I am far behind.   I never even heard of Power of the Dog movie until this morning.

I e got that in my queue, just haven’t played it yet.  I’ve heard lots of good things about it, but just never got into westerns.  But, surprisingly, I really like Yellowstone.  

• Like 1

@Sea Dog Greg I want to stop by to add my well wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow and an easy recovery.  You know you have the support and prayers of your CC family. 

We’re enjoying the glorious weather here in Ft Lauderdale so I can’t catch up on much more right now, but I also want to say @dani negreanuIm so glad your travel plans have worked out.  I hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to your photos.  
The 1 yr old is recovered from her bout with Covid but of course my daughter & the 3 yr old also caught it.  Abby (almost 3) is doing well. My daughter is struggling with exhaustion, but says a little better every day.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I e got that in my queue, just haven’t played it yet.  I’ve heard lots of good things about it, but just never got into westerns.  But, surprisingly, I really like Yellowstone.  

I wouldn’t say power of the dog is a western it takes place in 1920, scenery is really nice , I believe it was filmed in New Zealand , I also liked the one costar since Friday night lights and he and his real wife are both nominated for awards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanuDani, "niseeah tovah"  A good journey!!

So glad it finally worked out!

Have a safe and fabulous time.  My Israeli nephew said when he was there that it was a remarkable place.

Have a wonderful and memorable time on your trip, Dani!!  I'm so happy for you and your DH.  As others have said, we're all looking forward to the beautiful pictures that you will be taking and sharing with us!🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Captain Lee was definitely off.  He did not seem to support Eddie at all.  Jake would have added some fun to the reunion, they should have waited for him😊Jess just did not want to be there.

Rachel was pretty quiet also.  I liked how Rayna loved everyone until she didn’t.  Very confused young woman.

anyway, enjoy today as best you can and in a few weeks you will be running all over town!

Thanks Marietta very much. I agree with your assessment of the reunion totally.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Add me to the list of people wishing you well.

Every person I know that had knee surgery/replacement has told me they wish they had done it sooner. Fortunately, I'm not in any need just yet.

Take care of your knees for long as you can. I should have this done 10 years ago.

3 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Looking forward to the updates and the particulars of the robot surgery.   I’m sure you’ll pull through with flying colors.  

Thank you. Isn't technology amazing?

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ethanol....drinking alcohol.

Still behind the learning curve when it comes to that stuff. Took me forever to know what Lol meant.

I watched. I just can't stand Rayna. I think I will not elaborate.

One word "Toxic."

We didn't see Lee critiquing Eddie during the season. I don't know why he saved it for the reunion. Eddie looked like he was surprised by what Lee was saying.

Personally, I think Lee looks ill. 

I agree. Lee did not look good. Especially the scene at the last dinner he looked like a very old man hunched over with his glasses. He looked frail. I'm curious if the producers will have Eddie take over for Capt. Lee when he decides to be done. I think the producers will let Capt. Lee continue as long as he wants to.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for your operation tomorrow Greg.

Graham & Pauline.

Thank you so much Graham and Pauline. You are the best.

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog 

Wishing you well tomorrow for the surgery and also a good recuperation.

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you for the well wishes.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog Greg I want to stop by to add my well wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow and an easy recovery.  You know you have the support and prayers of your CC family. 

Thank you Deb and yes all of you are amazing.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Greg, adding me to your list of those wishing you well with your surgery tomorrow.  Hope all goes smoothly. 

Thank you Mark. I think it will go smoothly. This surgeon is young but has a very good reputation.

47 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

@Sea DogGood luck tomorrow I had back surgery 2 years ago and so far it was worth all the surgery and the recovery. Plus you have 2 little friends to help you on your way.

Thank you so much. Yes the two little ones are getting two fast for me to pick up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Squirrels pop up here on occasion so I thought I would share a squirrel pic 🐿.  These two squirrels have been around our house since 1983!  I used to get into woodburning.  This was one of my favorites.  After showing this to Caden a couple days ago, I am going to order another burner and teach Caden.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a25d3177b00f86b41ac6090940195de3.jpeg

Very Nice!   I am Impressed🤩  I am sure Caden would really appreciate you teaching him.    I cannot wait to see his amazing artwork!

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry I think that was a duplicate post.   

@Sea DogAs other extended family members of CC and this thread have said - You Got This!    

Try to get lots of rest this evening, I know it won't be easy but no worries, all will be good and we are all here for you. 🙏 😍

That's fine with me. Thank you again Debbie!!!!!

• Like 1

Toby was driving to the Medical building to pick me up from Parkinsons Therapy.

She lost control of the car and drove into the brick wall of the building.

She is okay physically but mentally she is a wreck.

The car was totaled.The police,the Fire dept and EMT’s came to the site .

We had no way of getting home .I called a friend of mine who posts on CC .He came for us and took us home.

CC people are great .

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had no way of getting home .I called a friend of mine who posts on CC .He came for us and took us home.

CC people are great .

So sorry to hear this Lenny.  Glad to hear that Toby wasn't physically hurt.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

CC people are great .

Good heavens! I’m so glad Toby isn’t hurt , but I’m sure her adrenaline is working overtime. 
Life is complicated enough without having to suddenly have to deal with insurance and replacing your car. 
I’m glad no one inside the building was hurt. And that y’all were able to get a ride home.

Bless her heart, Toby is going through what my sister-in-law did…shock, worry, imagining what could have happened. 
A night’s sleep will help. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

@Sea DogGood luck tomorrow I had back surgery 2 years ago and so far it was worth all the surgery and the recovery. Plus you have 2 little friends to help you on your way.

My son had back surgery12 years ago when he was 27, and the doctor told him that he would have to have more surgery at some point.   His back pain has been progressing, and his doctor is recommending an RFA procedure.   He had to have a couple of nerve blocks done to see if those would reduce pain, before his insurance would approve the procedure.   He is now just waiting for insurance approval.  

I know we are hoping this will get rid of his pain for quite a while.   At least they say the recovery time for this is pretty quick.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Lost, and Hawaii 5-0 constantly used the exact same locations, it is particularly bad when H50 kept finding dead people in the same spots.  If I was them I would have just posted some police there and they could have had time to go surfing.  

I must admit I’ve enjoyed watching the new Magnum PI for the scenery alone. Especially when we had to cancel our trip to Hawaii in March of 2020. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

CC people are great .

Lenny, hate that Toby had to go through that. Scary.  I hope she can relax soon.  You probably remember we had to deal with this a few months ago.  It’s a blessing to have friends willing to help in times like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I must admit I’ve enjoyed watching the new Magnum PI for the scenery alone. Especially when we had to cancel our trip to Hawaii in March of 2020. 

We enjoy the scenery on it too.  We had our April Hawaiian cruise canceled.  When we watch Magnum PI we think about what it may of been like.  We have been thinking it may be nicer to just go on our own.

• Like 3

@Sea DogGreg, I hope your sushi lunch was delicious and your time with your good friend frabjous!

Please try not to worry too much. It’s really just a chore you have to do: get dressed, sparkling clean, check in and put  on a fashionable hospital gown, and entertain the myriad people who pop into pre op to ask questions and take your blood pressure. 
I always look around the operating room. They look nothing like I thought years ago. My latest one looked like a storage room. Shelves with assorted stuff on them, like our garage. Maybe so my doctor could ask for a number three whatever instead of a number two. 
They will have all the parts for your knee laid out and they will be double and triple checked. That’s a good time for you to ask if they need any help. Another set of eyes is always good. 
The operation you’re having is so perfected, it’s like a nice bus ride for the operating team. 
We’ll be in there with you. If you hear any fluttering, it will be our temporary angels’ wings while we watch over you. 
We’ll be waiting to hear all about it, but please don’t take photos of you meals, unless they have them catered!!!

God bless you!

Mimi

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm the same.  Since a few people here recommended a Kauai helicopter, I've watched a few YouTube videos of these tours...especially the tours with the doors off.  Absolutely spectacular.  Can't wait to get back.

I drove myself crazy trying to find the real house that is filmed as Robin's Nest.  This house:

Robin's Nest house

Some of the show's scenes are filmed at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, but there's no house like this near the water at that location, or anywhere else on Oahu that I could find on Google Maps (yeah, I've got that kind of time on my hands).  Turns out that the house was computer generated into a shot taken of Kualoa Regional Park.  Never thought that they'd CG a house when there are so many gorgeous estates on the water there.  Probably cheaper to do it that way and the producer can make it look exactly the way he wanted.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes, encouragement and support. It means everything to me and I consider all of you family. 

Someone asked me how I felt about having a scared knee and leg. I replied "hell if it means no pain... my leg can be as ugly, as I am too old to care about being beautiful.

Cheers everyone. Let's do this!

Just think, Greg, tomorrow at this time, your operation will be all over, Linda will be at your bedside visiting you, and you will know that your new life with your knee replacement has begun!

We are all here rooting for you.  You can do this, Greg!!!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.🙏🥰

p.s. You can barely see Jim's scar.  

• Like 5

@Sea Dog I meant to mention this earlier.  I too am a chronic worrier and get very anxious about medical procedures.  I haven’t had many- one foot surgery and a handful of lithotripsy’s for kidney stones.  When you arrive, tell them if you’re experiencing anxiety. I used to be embarrassed to do so and would suffer silently, but there’s no need.  Let them know how you feel and they’ll take care of you.  

• Like 7