Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I believe it. Me neither.  Nor did I ever watch the show that it was a spin-off of: "JAG".

Never saw an episode of any of the Chicago MED/FIRE/PD series and only watch the first season of the original Law & Order.

I never saw JAG or any of the Chicago shows,however,I saw many Law and Order shows.My wife’s sister has a friend who was a stage actor.In between productions he often had mini roles on the various Law and Order shows playing a Judge or a Juror with one or two lines.He once told me that he was in over 300 shows.I never saw him in any.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@lenquixote66

Lenny,

I am sorry to hear about Toby and your car. I am glad Toby is alright.

It seems like your original post was removed and I missed it. But thanks to Graham quoting it in his reply, I was able to read it. Hope Toby is calm now.

And thank you Graham for quoting it.

Thanks,Arzeena.

Strange to me that it would be removed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Oh yeah, all the Newfie jokes.  LOL   Lots of my family is on Cape Breton Island, NS.  Just south of Newfoundland.

Its kind of funny, but sad too, that as my mom gets older and with all the chemo, pain meds and Alzheimer’s slowly setting it, she will tell a story from her childhood with some really bad Newfie joke in it with a Newfie accent.  Which is weird since she has lived in the US since she was 18 and doesn’t normally sound like her brothers or sisters.  Funny how the mind works as we get older and filled with chemicals. 

I have a form of Dementia related to my Parkinsons.If I have a verbal conversation with someone I will forget everything shortly thereafter.I have to keep notes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Lots of posts happening when it was posted and a lot of pages since that time, people have been busy!  Going back, I saw a bunch I missed too! 🙂 

I find that I also end up missing a string of post fairly frequently. I'm not sure how to avoid it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Whew, finally caught up again! I had Covid last week and got behind on reading this thread, and it moves so fast! I’m fine now other than the lingering fatigue, which is rough. Andrew had symptoms for only 2 days but tested negative, and my husband Brian escaped unscathed.

Best wishes to @Sea Dog this morning! Hope all goes well!

Speaking of surgery, our little rescue kitty Lucy is going to have to have a large bladder stone removed on Friday. You can tell it’s making her so uncomfortable; she’s in her litter box every couple of minutes. I’m so glad we have her now (we adopted her in October) so that we can get this fixed for her and help her feel better.

22A5EE0D-BD3F-43FE-936D-BD34E8DBBE09.jpeg

What a beautiful cat. Good luck with her surgery.Glad that you recovered from Covid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

She is an emotional wreck .Friends and relatives have been calling.My children will be here after they finish work

I hope someone will know just the right thing to say to help Toby get past this. 
I’m sure she can only think of how much worse it could have been, and what happened to cause the accident. 
An accident is exactly what it was, and chances are good it wouldn’t happen again. 
It’s going to take some time, and maybe some counseling, from your Rabbi or a therapist. Once your confidence is shaken, it has to be carefully built up again. 
A long life as a wife and mother outweighs an automobile accident that resulted in damage, not injury. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

What a beautiful cat. Good luck with her surgery.Glad that you recovered from Covid.

Thanks, Lenny! I am glad your wife is OK after the accident, and I hope she will be able to recover from the emotional effects, too.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I find that I also end up missing a string of post fairly frequently. I'm not sure how to avoid it.

I don't think we can avoid it as this thread moves very quickly at times and you can miss a lot of posts in just the short time it takes to type a reply.  I go back at times to see if I have missed something when I can't figure out a conversation but at times, I just scroll by.  There are so many topics intertwined and at times people don't quote what they are replying to, so it gets confusing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I hope someone will know just the right thing to say to help Toby get past this. 
I’m sure she can only think of how much worse it could have been, and what happened to cause the accident. 
An accident is exactly what it was, and chances are good it wouldn’t happen again. 
It’s going to take some time, and maybe some counseling, from your Rabbi or a therapist. Once your confidence is shaken, it has to be carefully built up again. 
A long life as a wife and mother outweighs an automobile accident that resulted in damage, not injury. 

She should also be seen by a medical professional to make sure she is okay.  It is amazing that she was able to walk away from an accident where a car went into a building.  No way of knowing if she has something going on without being checked out.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Thanks very much,Mimi.😀

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Whew, finally caught up again! I had Covid last week and got behind on reading this thread, and it moves so fast! I’m fine now other than the lingering fatigue, which is rough. Andrew had symptoms for only 2 days but tested negative, and my husband Brian escaped unscathed.

Best wishes to @Sea Dog this morning! Hope all goes well!

Speaking of surgery, our little rescue kitty Lucy is going to have to have a large bladder stone removed on Friday. You can tell it’s making her so uncomfortable; she’s in her litter box every couple of minutes. I’m so glad we have her now (we adopted her in October) so that we can get this fixed for her and help her feel better.

22A5EE0D-BD3F-43FE-936D-BD34E8DBBE09.jpeg

She looks like our Lucy here with Gracie.

20220208_231412.jpg

20211021_104549.jpg

20210924_152743.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I live in Florida and I'm one of them.  I just had to Google a time zone map to confirm that you weren't messing with me.  You would have taken a lot of drinks from me in a bar bet with that.  

We like visiting Destin and still I forgot.  May visit there again in May.