Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Sorry if I have missed any big news, had my turn at sea last week, 5 days on Mariner along with 2 days in Cocoa Beach before and 1 day in Amelia Island after.  Started a fewpages back, almost 50 pages behind.

@Sea Dog glad to hear your surgery went well, hoping you will feel better soon.  Surgery is never fun but usually life is much better after.  I am sure those pups are ready for you to be home.  Don't worry I had a few Jrakjen Coladas for you last week 😉.

@bobmacliberty thanks for the recommendations on Amelia Island.  Our day there, Tuesday into Wed, was a bit chilly and rainy but definitely see the charm.  We stayed at the Hampton in Fernandina, walked thru town, had lunch at the Salty Pelican, a few drinks at the Green Turtle waiting on the room, and dinner at the Boathouse.  Had to continue the over indulgence from the cruise.  We will be back hopefully with nicer weather.

We lucked out prior to the cruise and got to see a launch from deck 12 on Mariner just before we left port, couldn't have asked for a much better spot.  Not quite as nice a picture as @John&LaLa but better than from home.

Our sailing visited Coco Cay, first time there for us since 2005 wow what a difference, and Cozumel where we fortunately didn't have any plans as it poured around noon time.  On the good side, we were in a store downtown when it started to drizzle, asked if there was any recommendations close by for drinks and a light lunch.  Headed a block away and found a great little place, The Thirsty Cougar.  Met a gentleman who lives there part time and had a great conversation, found out after he left he paid our check so the rain wasn't such a bad thing.

Enjoyed our cruise and very happy we went even with the stress of testing and inconvenience with masks.  Mariner is looking a bit tired but she is still providing a great cruise especially with reduced capacity, we were just under 50%.

Safe travels to all heading out shortly, will try to add a few pics.

Launch from ship20220203_131334.thumb.jpg.de8a0a71ba6721563b7d50c79824b2f9.jpg

Coco cay20220204_152421.thumb.jpg.91df0abb20a14bd7de8a4750556d504b.jpg

20220204_152209.thumb.jpg.ff1e04c7bc40c40782589a7b1d0e478d.jpg

The rain in Cozumel20220206_121830.thumb.jpg.47765680e3186e5611d25dc8d161204f.jpg

Panaromic of upper deck

20220207_174229-PANO.thumb.jpg.435a2ae45e893e0e3e326f1fdd88febe.jpg

No sunrises but sunsets

20220204_172953.thumb.jpg.473fe4fec86d62db49ef4ce4d4d44430.jpg

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, BND said:

I used ones we took a couple of years ago against a wall in our house.  They've been accepted on a couple of cruises and worked for Harmony too.  They'll just retake yours if needed.

I could keep taking ours over and over, but they probably wouldn’t get better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Enjoyed our cruise and very happy we went even with the stress of testing and inconvenience with masks.  Mariner is looking a bit tired but she is still providing a great cruise especially with reduced capacity, we were just under 50%.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise.  Can be a challenge but nice to get back to cruising.  Thanks for posting the pics.  Looks like that was a hard rain!

• Like 1

@Sea Dog 

Hi Greg. . . I’m tip-toeing out of Lurker Land to let  you know that I am sooo happy to see that you are doing so well post-surgery!! :classic_biggrin:

I prayed for you and your surgical team before your surgery. Now, I’ll pray for your healing and rehab.

With your great attitude and sense of humor and your award-winning work ethic, I know you will do well!!

Take care,

Sue

• Like 11

1 hour ago, derorim said:we both were negative today.  Whew.

So tomorrow morning we board our flight to FLL, and Saturday we step onto a beautiful new ship.  We are ready for a vacation!

Joy in so happy for you. What a relief. Now you can relax and get fired up to board. Have a fantastic cruise and drink a Kraken Colada for me. Cheers to you!!

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

@Sea Dog glad to hear your surgery went well, hoping you will feel better soon.  Surgery is never fun but usually life is much better after.  I am sure those pups are ready for you to be home.  Don't worry I had a few Jrakjen Colada’s.

Thank you very much April for your support and well wishes. Excited to being home tomorrow and see my babies. Love those Kraken Colada’s they are so yummy. Gave another for me. Cheers, Greg 

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Remember Miracle Max!  Chocolate makes the medicine go down easier.

Good to know. I do love my chocolate. Craving the world dessert from wonderland right now.

20 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

@Sea Dog 

Hi Greg. . . I’m tip-toeing out of Lurker Land to let  you know that I am sooo happy to see that you are doing so well post-surgery!! :classic_biggrin:

I prayed for you and your surgical team before your surgery. Now, I’ll pray for your healing and rehab.

With your great attitude and sense of humor and your award-winning work ethic, I know you will do well!!

Take care,

Sue

Sue thank you coming out if the shadow’s to join our community. Your words mean so much and I can tell you are a wonderful compassionate person you do you fit right in with our wonderful group of family. Excited to be going home to my beawife and our new fur babies looking forward to holding them in my arms again.

A8729792-F3AB-4820-84C0-EA3355792FF1.thumb.jpeg.2561e442f41fbca5ca1f3d1c271eeaca.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Today has been a little stressful.  We are scheduled to board Odyssey on Saturday, so we had to get our covid tests today.  I was nervous about it because two months ago we were tested in order to board our Anthem cruise, and Andy tested positive (no symptoms).  I was fearful that this time it could be me testing positive, even though I feel fine.  Fortunately, we both were negative today.  Whew.

Once we got the good news, I allowed myself to pack and I started to relax.  That is, until our pet sitter for Marcel (our 14 yr old kitty) called at 6 pm and said she was in the emergency room, facing possible surgery, and couldn't pet sit for us.  Panic set in. Fortunately, my son and his wife stepped up and said they would take care of Marcel.  Whew again.   

So tomorrow morning we board our flight to FLL, and Saturday we step onto a beautiful new ship.  We are ready for a vacation!

Great news.

Wishing you a fabulous cruise on Odyssey of the seas on Saturday.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, you are home already?  congrats, and your dogs are nothing at all like my knuckleheads.  I can’t imagine that scenery with mine!  

no that was pic taken several days ago. I go today. Remarkable I had no pain in my leg last night so I finally got some sleep.

its5:30am and I’ve taken one lap around the floor of the hospital with minimal pain. Amazing feeling..

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Great to hear you are going home so quickly.  

shoukd get out of here by 11:00am. I’m ready to do this. Feeling pretty good overall. Thank you Ken! 

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

33°F and cold this morning in North East England.

Pleased to hear Greg @Sea Dog has had his knee op and is eating and starts his physical therapy today.

OT went great yesterday learned how to do stairs. Minimal pain today. I’m amazed at my progress.

• Like 24

Just now, Sea Dog said:

no that was pic taken several days ago. I go today. Remarkable I had no pain in my leg last night so I finally got some sleep.

its5:30am and I’ve taken one lap around the floor of the hospital with minimal pain. Amazing feeling..

shoukd get out of here by 11:00am. I’m ready to do this. Feeling pretty good overall. Thank you Ken! 

OT went great yesterday learned how to do stairs. Minimal pain today. I’m amazed at my progress.

Congrats on a pain free night and getting a good sleep. I've always found that a good night's sleep helps in the healing process.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, derorim said:

Today has been a little stressful.  We are scheduled to board Odyssey on Saturday, so we had to get our covid tests today.  I was nervous about it because two months ago we were tested in order to board our Anthem cruise, and Andy tested positive (no symptoms).  I was fearful that this time it could be me testing positive, even though I feel fine.  Fortunately, we both were negative today.  Whew.

Once we got the good news, I allowed myself to pack and I started to relax.  That is, until our pet sitter for Marcel (our 14 yr old kitty) called at 6 pm and said she was in the emergency room, facing possible surgery, and couldn't pet sit for us.  Panic set in. Fortunately, my son and his wife stepped up and said they would take care of Marcel.  Whew again.   

Just curious where in Virginia you are from and what Airport you use for flying to Florida.  We have yet to fly anywhere since we moved to Virginia and what Airport would be the one to fly from? We are in Southwest Virginia and Roanoke is closest but prices are really high, I think the next closest is Charlotte but tghat 2 hours away, Washington/Baltimore is even farther away.

We went and saw Death on the Nile (2022) at the Multiplex cinemas tonight.  The opening scenes are in black & white, set in the trenches in 1914 and in French with subtitles.  My friend was quietly panicking  that she had taken me in the wrong cinema yet again ( yes, we sat through the first 30 mins of the wrong movie at the multiplex a few years back before we twigged and she has felt guilty ever since).  Anyway, despite the Armie Hammer ick factor especially in a specific early scene,  we enjoyed this movie with several shock deaths, gorgeous visuals of “Egypt” and the “Egyptian boat” and a lovely soundtrack. We thoroughly enjoyed it.  For us it was better than Kenneth Brannagh’s previous one.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We went and saw Death on the Nile (2022) at the Multiplex cinemas tonight.  The opening scenes are in black & white, set in the trenches in 1914 and in French with subtitles.  My friend was quietly panicking  that she had taken me in the wrong cinema yet again ( yes, we sat through the first 30 mins of the wrong movie at the multiplex a few years back before we twigged and she has felt guilty ever since).  Anyway, despite the Armie Hammer ick factor especially in a specific early scene,  we enjoyed this movie with several shock deaths, gorgeous visuals of “Egypt” and the “Egyptian boat” and a lovely soundtrack. We thoroughly enjoyed it.  For us it was better than Kenneth Brannagh’s previous one.

We'll probably go soon as I like AC stories but I've read the book and seen a previous movie of death on the nile so I know who done it 🙃

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I thought the trailer looked internet. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Now I would like to see it. I may wait till it come to pay per view with my knee rehab. Thank you for the review.

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I thought the trailer looked internet. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Now I would like to see it. I may wait till it come to pay per view with my knee rehab. Thank you for the review.

Greg, you may think differently but I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts either way down the track.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

After I finished checking in on my iPhone, it took hours for validating  our vaccination cards, but it’s done!

My big aggravating problem is my husband. 
His first photo had more of the kitchen behind than his face. The next three were practically up his nose because I said the first one was too far away. 
He refused to take another one, so he kind of looks like the thing that walks at night, or Freddy Krueger’s cousin. 
I guess it’s ok, because mine looks like I’ve been taking Sea Dog’s meds…an over abundance!

We dont upload our photos.  We wait till we are at check in counter and let them take our photo.  

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We'll probably go soon as I like AC stories but I've read the book and seen a previous movie of death on the nile so I know who done it 🙃

I read the book forever ago so I couldn’t compare.  Read a few reviews tonight from people annoyed that it wasn’t true to the book….

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I thought the trailer looked interesting. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Now I would like to see it. I may wait till it come to pay per view with my knee rehab. Thank you for the review.

I liked the trailer as well.

I made a point of showing it to Lisa and she poo pooed me about it. I thought she'd like the mystery about it, but no.  She likes the Handmaids Tale, but then again she likes the Bachelor too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4