Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

So true. I'm one of 4 children, yet it fell onto two of us to take care of my parents.

My wife is one of 5 children, yet it fell onto two to take care of her parents.

This was all years ago and most of the internal anger is gone now. And Yes, the absent siblings now regret not spending the time. They all had somewhat valid reason at the time but the main one is that they couldn't deal with the situation.

My father had a brother who lost his sight.His children had no interest in doing anything for him.My father and his sister did as well as me when I was older.

• Like 3

Binge Watching Alert  "Raising Dion"

My Wife and I are watching it, just got done watching the 1st season, so far there are 2 seasons. Might be worth a watch.

Anyone else here seen it?

Edited by Jimbo

Everyone who I know is rooting for the Bengals to win tonight.Somebody posted in the Floataway Lounge that they will win because this year is the year of the Tiger.

Therefore,my prediction of the final score is:

Rams 21

Bengals 17

My daughter who lives in Manhattan was in a Sports Bar last night and met Gus Johnson.He told her that he will be in one of the ads tonight.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That’s the one 😁 I thought it’s a “real” restaurant and not a fast food “outfit” but it suited us just fine and we really enjoyed it for a quick lunch.

Today it was a hard toss between one chain we like a lot, and 2 I’ve heard about here … In the end, for our “last meal” here, we went with the CCF — a known and well liked “quantity”. The others which didn’t make it are Joe’s Crab Shack and P.F. Chang’s.

While indulging in one hour of retail “therapy”, DH checked out the Lebanese restaurant recommended by Bob ( @bobmacliberty) and reported “too expensive…”.

Today we went to see The Palm, an man-made island visible even from space. DH checked out the prices of houses there, and seeing that they sell around 40 million $, decided to scoop the location firstly from above 😜😜😜😜

The view was amazing and as DH remarked in the end: “we’re spending quite a lot of time on roofs recently”…. 😁

Prince William shared his airplane window photo of Dubai. 
He’d better stick to his day job!

E44364E5-3E79-413C-B6C5-3EB6E493C929.jpeg

• Haha 7

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

As a Buffalonian, the authentic sauce recipe is Frank's RedHot sauce and melted butter.  Some places will toss in additional seasonings to give a unique taste, but I always stick with just Franks and butter alone.  For a mild sauce, use equal parts Franks and butter.  For more heat, add more Franks.  After cooking the wings naked, I put the wings and the sauce in a large zip lock bag and shake until the wings are fully coated.  I find that easier than using a mixing bowl.  Just toss the bag when done.

Using a Ziplock bag to coat anything is wonderful. Another reason to be glad I wasn’t born in the 19th century. 
I ❤️Buffalo wings and chunky blue cheese. They’re the only very hot food I can eat. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That's another show that many people told me I should watch.  It's on my watch list but there are like 5 or 6 "full" seasons, it'll take me awhile to get thru them.

It’s well worth watching.  I struggle with recommendations for tv shows with many seasons. I just don’t have the time to commit to them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The price is less important when you're traveling on business with an expense account. 😉

That’s so true. I guess it’s also a function of your per diem…. Hubby worked for a very skimpy company 😰

As for the fountain view, we’re a bit “blasé” — saw the one at Belagio many times and wanted to “preserve” the memory 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like Lizzy is a daddy's girl.

Yes she is and I don’t mind at all.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Adorable sweet puppy love😍    One thing we learned over the years with taking different pain meds is they tend to dehydrate you which doesn't help with bowel movements.       Drink lots of fluid and maybe try some ducolax if you are allowed to take.

Good advice. I’m actually amazed at how much I am peeing which I assume is from all the saline solution IV’s.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful in so many ways!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes she is and I don’t mind at all.

Good advice. I’m actually amazed at how much I am peeing which I assume is from all the saline solution IV’s.

Beautiful in so many ways!

Miralax is a good stool softener. You will want what it can do for you!

• Like 2

Wings were very good, did a batch of the hot sauce ones first...........Air Fryer, 360 degrees 12 minutes, then turn wings and another 12 minutes at 360 degrees and then into oven at 400 degrees, didn't seem to get the skin crispy enough so I put the broiler on for  about 6 minutes, finally got the wings crispy to my liking.

2nd batch   with the sweet red chili sauce

Air Fryer 12 minutes at 360 degrees, then turn wings over another 12 minutes at 360 degrees and then another 6 minutes at 390 degrees.

They came out Perfect, super crispy and no oven time needed.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/air-fryer-chicken-wings-5565422

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We love Goldens.  This makes me want to get another one so badly.   Must resist...need to travel.  

The house feels strangely quite now she's gone back to her mum and dad . 

I think if we were getting another dog I would go for an older dog,  pups are exhausting.

Our molly is so good, she absolutely understands everything we say. Her only weakness is she feels its her job to protect the house and barks at everyone who comes up the path or lingers too long outside the house

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would love to get another Weimaraner. The issue is you can't just look at today's circumstances but have to project 12-15 years down the road which is their typical life span. When I do that I just don't see myself being able to give a new dog the life that I would want to provide it.😔

We got talked into another pup by son and DIL five years ago.  The deal was that once we retired we would want to travel and they would have to co-parent. Of course then covid happened and Molly hasn't really been left for more than a few hours for the last two years . I do worry about travelling again and leaving her

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The house feels strangely quite now she's gone back to her mum and dad . 

I think if we were getting another dog I would go for an older dog,  pups are exhausting.

Our molly is so good, she absolutely understands everything we say. Her only weakness is she feels its her job to protect the house and barks at everyone who comes up the path or lingers too long outside the house

I feel your pain. Our dog is the same and he has a very loud bark.  With Covid leading up to Christmas last year, we had a lot of home deliveries.  DH who was WFH, would  hope that he would not be on a work call when a delivery person set foot on our property…..

• Haha 2

I can relate to those that provided care for their elderly parents, when there are other siblings that could have helped. 

We have been the sole providers for all our relatives parents, uncles and aunts. 
Although frustrating. We managed working full time. 
My parent moved in with us when my dad suffered heart issues. He died and my mom was able to be with us for 8 more years. 

The one time it came to a head was when my mom had a hypertensive crisis and ended up In intensive care. 
My eldest brother   comes hurriedly down the hall when I was speaking to her doctor, fist clenched. And starts screaming. ……..

” you never told me she could have died.  What are holding back!”

Now as I positioned  my broom  to fly off the handle I say calmly……

”Well she was fine when you called………let me see. Yes you called on Christmas and Easter”. 
If you were so concerned about her maybe you should have called more frequently.  

He stormed away.  The doctor said I don’t get involved in family matters but that was good. 

I know for those who provided care you are angels on earth. 

stay healthy 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, fabulous pictures.  Doesn't that look like Nassau's Atlantis Hotel in the background of the first picture?

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

I thought so too.

I did not notice it until y'all pointed it out.  It does look like the hotel.

• Like 4