Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

And I thought the game was kind of boring, and that the Bengals actually had more interesting plays

It was. Surely not one of the best I've ever seen. Rams got robbed on the Bengals' one play that led to a score. The receiver definitely grabbed the Rams' player's helmet, but it wasn't called. However,  the Bengals got robbed on the one holding call that led to one of (what..three?) consecutive 1st and goals towards the end. I didn't see any holding, nor did the commentators. 

Just...not a real good game. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We thought it was the worst half time show ever

I'm just not a fan of that music.

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never watch the half time shows because to me hip hop is not music and many of the performers belong somewhere other than on a stage.If you do not know what I am referring to just Google them.

So many of the half time shows were entertaining; Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry among others.  And let's not forget JLo and Shakira's adult half time performance 😉

This was the 1st total hip hop half time show.  I hope it's the last.

• Like 2

I liked the commercial with Scarlett Johansson and her husband Colin Jost , also Arnold commercial. All the playoff football games were close going down to last few minutes. Glad for Matthew Stafford after being stuck in Detroit with a lousy team for many years.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sue!     I hope you have a wonderful day and all your wishes come true 😍

Thank you Debbie, looking forward to a day at the beach and seeing family tonight 🥰

• Like 3

16 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thank you for the kind words, it’s very much appreciated.  It’s funny that the one time my sister visited a few months ago, my mom had chemo one of those days, so instead of coming and being supportive, she opted to just sit alone at my home and watch tv.  😏

Sorry you're having to cope alone with your mums medical problems.

We went through it with our mum, she was very fit for an 88 year old but had dementia for around 8 years. It's not easy and can be heartbreaking. As the only daughter I did most of the caring and visiting, though one brother did too. My reward was that she always knew me and my husband right to the end 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, fabulous pictures.  Doesn't that look like Nassau's Atlantis Hotel in the background of the first picture?

I think it is a branch of Atlantis. They have amazing water parks and rides. We went there three years ago  to the water park not the hotel.

There was a programme on TV about it recently 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Nice, Congrats. What you going to do with your winnings? anything special?

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Give it to RCI.

Probably book another cruise - Royal will get it one way or another😇  Dan is happy for me somewhere up above

• Like 17

19 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thank you for the kind words, it’s very much appreciated.  It’s funny that the one time my sister visited a few months ago, my mom had chemo one of those days, so instead of coming and being supportive, she opted to just sit alone at my home and watch tv.  😏

Lucas

Don't get disheartened by this behavior. Different people have different ways to "cope" with situations. Perhaps she is not strong enough to show support, or is in denial and does not want to acknowledge that things are never permanent . Many people feel the need to be alone to filter their thoughts. The TV wathcing is just a cover up. You go on doing what you have been doing. But don't write her out. She is a connection to your mother. You are a good person and you don't need to be bad because you think someone else is not caring enough, or your Cruise Critic advisors are telling you to show her the door to a hotel or what ever. No, you are too good of a person to stoop there. Wish you the best.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Probably book another cruise - Royal will get it one way or another😇  Dan is happy for me somewhere up above

BTW, I just wanted to say that I am glad you have found a way to move forward and continue to enjoy cruising even though it may be a bit different for you now than in the past.🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1