Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

It is very springlike here now. There was a western bluebird in the bird house for a while this morning taking measurements. (I guess :classic_biggrin:) Hopefully they will decide to move in. It is hard to believe it was in the 30's late last week. 

Backyard2.JPG

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is very springlike here now. There was a western bluebird in the bird house for a while this morning taking measurements. (I guess :classic_biggrin:) Hopefully they will decide to move in. It is hard to believe it was in the 30's late last week. 

Backyard2.JPG

Lovely photo.  First day of autumn for us today.  Looking forward to the autumn colours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

This house diagonal from us just went on the market. (1.4 million) it is a flip that was purchased in November. Since we are redoing our kitchen, I was interested in the interior. We are having the shaker style cabinets and drawers, and I noticed that they chose a different color for some. It looks nice, but our kitchen is not large enough to make it work. I have also seen some that chose gray for the lower cabinets. 

Cabinets.jpg

If I decide to go with a different color on the island, it will most likely be a light gray.  I don’t like a lot of contrast and we already have a couple of black accent pieces.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great Idea Deb!     I like the cabinets and granite you have now but you are right they are too far from the stove/sink/workspaces.     

When you remove the existing cabinets/granite, if you do not have any use for them you can sell on FB marketplace or even donate to somewhere like Habitat for Humanity Restore (they pick up donations in my area).     

Yes, I’ll try FB Marketplace but hadn’t thought of Restore as a backup. Thanks for the suggestion! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It’s dark & twisted but the lead actresses Jodie Comer & Sandra Oh are so good.

I've never seen it but people told me I would love it. 

It's somewhat in the same vein as Dexter, right? 

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Jimbo I saw your question on another thread about the size of a kitchen island.  I didn’t want to hijack that thread but figured I could do it in this one since pretty much anything goes here lol.  We too have been planning to replace a kitchen island.  The existing one is oddly shaped and placed too far away from the stove & sink. My idea is to also do 2 sets of cabinets, back to back, creating a large rectangle.  I worried how I’d feel about the loss of the open space (even though it doesn’t function well as is) and just seeing it on paper didn’t help me visualize it.  My solution, as you can see in the photos, was to lay out blue painters tape so I could get a “feel” for where the new island would be. It’s helped tremendously and now I’m sure I’m going to love it.  Now I just need to decide on the base cabinet pieces I want and get everything ordered.  DH will do the work with the exception of granite install.  

B65B1041-07F1-4AFA-AD01-B321553460C8.jpeg

02998084-8422-4DA3-B29B-8344EAF94FAC.jpeg

Ours is a little harder to visualize because our current island is only 26" x 52".  We are having a wall to be taken  down so the island will be placed toward that current wall where range and refridgerator are currently located at. Behind the wall is a great room, so we have plenty of room for this island, just not sure how large we want it.

Also in the great room we are going to put brick veneer on the fireplace,  and fill in the area where previous owners had a tube tv in over the fireplace.

Here is the fireplace, I took off all the old stone work myself. Waiting on quotes for the brick veneer work. Trying to find brick veneer that looks like our outside of house brick.

Will take pictures of kitchen tomorrow when it is light out to show the area.

20210330_093256.jpg

20220226_111721.jpg

20220220_132323.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

Bush wacker is back, a few months late but the weather is perfect for his visit. 

0248CD8B-8196-4B03-8057-7D14E59288D8.thumb.jpeg.3e46409d3616650c58dd976ba1126747.jpeg

He also has a new weapon. A bigger excavator and mulcher. 

73FCB294-0C55-4CAB-B483-3AB9AA695CB2.thumb.jpeg.faf794cae2d1a706b8246d86da9bea9f.jpeg

8D523116-9112-461E-80E5-8BC91EA4ED4D.thumb.jpeg.d272bc1389d137f3a1d6ca6e44425ed3.jpeg

A little video.  Could totally see this being used in a Walking Dead episode or the new CSI. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ours is a little harder to visualize because our current island is only 26" x 52".  We are having a wall to be taken  down so the island will be placed toward that current wall where range and refridgerator are currently located at. Behind the wall is a great room, so we have plenty of room for this island, just not sure how large we want it.

Also in the great room we are going to put brick veneer on the fireplace,  and fill in the area where previous owners had a tube tv in over the fireplace.

Here is the fireplace, I took off all the old stone work myself. Waiting on quotes for the brick veneer work. Trying to find brick veneer that looks like our outside of house brick.

Will take pictures of kitchen tomorrow when it is light out to show the area.

20210330_093256.jpg

20220226_111721.jpg

20220220_132323.jpg

I have seen some beautiful fireplaces on HGTV done in tile.  So many options.

In 2019 we redid our family room and we white washed our red brick fireplace and installed a new floating wood mantel I bought on etsy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have seen some beautiful fireplaces on HGTV done in tile.  So many options.

In 2019 we redid our family room and we white washed our red brick fireplace and installed a new floating wood mantel I bought on etsy.

This is our painted fireplace, which was done by the person who flipped this house.  It’s the same beigey grey as the walls.  We just repainted the fireplace doors antique gold.  Don’t mind all the junk on my coffee table lol. 

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the Sketchup suggestion, I’m pretty sure Andy could figure it out. He designed our new deck on the Lowe’s website using their planning software.  I don’t know if it’s even related but he also used autocad to design office space before he retired.  He says it was the task he enjoyed the most in his career, with contract negotiations being his least favorite. 
This could be really helpful because I’ve toyed with possibly a different cabinet color for the island.  

If he knows AutoCad, he'll have no problem with Sketchup.  Very similar software with AutoCad being the more "professional" version, although Sketchup has a lot of 3rd parties that have developed extensions/plugins that give it a lot of power.  I used it for some woodworking projects and one such extension allows you to design your project digitally and then create cut lists for lumber.  

• Thanks 1

You want some real life Below Deck type of drama, watch this video below from channel I follow. There was also an interesting story on another video, about Putin’s private vessel which was quickly pulled from a German shipyard a few weeks ago before work was completed.  It’s AIS was shut down once it got to Russia. 

Good thing Captain Lee isn’t on this ship, I could only imagine the words from his mouth. 😮

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3