Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So show us his picture! There are several Survivor friends here!

Several years ago I was a victim on on line identity theft.The person committed a crime pretending to be me.It was really bad until he was caught and arrested.The FBI officer working with me told me never to post any pictures of family members on line.As much as I would like to share pictures with everyone I am fearful to do so.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

She is fine,Thanks,Mimi.She did not drive for 3 weeks.However,she is back driving again .Only local at first bu last week I had an appointment with my Neurologist which is several highways and she was fine.

Strong lady! I’m glad she got back in the saddle!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Several years ago I was a victim on on line identity theft.The person committed a crime pretending to be me.It was really bad until he was caught and arrested.The FBI officer working with me told me never to post any pictures of family members on line.As much as I would like to share pictures with everyone I am fearful to do so.

I think I figured it out…former Ranger…bald. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hopefully this will be the last snow of the season. A good 3-4” in the last 24 hours. Charlie and Lizzie would rather chase each other and play keep away than do their business while Linda stands out there in the freezing cold. I’m going to owe her big time for taking the dogs out for the past 4 weeks. She did manage to capture some video of their shenanigans.

Very cool video, we were supposed to get some sleet and snow which is extremely rare for Dallas in March but just had a cold day we will be back in the 70’s in a couple of days. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Ok, it could only happen to me.

So did anyone ever have an allergic reaction to "Whiskey"

Well, not the drinkable kind.

So for Christmas I received a gift bottle of body wash from Bath and Beyond, it is the  store with the blue and white checkered logo.

So after a hard day (yea hard for me, I am retired) I leisurely jump in the shower and use this new shower gel " Sweet Whiskey" after which I would jump under the soft sheets and go nightie night.

We are really not drinkers (except on cruises with drink package), and I thought it would be enough to let me fall fast asleep.

It smelled sooo nice and I truly enjoyed the shower.

Put the jammies on and jumped into bed waiting to visions of sugar plums danced in my head, as I just settled down to a long winters.............

When under the covers  to my surprise.........................I sprang from the bed to see what was a matter.

Away to the light switch I flipped it up so fast.........When what to my wondering eyes should appear.

A body rash, hives, welts and reddened areas on my face, chest, and body areas that are to sensitive to mention here.

Damn, is was itchy, and looked like I had Chicken Pox.

Well, the nurse that I was immediately took Benadryl, and got out the Calamine spray and Cortisone cream and went to town, placing it on every nook and cranny.  I looked like the pink Easter Peep.

I do not know which came first, the resolution of the itching or the welts going down, but I was fortunate to have relief from tearing up my skin with my nails in a few  min.

Was able to fall asleep and when I woke up besides finding pink bed linen, my skin had a mild rash with a few raised areas.

It took almost 5 days to disappear  completely.

Now I still have one other "whiskey gel" unopened product.

Maybe if on the Bella Cruise I will bring it if we have a gift exchange.  (not). The happy dumpster is getting it.

What a scare.

So, now I go back to my simple old fashioned Dove.

Like I said, growing up we were always told to "watch your Whiskey"

Guess I should have headed that warning.

Take care

Don't trash it! 

You can take it to the store and exchange it for something else, even without the receipt!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have others also been having a lot of trouble posting? I'm only about 20 pages behind and I haven't been reading in about 4 days. Usually after 4 days there would be a lot more posts.

Lots of people cruising right now, so it cuts down on their posts here, I think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hopefully this will be the last snow of the season. A good 3-4” in the last 24 hours. Charlie and Lizzie would rather chase each other and play keep away than do their business while Linda stands out there in the freezing cold. I’m going to owe her big time for taking the dogs out for the past 4 weeks. She did manage to capture some video of their shenanigans.

8CC119D4-B52D-4D2F-B30D-D7E861DB4915.MOV 137.26 MB · 7 downloads  

Sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Beautiful day in Sydney.  Blue skies today and warm evening tonight.

28EC3966-832F-4F3D-A317-D20165B6E1D2.thumb.jpeg.fc81b8d8121f704ca5d6859fd0ec3904.jpeg

2B77E520-9683-4652-9B81-3DB6C42F2746.thumb.jpeg.d951dcb73feff1a55107886acbbb3bf9.jpeg

0D013FB3-77C2-4492-BFB5-0A0C183D490A.thumb.jpeg.fea9b6019153db042d951eba6f68aa59.jpeg

Having a staycation at the Vibe Hotel in Darling Harbour.  Listening to some lovely acoustic guitar music while waiting for the 9pm fireworks.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 15

18 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful day in Sydney.  Blue skies today and warm evening tonight.

So glad that the weather is better and you get a much needed respite from the "wet". And now there are spaces between the pictures too 😁 😘

@Sea Dog

Those puppies are so adorable, and beautiful too. Hoping that the potty "training" will be over not a minute too soon....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

After the fireworks, headed back to the hotel for cocktails by the rooftop pool. Started with a p@rnstar martini.27328252-306D-4D96-90AA-CACF7CFC21E0.thumb.jpeg.36ed9b9e59156acef6a80345c26cc7d8.jpeg

4D7CB0BC-A454-4D9F-A64E-D5265F722E3B.thumb.jpeg.4ab763087b6fd915e640b8fd205510d6.jpeg

7C94C9B0-7087-40F1-9255-B44F5DA11828.thumb.jpeg.de8303c148ae28f1c6aa689ec58a4538.jpeg

01EA53D6-4C9D-424A-ABD2-08F5020763B7.thumb.jpeg.f8e1d44e90ef058dd422190be5e5e2d0.jpeg

79C40EFA-1ECC-4A6C-B11F-15FDD11D0589.thumb.jpeg.8aeca1f1252bd1fa06896e1cf5f66431.jpeg

Looks like there is no-one at the fireworks but it was packed.  We had lunch in the  city before checking into hotel and it is noticeably  busy again.  Rooftop pool is adjacent to rooftop bar.  We had the pool to ourselves for photos then it got busy.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

My walk today was from

Darling Harbour around the waters edge to Pyrmont.  It was in the late afternoon and I passed several groups  waiting to board various charter vessels and several groups of drunken brides-to-be  & bridesmaids out celebrating their hens night and a several nice waterfront parks like this one.

80523998-617F-4B6E-83D7-8C6B115CBC6A.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 6

This is Cinnamon.  Kubota was his brother.  His personality is completely different from his brother.  Cinnamon is the bold one, the hunter and the tree climber (when we had a tree in the cat pen).  We were having work done on our house when they were babies and they were staying with my parents.  My parents had moving into a condo in an independent living community.  Without my parents knowing Cinnamon had gotten into Dad's office and pulled the call bell.  Pretty soon here comes security and assorted helpers to see what was the emergency.  Dad thought it was very funny, Mom was not amused.  

Cinnamon.thumb.jpeg.25a06fa2cc19fce3e2dcd22ec423ee64.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 10

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I couldn’t tell, but is it spinning out corn?  I think it might get squirrel approved as well. 😁

Yes, turn up your speakers louder and you can hear and see it  spitting  out corn if you look closely ..........It's only on for  like 4 seconds and spits out 1 pound of  corn, does that twice a day for 2 lbs daily............You can set it longer if need be.

Been buying corn from Rural King, but have to find a local farmer somewhere selling it cheaper. As it is set now it would be 60 pounds of corn a month.

might have to go an hour south into North Carolina or an Hour south toward TN to get farmers corn since most of the farms around here are either just grass grown for hay(feed) and Pumpkin growers, This seems to be the Pumpkin capital of the South.

Don't see many squirrels here at all and only a few rabbits. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5