Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

After over 2 years we have finally made a final payment for a cruise! Aug 5th Oasis out of Bayonne. We have been reading and enjoying all the current live threads.

We are also on that Oasis sailing.

FCCs from previous cancelled sailings.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yes, I remember.  We were supposed to be on the same cruise with you and were very much looking forward to meeting you.

Maybe we should of planned an Hawaii trip with y’all.  I just saw a thread on frozen drinks.  I bet one would be more enjoyable on a beach in Hawaii than in Alaska. 😂 Hope the next time we book the same cruise it doesn’t get canceled.  Enjoy Hawaii and keep the pics coming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

After over 2 years we have finally made a final payment for a cruise! Aug 5th Oasis out of Bayonne. We have been reading and enjoying all the current live threads.

Congratulations!     That looks like a nice itinerary.    Have you sailed on Oasis?

The best tip I can offer for embarking out of Cape Liberty is show up at your check in time to avoid having to stand in long lines outside.      Far too many people show up way too early then the area becomes a zoo.     If your check in time is 12:30/1:00 pm - show up at 12:30 and walk right up to the front door (don't stand in the long line that tends to wrap around the building), show your sea pass and in you go.    

I am booked for the 7 night sailing on Oasis 8.28 and cannot wait to check out Oasis.    The only Oasis class ship we have sailed on is Allure.     I am enjoying Benny's live review with all the photos.     I have already picked out my new favorite spot on Oasis (the new area in front of the solarium looks perfect).  

• Like 2

The area in front of Solarium is great.  The whole ship is really in good shape.  The staterooms could have used an upgrade but they were still okay.  The Oasis, as I have said many times, is my favorite especially since it was upgraded.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I know someone else who was at the game last night.

They like it all except for the final score. 

It definitely was one of the most intense and exciting games I've attended in the last 10 years, maybe longer. I give the Rangers credit for hanging in there as long as they did. A lot of young players with little or no playoff experience have been playing above their heads all season long.   Disappointing ending, for sure, but they gave it the good fight.

Hoping this level of excitement continues. I have tickets to game 5, next Wednesday. 🙂   ***fingers crossed there is a game 5 ***

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hoping this level of excitement continues. I have tickets to game 5, next Wednesday. 🙂   ***fingers crossed there is a game 5 ***

You will be there.  I feel this will be a long series. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have already picked out my new favorite spot on Oasis (the new area in front of the solarium looks perfect).  

I took a look at the front solarium area.  That is really nice.  I wonder if they will consider opening up other ships.  

• Like 1

Since we are talking a little about hockey, going to games was one of the things I really enjoyed doing with my son when he was young.  Even when he was away in college, we would go on his breaks. 

A few years ago, I got a DVD set of the 10 best games in Penguin history, and I was surprised that we had been to six of those ten. 

The one I thought was the best was what was known as Mario’s comeback game. There was a lot of speculation on when he would make the comeback, but I had bought the tickets based on my son’s Christmas schedule.  It was just dumb luck that the game turned out to be THE ONE, and I could have sold the tickets for ten times what I paid. 

Anyhow, his old room is now decorated with some memorabilia from some of those games. 

Game program and ticket from Mario’s comeback game

78E64113-862F-4A56-9174-4264FE3F43D4.thumb.jpeg.d03e32bdc519cbbc0133e1cab611c16a.jpeg

DVD of the game 

8A94282A-D910-49DF-A28D-D38991585FCE.thumb.jpeg.8b5f9cb1a7b7bad9077d04c587119d42.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Completely agree.  The Bionic Bar seems like a waste of space on every ship.  I understand why they do it though...it makes for good marketing in their commercials, showing how "innovative" they are.  And brand new cruisers all seem to want to try it.  I've never met anyone who has done it more than once.  I would much rather have a Champagne Bar with a real, good, bartender.  

I agree total waste of space for a gimmick. Give me the Champagne Bar or. a Tiki Bar

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Greg, the skin on my replaced knee and on up my thigh 4 or 5 inches was numb for several years. Felt odd when I touched them because it was like touching someone else’s knee. 
Then one day I realized it wasn’t numb any more. Didn’t notice when it stopped. 

My physical therapy told me of a patient who said that it was 5 years after surgery they got all their feeling back. I just hope it comes back at some point.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nerves regenerate, if they do at all, very slowly.

Thats what my surgeon a said. He said some but couldn’t guarantee all.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree total waste of space for a gimmick. Give me the Champagne Bar or. a Tiki Bar

The only time the Bionic Bar was busy on Oasis was on boarding day. All the new cruisers were trying it out. 

I never tried it, and don’t plan to. 

• Like 3

We booked Mariner for October.  It has 2 sea days and stops at CoCo Cay and Labadee. It’s our first 5 day, and second cruise from PC.  The ship has one wave, and many specialty dinning choices. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We booked Mariner for October.  It has 2 sea days and stops at CoCo Cay and Labadee. It’s our first 5 day, and second cruise from PC.  The ship has one wave, and many specialty dinning choices. 

We're doing the 8 day to Bermuda in October.

Doing 4/5 in December. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, h20skibum said:

…I have been watching the series The Americans on Prime.  I don’t recall anyone mentioning it on here, but maybe because it is an older series.  I have about three and a half seasons to go on it.

We watched it when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I just wished they would have done another season or two.

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to hear that you've run into some difficulties. I hope you are feeling better soon. I usually am ready to get back to work after a week at sea but I am really missing the ship and ship  board life.

Thanks, pretty much back to normal. After I had lunch I walked the track a couple of times. Wasn’t sure if it would bother my back so I only did a couple laps. All was fine.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

so sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling better.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you feel better soon😃

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I do too!

Thanks everyone. It was really painful, but was much better the next day.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If I remember correctly this will be your first cruise to Bermuda ?

Yes, Laura has been, but I haven’t. 

2 sets of neighbors, and a ton of past sailing friends are joining us. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A few years ago, I got a DVD set of the 10 best games in Penguin history, and I was surprised that we had been to six of those ten. 

The one I thought was the best was what was known as Mario’s comeback game. There was a lot of speculation on when he would make the comeback, but I had bought the tickets based on my son’s Christmas schedule.  It was just dumb luck that the game turned out to be THE ONE, and I could have sold the tickets for ten times what I paid. 

That is so awesome!  

Mario is a true class act,  amazing level of play while battling several health issues and using his deferred salary to save the Pittsburgh Penguins from bankruptcy.  Never hears a bad word about him.

• Like 4