Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

My covid cabin.

20220510_091746.thumb.jpg.cb3535afdb5f291ef98a579782b99061.jpg

So does that mean the phone is hazardous waste also?

20220510_091412.thumb.jpg.50df6f10e6d1639da1c9a40e5077aa35.jpg

20220510_090947.thumb.jpg.47429d02e4d4abe62fe54064a6d7e5f3.jpg

Watching Virgin trying to come in. It's a bit rough outside. This is the first time that I have seen the Virgin ship in the same port.

20220510_090237.thumb.jpg.ec0fba4e41bb5ac24ef758cc903e1efd.jpg

Case of water waiting. 

20220510_090217.thumb.jpg.744b0f18ad27d3898e49c97d5d8ec89b.jpg

It’s nice and thoughtful that they provided a case of water.  I am glad you are at least able to see outside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

My covid cabin.

20220510_091746.thumb.jpg.cb3535afdb5f291ef98a579782b99061.jpg

So does that mean the phone is hazardous waste also?

20220510_091412.thumb.jpg.50df6f10e6d1639da1c9a40e5077aa35.jpg

20220510_090947.thumb.jpg.47429d02e4d4abe62fe54064a6d7e5f3.jpg

Watching Virgin trying to come in. It's a bit rough outside. This is the first time that I have seen the Virgin ship in the same port.

20220510_090237.thumb.jpg.ec0fba4e41bb5ac24ef758cc903e1efd.jpg

Case of water waiting. 

20220510_090217.thumb.jpg.744b0f18ad27d3898e49c97d5d8ec89b.jpg

I love that you have an orchid plant with you.    Is that tile or fake wood floor?    Looks decent.   You have a great attitude with all of this and again, hope you feel better soon.   Your kitty will be happy to see when you get home Saturday

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ll be doing my walk of covid shame tomorrow. Tested positive and will be moved to a covid room about 8:00 in the morning.

Let me echo everyone else by saying I hope your symptoms remain mild.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I got it on the ship since I have been on the last 3 weeks. Last week I didn’t get off the ship. Originally I thought they were testing b2b cruisers like they had been doing. I didn’t read the paper very carefully since I thought it was the same old thing. They are only testing unvaccinated and I think it said something else. I didn’t really pay attention at that point. I was just thinking I needed to cancel my appt. I think they still should be testing b2b at least I might have tested positive even though I didn’t have any symptoms. Why not test b2b if they are still making people test within 2 days of their cruise?

Now it seems it would be great to still be testing B2B cruisers, this way if you were positive between sailings you could have got off the ship and quarantine at home and get your $$ back for the cruise you are not going to take with no questions asked, Full refund, instead of being in a quarantine cabin on a cruise ship.

So I think B2B cruisers should insist on getting testing rather then take the risk of being positive day 2 or 3.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

They should give people balcony cabins , wonder how many never report Covid when they have minor symptoms. 

They should let people stay in the cabin they have.  We won't be cruising but if we did it would be with a large quantity of OTC drugs and would not go to medical unless it was dire.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like tomorrow will be good day to plant your veggies.   

Got 12 Zucchini , 12 Bell Peppers, 24 Tomato Plants planted in my Garden...........Corn Seeds should be here tomorrow. I still want to pick up some Egg Plants and some other kind of (Hot) or (Banana) Peppers

Should be good with temps from here on out.

Low tonight is 42 degrees after that the next 14 days the low gets no lower then 50 degrees. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

I invited a woman who posts on CC ,mainly in the Floataway Lounge to join us here

I have been posting to her for a few years.She is very nice and lives in the same area of NY as Marietta.Her screen name is Mrs.H.

Hopefully she will come.I told her that everyone who posts here is very nice..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I want to share some good news.My Parkinsons Therapist told me that there is something that he believes would be very helpful to me .It is a combination Wheelchair and Walker,It is manufactured solely for people who have Parkinson’s Disease.I told him that I would be interested in getting one.He sent in an application to the manufacturer.My doctors told me they will gladly send in the required paperwork.If I am able to get one I would have to go through a trainining period as it has all kinds of electronic gadgets .My Therapist said he would bring it to my house and work with me until I am able to maneuver it on my own.

I should know by the end of May or early June.

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I want to share some good news.My Parkinsons Therapist told me that there is something that he believes would be very helpful to me .It is a combination Wheelchair and Walker,It is manufactured solely for people who have Parkinson’s Disease.I told him that I would be interested in getting one.He sent in an application to the manufacturer.My doctors told me they will gladly send in the required paperwork.If I am able to get one I would have to go through a trainining period as it has all kinds of electronic gadgets .My Therapist said he would bring it to my house and work with me until I am able to maneuver it on my own.

Happy for you Lenny!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I invited a woman who posts on CC ,mainly in the Floataway Lounge to join us here

I have been posting to her for a few years.She is very nice and lives in the same area of NY as Marietta.Her screen name is Mrs.H.

I know a Mrs. H!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

They should let people stay in the cabin they have.  We won't be cruising but if we did it would be with a large quantity of OTC drugs and would not go to medical unless it was dire.

Maybe they don't let people stay in their own cabin so that there is more time to clean and get it ready for the people who have it the following week? Imagine showing up for your cruise and being told you can't have the cabin you have booked because coved infected people just moved out.

Of course, I am only speculating.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I mentioned her to you awhile ago .She is a very nice woman.Even though she is younger than me we both hung out at some of the same places in Brooklyn but not at the same time.

Did she work in the public schools?  I remember now you mentioned her, I don’t think she is my Mrs. H but I hope she joins us.

I wish you luck getting the approval for your new chair🤞

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe they don't let people stay in their own cabin so that there is more time to clean and get it ready for the people who have it the following week? Imagine showing up for your cruise and being told you can't have the cabin you have booked because coved infected people just moved out.

I did read a while ago that they did allow someone in a suite to stay there , and some ships had Covid cabin that had balconies, most likely from celebrity board . I would have hated going from a royal suite to a cabin without a balcony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Did she work in the public schools?  I remember now you mentioned her, I don’t think she is my Mrs. H but I hope she joins us.

I wish you luck getting the approval for your new chair🤞

I don’t know where she worked .Her late husband grew up in an area that I also hung out in .I hope that I can get the chair /Walker .If I cannot I have another option .A friend of mine who does not have Parkinsons but has Spinal Stenosis which I also have and he got a Walker which has helped him greatly.There is only one supplier in LI that has them in stock.I called them and explained my situation and the Manager told me that right now they have several in the store and he will hold one for 30 days .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Got 12 Zucchini , 12 Bell Peppers, 24 Tomato Plants planted in my Garden...........Corn Seeds should be here tomorrow. I still want to pick up some Egg Plants and some other kind of (Hot) or (Banana) Peppers

Should be good with temps from here on out.

Low tonight is 42 degrees after that the next 14 days the low gets no lower then 50 degrees. 🙂

Excellent.   I always enjoy watching everything grow.

I planted black beauty eggplant and one called Long something, I have to look it up.

Always love sweet banana peppers, jalapeños are always nice to have.  If you like heat go for hiberneros 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank makes sense.  I think they also want people all in the same area instead of scattered throughout the ship.   No way to control from someone leaving their cabin if scattered on various decks.   Also makes easier for the crew delivering food, etc to the quarantine area.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That sounds great!   I hope you are able to get this chair🤩

30 minutes ago, George C said:

I did read a while ago that they did allow someone in a suite to stay there , and some ships had Covid cabin that had balconies, most likely from celebrity board . I would have hated going from a royal suite to a cabin without a balcony.

Earlier this year when omicron was blowing up a lot of people on various ships were able to stay in existing cabin or moved to a balcony that was another makeshift covid ward since their quarantine area was full. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you for the invite. 

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent.   I always enjoy watching everything grow.

I planted black beauty eggplant and one called Long something, I have to look it up.

Always love sweet banana peppers, jalapeños are always nice to have.  If you like heat go for hiberneros 

Have you ever had peppers cross pollinate?   I haven't  but I was talking to someone that had a bell and jalapeno growing close and some bell got some heat.  I got my peppers mixed up when I planted.  I  thought I can figure it out when they mature.  I think there is only 3 or 4 jalapeno plants.

• Like 1