Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Not fun to be sick.. especially on a cruise you paid alot of money on...guess that is the chance you take now when getting on a ship...I think it might be best to book the cheapest cabin on the ship just because of this if you just must cruise during these covid times.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ll be doing my walk of covid shame tomorrow. Tested positive and will be moved to a covid room about 8:00 in the morning.

Rumor is that several people tested positive on Allure last week and more testing positive when they got home.  Since Mike just joined you on Sunday Hopefully he remains negative.   Take care and hopefully symptoms remain mild.  😍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, George C said:

I am not religious but I consider mixing cognac with anything a sin .

I agree with you. The only reason I wanted to try it in an espresso martini is that Remy Martin had it on their website.

https://www.remymartin.com/en-us/cocktail-recipe/remy-espresso/

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ll be doing my walk of covid shame tomorrow. Tested positive and will be moved to a covid room about 8:00 in the morning.

I'm so sorry Renee that you got Covid. I hope your symptoms are mild and that Mike doesn't get it. Hang in there.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have arthritis in my hips and previously had a torn cartilage in my right knee so I suspect arthritis.

The pain is on the inside of both knees and worse in the morning after sleeping on my side and Knees rubbing together during sleep.

Doctor said he will see what the x-ray shows and will possibly give  steroid injections in my Knees.

Graham, I sleep with a soft pillow between my knees. Don’t even have to adjust it when I turn over. 
It has helped so much with my knees hurting because of being stuck together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no!.

I hope you are feeling okay.

Thanks Graham.

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Don't say it like that. It's not your fault that it is so contagious. I'm just sorry you can't spend the cruise with Mike. And I hope it is not too boring in the cabin. It really would be nicer if you were already at home and feeling crappy. I feel very sorry for you. 

Mike will get to experience his first “solo” cruise. 😄 I’m ok with how things have happened. It is what it is that I’m sick. So far just cold symptoms. Hoping it stays that way.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So sorry, Renee. Get well soon 😘

Thanks Dani.

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Oh no!  So sorry to hear this.  Hope your symptoms are mild.

Thanks, I’m also hoping the symptoms stay mild.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

+1

Thanks Mark.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh no. Very sorry to read this. How are you feeling? Does Mike know already?

So far just like cold symptoms. He was supposed to be tested about an hour ago but I haven’t heard back from him. I’m hoping he doesn’t get it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. There were to many for me to keep quoting but I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not fun to be sick.. especially on a cruise you paid alot of money on...guess that is the chance you take now when getting on a ship...I think it might be best to book the cheapest cabin on the ship just because of this if you just must cruise during these covid times.

I knew it was a possibility but I guess I was surprised that I now tested positive since I have been able to avoid it so far.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I hate that for you. I hope you have a mild case and recover quickly.

• Like 3

So this is what happened yesterday. I started having cold symptoms in the afternoon. I was very tired so I decided to take a nap and deal with it later. Woke up and took the home test kit that I had with me and tested positive. I immediately start packing because I read that they don’t give you very much time to pack. After I was almost finished packing I called medical and told them that I tested positive. They sent someone to test me and it took about an hour for the results to come back. Still positive. They said guest services would call. It took them over an hour to call to explain stuff. I already knew most of what was going to happen because of the info on here. 

This was my plan after I had symptoms.

Self test and if positive start packing and then notify medical.

Self test and if negative don’t bother packing but still let medical know I had cold symptoms. The self test could have had a false negative. If I then tested positive I would then start throwing stuff in my luggage.

By the time it was all said and done last night they said it was to late to move me and that it would happen at 8:00 am. Ordered breakfast to be delivered between 7:00 - 7:30. That was Mike’s idea. I wanted it between 7:30 - 8:00. I can eat fast if I needed to. They called at 6:45 and were at the door in about 2 minutes. I guess they didn’t get the memo that I didn’t even want to order it for that early so calling even 15 minutes ahead of time was a big no no. 🤣 Just kidding. At that point I just wanted to be moved and be done with it.

I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t have a walk of shame. They let me down. There were no people dressed in the white coveralls with face shields and no fogging behind me. I missed all the fan fare. There was a guy from housekeeping dressed in his usual work clothes. He carried my luggage while I carried some other stuff. 

We went into a crew area and took the elevator down to deck 2. Got off and got right back on a different one and went to deck 3. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was a little confused but whatever. He then turned me over to another employee who was dressed in the white coveralls with a hoodie. All the crew have been wearing masks since the restart. My room wasn’t ready yet so we waited in the hall and talked. He thanked me for letting them know I was sick. The dr that called and guest services also thanked me. I’m guessing it’s rare that people will fess up about their symptoms. 

Anyway, so suited up guy and I talk in the hallway. He said most people in the covid cabins were crew since they are always being tested. I’m on deck 3 in an ocean view room. Room is like others but I did notice there is no bed skirt and no blankets, etc underneath the bed. There also isn’t any carpet. I’m guessing this was done since these are covid rooms. I have free internet and free movies on tv. I haven’t looked to see what is showing. And so it begins. I have 4 days left on this cruise. Mike can order room service or go and get food, but he must eat in the cabin. He will also get tested daily.

• Like 14

I know I got it on the ship since I have been on the last 3 weeks. Last week I didn’t get off the ship. Originally I thought they were testing b2b cruisers like they had been doing. I didn’t read the paper very carefully since I thought it was the same old thing. They are only testing unvaccinated and I think it said something else. I didn’t really pay attention at that point. I was just thinking I needed to cancel my appt. I think they still should be testing b2b at least I might have tested positive even though I didn’t have any symptoms. Why not test b2b if they are still making people test within 2 days of their cruise?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 9

My covid cabin.

20220510_091746.thumb.jpg.cb3535afdb5f291ef98a579782b99061.jpg

So does that mean the phone is hazardous waste also?

20220510_091412.thumb.jpg.50df6f10e6d1639da1c9a40e5077aa35.jpg

20220510_090947.thumb.jpg.47429d02e4d4abe62fe54064a6d7e5f3.jpg

Watching Virgin trying to come in. It's a bit rough outside. This is the first time that I have seen the Virgin ship in the same port.

20220510_090237.thumb.jpg.ec0fba4e41bb5ac24ef758cc903e1efd.jpg

Case of water waiting. 

20220510_090217.thumb.jpg.744b0f18ad27d3898e49c97d5d8ec89b.jpg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

My covid cabin.

Not related to your issue, but, that cabin makes me think that the OV cabins have alternating locations of the bed (by the bath or window) like balcony cabins do?

Enjoy the free PPV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Not related to your issue, but, that cabin makes me think that the OV cabins have alternating locations of the bed (by the bath or window) like balcony cabins do?

Enjoy the free PPV.

Yes they do and so to insides along the main passageways. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So this is what happened yesterday. I started having cold symptoms in the afternoon. I was very tired so I decided to take a nap and deal with it later. Woke up and took the home test kit that I had with me and tested positive. I immediately start packing because I read that they don’t give you very much time to pack. After I was almost finished packing I called medical and told them that I tested positive. They sent someone to test me and it took about an hour for the results to come back. Still positive. They said guest services would call. It took them over an hour to call to explain stuff. I already knew most of what was going to happen because of the info on here. 

This was my plan after I had symptoms.

Self test and if positive start packing and then notify medical.

Self test and if negative don’t bother packing but still let medical know I had cold symptoms. The self test could have had a false negative. If I then tested positive I would then start throwing stuff in my luggage.

By the time it was all said and done last night they said it was to late to move me and that it would happen at 8:00 am. Ordered breakfast to be delivered between 7:00 - 7:30. That was Mike’s idea. I wanted it between 7:30 - 8:00. I can eat fast if I needed to. They called at 6:45 and were at the door in about 2 minutes. I guess they didn’t get the memo that I didn’t even want to order it for that early so calling even 15 minutes ahead of time was a big no no. 🤣 Just kidding. At that point I just wanted to be moved and be done with it.

I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t have a walk of shame. They let me down. There were no people dressed in the white coveralls with face shields and no fogging behind me. I missed all the fan fare. There was a guy from housekeeping dressed in his usual work clothes. He carried my luggage while I carried some other stuff. 

We went into a crew area and took the elevator down to deck 2. Got off and got right back on a different one and went to deck 3. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was a little confused but whatever. He then turned me over to another employee who was dressed in the white coveralls with a hoodie. All the crew have been wearing masks since the restart. My room wasn’t ready yet so we waited in the hall and talked. He thanked me for letting them know I was sick. The dr that called and guest services also thanked me. I’m guessing it’s rare that people will fess up about their symptoms. 

Anyway, so suited up guy and I talk in the hallway. He said most people in the covid cabins were crew since they are always being tested. I’m on deck 3 in an ocean view room. Room is like others but I did notice there is no bed skirt and no blankets, etc underneath the bed. There also isn’t any carpet. I’m guessing this was done since these are covid rooms. I have free internet and free movies on tv. I haven’t looked to see what is showing. And so it begins. I have 4 days left on this cruise. Mike can order room service or go and get food, but he must eat in the cabin. He will also get tested daily.

I hope your symptoms remain mild.  Please keep us posted with how it’s going. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes they do and so to insides along the main passageways. 

I don't recall anyone ever asking for the bed location on those - I guess the obsession is only with balcony cabins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oh no, Renee!  I'm so sorry to hear this.☹️  I hope that you are at least asymptomatic.  Is Mike with you?

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

My covid cabin.

20220510_091746.thumb.jpg.cb3535afdb5f291ef98a579782b99061.jpg

So does that mean the phone is hazardous waste also?

20220510_091412.thumb.jpg.50df6f10e6d1639da1c9a40e5077aa35.jpg

20220510_090947.thumb.jpg.47429d02e4d4abe62fe54064a6d7e5f3.jpg

Watching Virgin trying to come in. It's a bit rough outside. This is the first time that I have seen the Virgin ship in the same port.

20220510_090237.thumb.jpg.ec0fba4e41bb5ac24ef758cc903e1efd.jpg

Case of water waiting. 

20220510_090217.thumb.jpg.744b0f18ad27d3898e49c97d5d8ec89b.jpg

Interesting flooring. 

Seen any soup containers yet?

Have you requested a tea kettle?

Is Mike still in your old cabin

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Graham.

Mike will get to experience his first “solo” cruise. 😄 I’m ok with how things have happened. It is what it is that I’m sick. So far just cold symptoms. Hoping it stays that way.

Thanks Dani.

Thanks, I’m also hoping the symptoms stay mild.

Thanks Mark.

So far just like cold symptoms. He was supposed to be tested about an hour ago but I haven’t heard back from him. I’m hoping he doesn’t get it.

They should give people balcony cabins , wonder how many never report Covid when they have minor symptoms. 

• Like 4