Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

Hi Debbie.  Nice to meet you.  Funny, my late husband called me Sunshine.  
I have two cats. TWINS!  11 y/o as of April 1st.  Ned Mulligan and LuLu Delilah.

Nice to see another cat person here , we have two 15 year olds Joebob and Gracie.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not related to your issue, but, that cabin makes me think that the OV cabins have alternating locations of the bed (by the bath or window) like balcony cabins do?

Enjoy the free PPV.

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes they do and so to insides along the main passageways. 

Thanks for answering because I had no idea.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope your symptoms remain mild.  Please keep us posted with how it’s going. 

Thanks so far doing ok.

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Oh no! Get well soon! Hope you're not feeling too crappy.

Thanks, it feels like a cold.

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no, Renee!  I'm so sorry to hear this.☹️  I hope that you are at least asymptomatic.  Is Mike with you?

No it was the symptoms that made me test myself and then had medical verify it.

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting flooring. 

Seen any soup containers yet?

Have you requested a tea kettle?

Is Mike still in your old cabin

I was thinking of ordering some soup and see if I get the coffee cups. I’ll be upset if I don’t. 😆 Mike is still in the old cabin. Hoping he stays there and continues to test negative.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

They should give people balcony cabins , wonder how many never report Covid when they have minor symptoms. 

I was thanked by 3 different people for letting them know I had tested positive and the contacted medical. I have a feeling the only ones that go are really sick. 

7 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

So sorry, Renee...... Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s nice and thoughtful that they provided a case of water.  I am glad you are at least able to see outside.

I’m definitely trying to drink as much as I can. It’s nice to have some outside light since I can’t leave the room.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love that you have an orchid plant with you.    Is that tile or fake wood floor?    Looks decent.   You have a great attitude with all of this and again, hope you feel better soon.   Your kitty will be happy to see when you get home Saturday

I think it’s the fake wood stuff. Definable missing my babies.

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Let me echo everyone else by saying I hope your symptoms remain mild.  

Thanks so far they are mild like having a cold. I also hope they don’t get worse.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Now it seems it would be great to still be testing B2B cruisers, this way if you were positive between sailings you could have got off the ship and quarantine at home and get your $$ back for the cruise you are not going to take with no questions asked, Full refund, instead of being in a quarantine cabin on a cruise ship.

So I think B2B cruisers should insist on getting testing rather then take the risk of being positive day 2 or 3.

We will get a pro-rated refund.

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

They should let people stay in the cabin they have.  We won't be cruising but if we did it would be with a large quantity of OTC drugs and would not go to medical unless it was dire.

This adds to it spreading.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank makes sense.  I think they also want people all in the same area instead of scattered throughout the ship.   No way to control from someone leaving their cabin if scattered on various decks.   Also makes easier for the crew delivering food, etc to the quarantine area.  

It does make it easier having everyone in one area. Medical also comes by and takes your temperature and sticks the oxygen reader on your finger. Most of the covid people down here are crew if not all.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We just finished packing.  First time we both have two full size suitecases packed.  Lord willing and the Covid don’t rise we will know tomorrow morning how excited we are.  The live reviews have been good.  My excitement went up when I heard there is an ice cream machine on Ovation.  Might be a one time visit.

Here is hoping for negative tests and good weather for your Alaska cruise.  Look forward to hearing about your trip.  Ovation Alaska was one of our canceled 2020 trips, and I haven’t got back to rebooking one to Alaska. 

My sister-in-law and her husband are on Ovation in July.  Will be interesting to hear a first time cruiser’s take on it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Graham,

Any good results from the X-rays? 🤞

I had several x-rays done on both knees but the radiographers could not give me any results and I will have to wait 10- 14 days for the doctors report.

It is 50F and raining here this afternoon.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And after you are finished reading them there will be a test.. 

This is an interesting idea.  We could create a bunch of questions like what is Greg's favorite rum?  What is Graham's niece's name? What is Dani's husband's hobby?  What is Crystal's favorite vacation place?  Makes me want to re-read the first few pages of this thread to see what we said. 😁

And welcome Debbie.  I'm Bob.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I had several x-rays done on both knees but the radiographers could not give me any results and I will have to wait 10- 14 days for the doctors report.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

This is just an idea for in the meantime.  It has worked for me and a few other people but not for everyone.  I have arthritis in my knees and my hands.  Now I take Celebrex and it helps my knees.  Before I had that prescription I got relief using rosemary oil.  Just rub a little in.  I still use it when I have been knitting all day and my hands start hurting.  I have also used Voltaren gel but I find the oil works better.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I want to share some good news.My Parkinsons Therapist told me that there is something that he believes would be very helpful to me .It is a combination Wheelchair and Walker,It is manufactured solely for people who have Parkinson’s Disease.I told him that I would be interested in getting one.He sent in an application to the manufacturer.My doctors told me they will gladly send in the required paperwork.If I am able to get one I would have to go through a trainining period as it has all kinds of electronic gadgets .My Therapist said he would bring it to my house and work with me until I am able to maneuver it on my own.

I should know by the end of May or early June.

Great news, Lenny.  That would give you so much freedom to get around, so you could start enjoying life more!❤️

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I mentioned her to you awhile ago .She is a very nice woman.Even though she is younger than me we both hung out at some of the same places in Brooklyn but not at the same time.

What places in Brooklyn?  I spent many a weekend at my girlfriends house and went to  a place  or two in Bay Ridge.

12 hours ago, George C said:

I did read a while ago that they did allow someone in a suite to stay there , and some ships had Covid cabin that had balconies, most likely from celebrity board . I would have hated going from a royal suite to a cabin without a balcony.

I believe you're talking about Jimlain's experience on his TA to England.  They had a Suite that they were permitted to stay in after testing Positive.

• Like 4

@Mrs.H

Welcome to one of the most friendliest, diversified, worldwide threads on CC.

When you get to know us you will see that we all share our unique different day to day experiences.

As a group we have shared, great milestones to the other side of the spectrum----- events that have brought us closer together.

If I mention names of some of the participants I would do this site injustice because all of us bring our individuality to this site.  And knowing me I would forget someone and then I would be mad at  myself.

Our topics vary, and we go with the flow.

You will see that the context can range from posting of great pictures, to "how to do" different things, to just plain chit chat.

But, what I like most about us  is a kind group of posters.

I mean if they can tolerate me, well, 

Looking forward to your post.

By the way....................

I'm Sue.  (The story teller, aka rambling on and on and on).

Take care............................

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We just finished packing.  First time we both have two full size suitecases packed.  Lord willing and the Covid don’t rise we will know tomorrow morning how excited we are.  The live reviews have been good.  My excitement went up when I heard there is an ice cream machine on Ovation.  Might be a one time visit.

We always have two full size suit cases packed😜  I am excited for you and Sharon!  I had never been interested in taking an Alaskan Cruise before, but after seeing the amazing pictures, and reading so many wonderful comments on CC, I must say, it has given me a desire to visit Alaska!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

I'm sorry that you have such a long wait to hear the results of the doctors report, Graham!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is an interesting idea.  We could create a bunch of questions like what is Greg's favorite rum?  What is Graham's niece's name? What is Dani's husband's hobby?  What is Crystal's favorite vacation place?  Makes me want to re-read the first few pages of this thread to see what we said. 😁

Bob, I would fail miserably if given that test.  I have no memory!  🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Still blustery and chilly here.

We are getting our front stoop totally redone.  I have to decide on whether to have brick (which is what we have, but needs to be replaced) or limestone.  I'm getting ready to walk down my block and look at several houses here that have limestone to help me make my decision.  Jim said it's totally up to me.  Such pressure!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Woke up at 3 am today, and started gathering the last of my clothes to pack in our brand new suitcases.  I know I mentioned about one of the old ones being damaged when they moved it from our cabin on Allure to the terminal, and I filed a claim with the insurance from Royal.  Two months later, and the claim status still looks like this.

F2AE87D0-1C1A-445C-9B8A-7B178C3DE640.thumb.png.01a8695bae9262e34a99779d96d7bc2a.png

I emailed them once, and a month ago, they said it should take 21 business days to process.  On my agenda is to call them today.

Speaking of suitcases, we ordered the new hard side ones from Amazon.  They said one would be delivered within a few days of ordering, and the second one was delayed, and we would get it in about a month.  Well, both were delivered within a day of each other, but Amazon kept telling us that one was delayed.  Then they said if it isn’t here by the first of May, they will issue a refund.  So Susan contacts Amazon and tells them we received the suitcase in March, and tells them there is something wrong with their system, we received both cases.  A couple days later, they give us a refund for the phantom suitcase.  

Now I am waiting for my alarm to go off to remind me it is time to check in for our flight to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning.  It is hard to get out of the habit of booking flights two days in advance now.  Just hoping we have some negative tests to go along with us.

This trip is an 8 day Allure to Labadee, Aruba, and Curaçao.  Looking forward to meeting Sue and Rick on this cruise, that is, if they get negative tests too.

I have a fall cruise narrowed down to three possibles, but have to go over them with my dear wife when she gets back today.  Something to book onboard.

• Like 14

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I want to share some good news.My Parkinsons Therapist told me that there is something that he believes would be very helpful to me .It is a combination Wheelchair and Walker,It is manufactured solely for people who have Parkinson’s Disease.I told him that I would be interested in getting one.He sent in an application to the manufacturer.My doctors told me they will gladly send in the required paperwork.If I am able to get one I would have to go through a trainining period as it has all kinds of electronic gadgets .My Therapist said he would bring it to my house and work with me until I am able to maneuver it on my own.

I should know by the end of May or early June.

I hope it happens. The gift of mobility would be priceless!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This trip is an 8 day Allure to Labadee, Aruba, and Curaçao.  Looking forward to meeting Sue and Rick on this cruise, that is, if they get negative tests too.

I have a fall cruise narrowed down to three possibles, but have to go over them with my dear wife when she gets back today.  Something to book onboard.

Have a great cruise. Any plans for the ports?

Sue and Rick too, have a wonderful cruise.

And all of you, stay safe.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Thank you for the invite. 

Welcome to the group.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This rather be back home on land, rather stuck in a small cabin on a cruise ship when I'm feeling bad.

I’d also rather be back home but I knew there was a possibility that it could happen. After about 102 days on ships since September I’m feeling pretty good about it. Glad this isn’t a long TA or TP cruise.

• Like 5