Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I just love the Champagne Bar. It’s got the class and intimacy that I love. I like that fact it’s smaller and usually less crowded than other bars. Plus it usually has some of the top shelf liquors including Louis XIII.

And it is because of exactly what you describe that the bartenders in there are more able to tailor their concoctions to the customer. Replacing that with a robot is a huge loss for many of us.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

So you bring someone into your house? Or take to theirs?  

I have a wonderful neighbor who comes and hangs out inside watching TV, watering my flowers and garden and spends time with my 2 cats either inside or outside.   We have a fence but Sparky jumps the 6' fence and goes to visit her at her house or hang out at my other neighbors pool.   We have the best neighbors😀

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bars with live music are fun but it is also nice to have a bar where you can sit and talk without having to strain to hear and be heard.

I agree.  I usually enjoy the pubs but they get too noisy, same for the promenade/schooner bar that is way too loud on Oasis.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, George C said:

Bars like there pubs and schooner and jazz club doesn’t play the music that loud , you can sit away from the music and can sit at the bar ( other than jazz club since it doesn’t have a bar ) . 

I have found the pubs on the various Royal Promenades to be uncomfortable for having a conversation.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 10:00 AM, Sea Dog said:

I’m weird when it comes to pie. While I’ll eat a fruit pie if I have to I’d much rather have a chocolate pie or even better a French silk pie. I love chocolate.

Yum, key lime is a great pie.

On 9/5/2022 at 6:50 AM, dani negreanu said:

Just received a new pic of Lichy, my "step-cat" 😘

image.thumb.jpeg.bafee6e107a2754a4861f8055a2da3af.jpeg

Beautiful kitty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:23 PM, dani negreanu said:

To all our Canadian friends,

So very sad and sorry about the latest tragedy.

I had to Google because I haven’t been watching any news. Very, very sad. 

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sounds like you are having a great time!  It's fun meeting and chatting with new people.   Keep the fun going.

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you're having a great time.  I love meeting people in bars. It always seems to generate interesting conversation. 

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm am so happy you are having a great time. I agree it's fun to meet new people. I like being social.

Have a great time. Drink one for me, cheers!

Thanks, it is fun meeting others and it sure beats drinking in a bar by myself. Tonight I took it easy. Had 2 Midori and Sprite Zero drinks and got 3 diet Cokes for the room. Didn’t go to a bar and was in the room by 8:15. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, derorim said:

Last night one of the buds on our Night Blooming Cereus decided it was time to open.  The cereus is a member of the cactus family, and produces intensely fragrant flowers that open after dark and last only one night.

This is what the bud looked like yesterday morning.

20220905_153447.thumb.jpg.c4d17659cd790e67f5ee800946c6ecdd.jpg

Throughout the day, the bud began to swell into a puffy, rounded shape, and around 9 PM it started to open.  After about an hour, it transformed into this beauty.  I love the inside of the flower, it reminds me of a fairy garden.

20220905_220804.thumb.jpg.9fafd9f0b5fe046fff1ef2616eefc809.jpg

There are two unopened buds remaining.  I am thinking of setting up the SLR and having it take time lapse photos, and then producing a video from them.  I need to read the camera's instruction manual again to figure that out.  One of those "if you don't use it you lose it" things.

That’s a beautiful flower.

11 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Understand the sentiment, but I must say I'm always happy to get back home after a trip! Always feel guilty putting pets in a kennel for one thing. 

I do have mixed feeling about it. Sad to get off, but always very happy to see my fur babies. I always miss them. We have someone that comes in every day to look after them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 When I started reading this I thought I was reading my response.   Seems like we enjoy the same thing.   It's going to be easy to meet up if we ever cruise the same ship.  

I can only imagine the stories that are going to come out from our joint Allure cruise in January.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD is currently at the brand new Allianz Stadium in Sydney watching a friendly women’s soccer game between Canada and our Australian team, The Matilda’s.E7BB0800-7C80-482B-A81D-25AE3E444231.thumb.jpeg.905cd11ae96a3626401268bf614fc062.jpeg

DH is watching the same game live on tv.  DS, who landed in Sydney from Vancouver first thing this morning, couldn’t quite manage to stay awake for it, but he lasted until 7.30pm which was pretty good considering he got no sleep on the flight.

I was reading yesterday that Qantas are operating a non stop flight from Sydney to London .  Over 20 hours non stop ,  amazing 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I was reading yesterday that Qantas are operating a non stop flight from Sydney to London .  Over 20 hours non stop ,  amazing 

Yes it is.  DD is pricing flights to London for next June.  Not referring to the non-stop, just in general.  She is shocked at the prices.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments about our new grandson. He's doing really well, gained already on his birth weight and only waking up once during the night for feed.

They are very relaxed and are coping very well. 

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yes it is.  DD is pricing flights to London for next June.  Not referring to the non-stop, just in general.  She is shocked at the prices.

High I presume? 

I think there's a lot of pent up demand after covid, especially with families leaving in different continents.  My friends at Emirates say the Australian flights are very busy 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Actually got up this morning to see the sunrise. Only did it for y'all 🥴  Definitely no pretty pictures like others post.

I will take that view any day.  We haven’t even seen the sun here for the last 4 days.

Today’s forecast looks promising though. 

4033D571-FAD7-4FF3-8435-F4B1FAEFF2FC.thumb.png.eb414d9a5168307023b27e2a10e37baa.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Greetings from Voyager OTS.

58CB64BA-3A49-4A36-8FF7-E3CC0EED1524.jpeg

Now that's a pretty picture. Where are you at? We are in Aruba today.

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We appreciate your sacrifice.

I was also able to get in a walk before we docked. It's so hot with no  breeze when docked. Walking and sailing is much better for me with a breeze. So that was a plus.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Definitely no pretty pictures like others post.

Definitely looks pretty to me. 

49 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Greetings from Voyager OTS.

981901BF-996A-4B38-9A07-968E3BC8067A.jpeg

Today's winner!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1