Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I've seen it, but I find myself having to look away sometimes at the sights.  Same with Dr. Pimple Popper.  A new season of Outdaughtered is coming up.  Can't wait for that one.

My SIL, the zombie fan, winces even more at Dr Pimple Popper. I’ve been watching here on YT long before her TV show. 

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I could have posted this on the comedy thread, but since the weather is cold in our daily lives I thought this would be better posted here. 

I'm in Dallas and it's so cold here too. I need a warm vacation lol.

Freezing rain, the pile up in ft worth was over 130 cars. Many other accidents. I just went out to check my mail, below freezing which is so cold for us. We dont get back over freezing for more than a week. 8 degrees by Tues, maybe 3 inches of snow on sunday.

I'm thinking why would I want to retire here, I need some sand and sun, both. Its freezing. No fun to get out and walk. Nothing here like dani shows pictures of. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25°F this morning.

I had to clear snow and ice off the car before we could go out.

We had to go to the bank so afterwards we called at McDonald's drive through.

We got a spicy veg wrap, chicken wrap, cartoon of fries and a coffee then drove a mile to a local beach car park to eat the McDonald's then go for a bit exercise.

On the home we called into our local supermarket to get stocked up with food.

IMG_20210212_112204.jpg

• Like 4

Got my second shot!  🙂 

Not as organized as the first one.  Four weeks ago we arrived at drive through appointment with county health department with two lanes open, no cars in either one,  and a lot of bored health care workers standing around.  Was in and out of there (including 15 minute observation wait time) in just over 20 minutes.  

This time: 

Yesterday we arrived 30 minutes prior to our 3:30 appointment, to find two lines of cars down the road before you could even enter the driveway.  Picked a lane (ended up being the worst lane) and watched 20-25 cars in other lane creep slowly up while we mostly moved a couple of feet every 5 minutes in our lane.  Not sure what was going on up there with the head of our lane and why so backed up and slow.

By the time we got up there for our shot it was 45 minutes later.  County fireman were helping to give the injections, they were great!  With me getting the shot on drivers side, then Bucky on passenger side...I heard one of them ask our tech how many doses he had left...he replied "just one"!   Which he gave to Bucky on the other side.  They then shut that lane down and directed the rest to other lane, which only had 8-10 cars in it by that time.  They were totally shut down by 4:15.  We got lucky. 

Side effect this morning:  I have very sore arm and some aches, Bucky has much more aches...but neither of us are having much problem.  Bucky out washing my SUV right now...good boy!!  🙂 

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

Got my second shot!  🙂 

Not as organized as the first one.  Four weeks ago we arrived at drive through appointment with county health department with two lanes open, no cars in either one,  and a lot of bored health care workers standing around.  Was in and out of there (including 15 minute observation wait time) in just over 20 minutes.  

This time: 

Yesterday we arrived 30 minutes prior to our 3:30 appointment, to find two lines of cars down the road before you could even enter the driveway.  Picked a lane (ended up being the worst lane) and watched 20-25 cars in other lane creep slowly up while we mostly moved a couple of feet every 5 minutes in our lane.  Not sure what was going on up there with the head of our lane and why so backed up and slow.

By the time we got up there for our shot it was 45 minutes later.  County fireman were helping to give the injections, they were great!  With me getting the shot on drivers side, then Bucky on passenger side...I heard one of them ask our tech how many doses he had left...he replied "just one"!   Which he gave to Bucky on the other side.  They then shut that lane down and directed the rest to other lane, which only had 8-10 cars in it by that time.  They were totally shut down by 4:15.  We got lucky. 

Side effect this morning:  I have very sore arm and some aches, Bucky has much more aches...but neither of us are having much problem.  Bucky out washing my SUV right now...good boy!!  🙂 

Congrats on both of you getting your 2nd shot.  Happy to hear you both feel ok, too!   I always seem to pick the wrong lane, too.   Good thing you arrived 30 minutes early.

• Like 3

I went for my 2nd covid test yesterday.  5 days after Eric coming home last saturday.  I'm feeling much better than last week. 

His Mother, my horrible Mil I previously spoke about, is in hospital with Covid.  No idea where she was at to get it.  They told Eric yesterday she is very sick.  

My Bil that was in hospital and rehab for 2 months due to covid went back into hospital the other day.  They are saying he has liver damage and found internal bleeding.   They are saying all covid related since he had a severe case of covid.  Ugghh!  They gave him a blood transfusion and some other treatment but he didnt really know what it was.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I went for my 2nd covid test yesterday.  5 days after Eric coming home last saturday.  I'm feeling much better than last week. 

His Mother, my horrible Mil I previously spoke about, is in hospital with Covid.  No idea where she was at to get it.  They told Eric yesterday she is very sick.  

My Bil that was in hospital and rehab for 2 months due to covid went back into hospital the other day.  They are saying he has liver damage and found internal bleeding.   They are saying all covid related since he had a severe case of covid.  Ugghh!  They gave him a blood transfusion and some other treatment but he didnt really know what it was.

I hope your second test is negative Debbie.

Sorry to hear about your BIL.

I hope Eric is okay.

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Hopefully she might be more pleasant to you in future.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Bil that was in hospital and rehab for 2 months due to covid went back into hospital the other day.  They are saying he has liver damage and found internal bleeding.   They are saying all covid related since he had a severe case of covid.  Ugghh! 

🤞 for your BIL full and speedy recovery. This Covid is so nasty, comes back again, seems it doesn't want to give up 😢.

That's the benefit of vaccination - even if you get it, it is very mild. As of now, we have millions vaccinated with the 2nd dose, and the results are amazing, even better than what Pfizer published, reaching up to 98%.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congrats on both of you getting your 2nd shot.  Happy to hear you both feel ok, too!   I always seem to pick the wrong lane, too.   Good thing you arrived 30 minutes early.

Well...spoke too soon.  It hit Bucky now after getting too rowdy too soon this morning with washing the SUV, then deep cleaning the grill, and misc. other chores this morning.  He is down for a nap, going zombie, and being "grouchy bear" as he does when he does not feel well.  He is achy all over like the flu now.  

Me, that sore arm has crept up into my neck and down both arms and my back, plus the mild headache.  Still...makes us realize the vaccine is now active and working.  Much better than what would happen if we got full on Covid 19!!  😮 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear about your family...and your MIL.  Don't want to wish that on anyone.  At least, since you have not been seeing her...she can't blame it on you.  😉 Very...very sad about your BIL.  😞 

Happy to hear you are feeling better.  Hopefully the worst is over.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

🤞 for your BIL full and speedy recovery. This Covid is so nasty, comes back again, seems it doesn't want to give up 😢.

That's the benefit of vaccination - even if you get it, it is very mild. As of now, we have millions vaccinated with the 2nd dose, and the results are amazing, even better than what Pfizer published, reaching up to 98%.

That is great news!  🤗

We got Moderna...hopefully will enjoy close to the same results as Pfizer.  

• Like 4

Just now, island lady said:

We got Moderna...hopefully will enjoy close to the same results as Pfizer. 

I certainly hope so too.

Take it easy for a day or two, it seems that the "side effects" after the 2nd dose (either Moderna or Pfizer) are more "in display".  DH was affect more than me, same "flu like" symptoms for a day after the 2nd dose.

"They" say side effects are a good sign 😉

• Like 1