Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I paid for a luxury all inclusive 30 day RC fly cruise and stay around Australia and New Zealand for them for their 60th birthdays.

They then decided to fall out with the family so I didn't even get a birthday card for my 60th off them 4 years ago.

Oh my, not good.  That was a very nice and generous gift you gave them.   Do you speak with them now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I paid for a luxury all inclusive 30 day RC fly cruise and stay around Australia and New Zealand for them for their 60th birthdays.

They then decided to fall out with the family so I didn't even get a birthday card for my 60th off them 4 years ago.

Utterly beyond belief 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Happy Anniversary you love birds!!  💘

Thanks Pat. It’s been a great 34 years.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Anniversary,youngster

Thanks Len (is it Len or Lenny?). We may be a little bit younger than you, but I wished we were still youngsters. 😃

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 34th wedding anniversary today Renee.

Thanks Graham. Best 34 years of my life.

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy anniversary, Renee and Mike 🌷

Thanks Dani. Sure would have liked to have an anniversary cruise, but will have to wait. 😥

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That’s horrible of them. They don’t deserve you and Pauline. Sounds like you are better off without them. Y’all sound like better “parents” to Sarah than they were.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Curious, Why do they say turn heat down to 68?

Dallas is not used to temperatures like this. High today of 17. They keep saying near blizzard conditions after 6 pm  but hard to believe. Right now we still have lazy snow flakes drifting down that haven't covered the grass yet.

Why George C above is cancelling his dinner reservations for tonight, in case the forecast is right. 

By tuesday morning we should be down to 3 degrees at dfw, colder in the burbs. Told us to stay home until tuesday.

Still not much snow sticking...forecast varies 3 to 6, 4 to 6, 4 to 8 inches of snow starting at 6 pm. 

Houston about 3 1/2 hours south of me supposed to freeze tonight too. They are really not used to it. Our power grid will be stretched. They dont want us to do laundry peak hours, try not to use heavy use appliances. Etc

20210214_131604.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Pat. It’s been a great 34 years.

Thanks Len (is it Len or Lenny?). We may be a little bit younger than you, but I wished we were still youngsters. 😃

Thanks Graham. Best 34 years of my life.

Thanks Dani. Sure would have liked to have an anniversary cruise, but will have to wait. 😥

Renee ,you are a lot younger than my wife and I.We were married 54 years,last month.Len or Lenny,no real preference.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same from me also. Hope Lisa has a great birthday.

Happy Valentine’s Day to all. Today is our 34th anniversary. 🥰

Thanks from Lisa and congrats to you on your anniversary. Great day for one. 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my, not good.  That was a very nice and generous gift you gave them.   Do you speak with them now?

No.

We have lived next door to each other for 38 years.

Our late family dog Domino used to run free around both our back garden's.

Our garages are about 3 feet apart with the shared alleyway between our detached properties.

Picture 009.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

We have lived next door to each other for 38 years.

Our late family dog Domino used to run free around both our back garden's.

Our garages are about 3 feet apart with the shared alleyway between our detached properties.

Picture 009.jpg

That is truly a shame and sad to hear.  I just dont understand why some people are like that.   Looks like a cute dog.  Like the name, Domino.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s horrible of them. They don’t deserve you and Pauline. Sounds like you are better off without them. Y’all sound like better “parents” to Sarah than they were.

Thank you.

This was us with Sarah in Spain January 2020

Screenshot_20210214_121747_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

I love dogs, but I prefer to keep them in their "own" house. Keeping animals at home is not a thing that I like. I dont mind taking it inside when its super cold or when the dog itself wants to be around people inside home, but Id rather keep it in its  own little house in the backyard

42 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t think I ever saw snow when I was living in Dallas, granted this was about 40 years ago.

Pretty rare , I moved here in 1982 , our average temperature this time of the year is mid 50’s. Will remain below freezing until Friday. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dallas is not used to temperatures like this. High today of 17. They keep saying near blizzard conditions after 6 pm  but hard to believe. Right now we still have lazy snow flakes drifting down that haven't covered the grass yet.

Why George C above is cancelling his dinner reservations for tonight, in case the forecast is right. 

By tuesday morning we should be down to 3 degrees at dfw, colder in the burbs. Told us to stay home until tuesday.

Still not much snow sticking...forecast varies 3 to 6, 4 to 6, 4 to 8 inches of snow starting at 6 pm. 

Houston about 3 1/2 hours south of me supposed to freeze tonight too. They are really not used to it. Our power grid will be stretched. They dont want us to do laundry peak hours, try not to use heavy use appliances. Etc

20210214_131604.jpg

Do they tell you this conserve power during heatwaves too?   

I just find it odd as it is not something we hear here in PA during snowstorms and deep freezes.   We are told during heatwaves to try to do laundry in evening or early mornings, etc but not during winter storms.