Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, that was a dull reunion.

Next week is Sailing Yacht. Hopefully it will be better.

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree, not good at all.  Elizabeth is so clueless.

Those "zoom" reunions just don't work as well as when everyone is in the same room. Andy also seems somewhat off his game at keeping things moving along and fired up. Heck, with James the best Andy could hit him with was his eyebrows? And I agree, Elizabeth is clueless on many different levels but seems really good at portraying her self as the bullied victim.

I was ready for the show to end so I could go to bed.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those "zoom" reunions just don't work as well as when everyone is in the same room. Andy also seems somewhat off his game at keeping things moving along and fired up. Heck, with James the best Andy could hit him with was his eyebrows? And I agree, Elizabeth is clueless on many different levels but seems really good at portraying her self as the bullied victim.

I was ready for the show to end so I could go to bed.

Glad to see you here.  I thought for a bit you were playing a little too much Monopoly. 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thanks! Funny. My dad called me late last night from Georgia because he found a mavic air 2 plus an extra battery practically brand new for $650 on marketplace.  He told me he was just trying to make me jealous. HA!  (i'm hoping this means he'll sell me his mini 2 for cheap cheap 🤣🤣) He goes to look at it tonight. Funnier thing is he didn't know that I was posting my mini 1 with the thought of upgrading.

Hows your house hunting going?

3 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ughhh the market is so hot right now to be doing this from out of town 😞  My cousin and her fiance are willing to go look at houses for us, but by the time they can get there there's already an offer in.

it's insane!

we ARE getting ready to list our house here though. We came back to new carpets that look amazing and the tile in the guest bathroom got installed yesterday; however, when the carpet guys installed, they scraped up the finish on the banisters so now we have to have that fixed. OY. We just need to get the baseboards repainted and banister fixed and we're good to go.

My realtor takes movies on his phone and uploads them so you can write a contract. Write in a inspection period which let's you walk. I was ok with doing it long distance with the movie showing items close up.

Well once you sell there you might be more ready?

A stock channel earlier said house prices up over the whole nation over 10% so you should also get more from selling. Austin texas is forecast to be the hottest market in 2021. At least it's not florida?

Good luck. Share if you find some interesting properties. I love to look.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie was in Korea during the Vietnam War in 1966-67.  We didn’t realize for awhile how lucky he was not to go to Vietnam.  He said one week a group of them would go to Vietnam and the next week a group would go to Korea.

Same thing happened to my BIL.  It was tough on all them.  Bucky hears the phrase "the forgotten war"...don't hear about Korea as much.  

Just really glad both our guys made it back.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I LOVE ruebens.  On the rare occasion I make them I use marbled bread and slather on 1000 island dressing.

Our favorite restaurant here uses that bread as well.  Could be why I have become a new found fan of the sandwiches now.  🙂 

18 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I butter the outside of the bread slices.

350 F oven. Bake 20 min, flip and bake about 15 min.

Works for any kind of "grilled" sandwich when you don't want all that grease. And you can control the portion size easier.

Thanks!!  Yummss!  😋

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Tell Bucky he needs to purchase a summer cabin up here in Canada.  We support gardeners. 😉

LOL!  We spend the summers in Maine...they support gardeners also!  😉  As did Alaska when we were up there for the month of August.  😄 

We are actually shopping for a summer cabin/cottage in Maine when we go up there first of June.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Same thing happened to my BIL.  It was tough on all them.  Bucky hears the phrase "the forgotten war"...don't hear about Korea as much.  

Just really glad both our guys made it back.  

You are so right!  Korea and Vietnam were not considered wars, I think they were “conflicts”. It is so sad what our Vietnam vets had to endure on their return.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Retired in 2014 at 62 years old. Total of 39 years 5 months and 3 days (who's counting) working for the DoD as a civilian, CSRS. Enjoying every minute of retirement as you and Bucky are. 🍷

Bucky retired at 58, I wanted to work until I was 55.  He was "house husband" for a year, and got stressed out observing how stressful my career was...and it was getting worse.  We had no time off for vacation, and could not even use the new motor home we had just bought.  He finally told me "Enough is enough...you are done, I don't have anyone to play with".  

That was it...did not take much arm twisting.  So...my new retirement age became 54.  😉 

Indeed best thing I ever did.  We absolutely adore retirement.  Of course this last year was nothing like we had planned, but at least...we have a comfy home and community to "lock down" into.  😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

You are so right!  Korea and Vietnam were not considered wars, I think they were “conflicts”. It is so sad what our Vietnam vets had to endure on their return.

Yes indeed it was.  Very disgraceful how they were treated when they returned.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Do check with your county tax office.  It is my understanding all states offer some type of property tax exemption for a vet with at least a 10% service connected disability. Also the expanded base privileges. 

An additional note:  AAFES (that's the Army and Air Force Exchange Service) extended online shopping privileges to all honorably-discharged veterans (effective November 2017).  Since Exchange purchases are tax free, and they offer free shipping for orders over $49, it can be a big benefit.  I can provide the URL if it's allowed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not disagreeing with but when you're in the 'nam it was definitely a war. Because the Vietnam war was so damn political, congress wouldn't issue a declaration of war on North Vietnam and called it a conflict. I'll get off my soap box now.  ☮️ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not disagreeing with but when you're in the 'nam it was definitely a war. Because the Vietnam war was so damn political, congress wouldn't issue a declaration of war on North Vietnam and called it a conflict. I'll get off my soap box now.  ☮️ 

"Police Action" is another term that downplays the wars. Makes it sound like troops are over there giving out speeding tickets. (Credit goes to the TV show M*A*S*H for that line)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

An additional note:  AAFES (that's the Army and Air Force Exchange Service) extended online shopping privileges to all honorably-discharged veterans (effective November 2017).  Since Exchange purchases are tax free, and they offer free shipping for orders over $49, it can be a big benefit.  I can provide the URL if it's allowed.

I'm reregistered but haven't shopped. I don't see why the URL wouldn't be allowed. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Austin texas is forecast to be the hottest market in 2021

Makes sense. Austin already has the cool "keep it weird" hipster vibe that attracts young, trendy people and a lively music/entertainment  scene that is second to none.  Business friendly enviroment is luring more than a few high tech firms, along with well-paid employees. Might be a good time to invest in some rental properties in Austin 

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Makes sense. Austin already has the cool "keep it weird" hipster vibe that attracts young, trendy people and a lively music/entertainment  scene that is second to none.  Business friendly enviroment is luring more than a few high tech firms, along with well-paid employees. Might be a good time to invest in some rental properties in Austin 

Well let us know how you make out. 

I'm wanting some warm beach and ocean in florida. I'm with singalot, its proven a little harder than I expected, but hope I get to close. I think you can almost throw a dart right now and find properties forecast to go up at least 10% in the next year, hard to go far wrong.

After all the politics of the freeze this past week, looking for a place warmer in the winter lol. Everyone filing against ERCOT and they say sorry we cant be sued or it might affect the power for the state. Who knows. I was wondering last week if Tesla was rethinking their move to austin. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

That's OK Dave....plenty of soap available for that box.  Total agreement here.  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, in our community there are buyers fighting each other for each home that goes up for sale here.  In community real estate office has lists of buyers lined up, keeping an eagle eye and ear to the ground if one even hints they are about to list.  

The section that has just concrete pads, "studios" and storage sheds that are in a different area, take longer to sell (cash buying only) but they are selling as well.  Sure don't see a lot of moving vans in here often.  😉 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yes indeed it was.  Very disgraceful how they were treated when they returned.  

Dan got drafted and was also between Korea and Vietnam which basically left him out from getting any benefits.  He is signed up for the VA health care but he has never used it.  

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1