Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I planted the garden beds yesterday.  We are going to try strawberries, tomatoes and squash.  This is the first year for the garden so we will see how it goes.

Garden.thumb.jpeg.e064274ca93c6ab81e17b0625170f931.jpeg

I grew strawberries for several years.  First year you probably wont yield much fruit but boy do they spread like wildflowers once they take off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Well I have been binge-watching Masterchef when escaping from writing my thesis.

We too are faithful watchers.... DH is getting some ideas from the participants 😉

In which field are you writing your thesis?

I was almost finished with my MA thesis (Middle Eastern studies), but we relocated for what we thought will be 2 years, which turned in 5 years... 

When I returned to Israel, my two tutors just went abroad (Sabbaticals), in those times it was difficult to keep in touch (1985) .... never got my MA.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

Too kind.  I am far from his skills. I just take pictures of what catches my eye. I will accept the kind words though. 🙂

Don't sell yourself short. My SIL and I can take a picture of the exact same object at the same time with almost the same phone (hers Galaxy S9 vs my Galaxy S10) and her picture will be far better 10 times out of 10.  Professional quality stuff. 

It does take a skillful eye to capture the right background and lighting conditions.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

OK giving it a go, this is my veg patch from last sunmer 😅

IMG_20200728_175257.jpg

That looks nice.

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday was the completion of the 1st Bruce Rossmeyer Harley-Davidson Civilian Motorcycle Skills Challenge 

Yours truly placed second in Team Slow Ride. We had 59 riders and raised over $7000 for the Volusia Sheriff Office Charities. 

The video is called SMART Ride. Three rider teams from blind draw. Two Experts/Masters and 1 Novice. 

6EFB74D6-78CF-44A4-A8AA-3FCF3BFD7856.jpeg

Congratulations.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ATG said:

Graham, thanks for the beach photos for those of us who are too far away.

I love the use of jab for a shot, so much more descriptive.  I learned a new British slang this morning.  Watching the Tottenham game the advertising sign said “cars without the faff “.  I had never come across this term and had to look it up.  The definition was something overly complicated for no reason.  Faff sounds much better than the bull s*&# I would normally use.

So, I’ve gotten food suggestions, laughs and new vocabulary from this thread! 

Car buying made simple is probably a good description.

We are blessed to live only 4 miles from s beautiful coastline.

With UK lockdown we have to stay local so we now go to the beach 4-5 days a week.

Hope you like these recent pictures.

Screenshot_20210228_185619_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185704_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190212_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185827_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190107_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185955_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185927_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185904_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190043_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We too are faithful watchers.... DH is getting some ideas from the participants 😉

In which field are you writing your thesis?

I was almost finished with my MA thesis (Middle Eastern studies), but we relocated for what we thought will be 2 years, which turned in 5 years... 

When I returned to Israel, my two tutors just went abroad (Sabbaticals), in those times it was difficult to keep in touch (1985) .... never got my MA.

I think the title of mine was electronic transfer of funds ETF, in a cashless society. Which was what I saw coming. ...lol in 1973 hahahaha. MBA in international business. 

Didnt see bitcoin coming. Just thought less and less cash would be used. Always been a numbers and stock market person. It could almost be a new thesis going forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

They are so cute, full fur cats are my fav 🥰

We have a 19 pound rag doll with loads of fur , had to take him and his sister to get for annual checkup , he is easy to get in pet taxi his sister seems to know what is going on and it takes us a while to catch her , she is only 8 pounds .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We have a 19 pound rag doll with loads of fur , had to take him and his sister to get for annual checkup , he is easy to get in pet taxi his sister seems to know what is going on and it takes us a while to catch her , she is only 8 pounds .

We will pull out the cat carriers usually 2 days before and put them in the house. They will start sleeping in them so when the time comes it’s much easier to get them in.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, George C said:

We have a 19 pound rag doll

Rag doll !! That's what I had in mind when I said "full fur"....

I remember seeing this "model" and fell in love with it, but when I've checked a little, the price as well as them being prone to stomach obstruction [?] problems because of the quantity of fur they ingest, have put me off...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

With UK lockdown we have to stay local so we now go to the beach 4-5 days a week.

Screenshot_20210228_185619_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185704_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190212_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190107_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185955_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185927_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185904_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190043_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Beautiful.  You are both very lucky to live near a coastline.  I cannot wait for warmer weather so we can take a drive to see the ocean.  Coming soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Rag doll !! That's what I had in mind when I said "full fur"....

I remember seeing this "model" and fell in love with it, but when I've checked a little, the price as well as them being prone to stomach obstruction [?] problems because of the quantity of fur they ingest, have put me off...

Our ragdoll is very healthy and has had no problems at 14, wife does comb him daily , we got him from a shelter as a kitten and they thought he was Siamese but he definitely a ragdoll.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Don't sell yourself short. My SIL and I can take a picture of the exact same object at the same time with almost the same phone (hers Galaxy S9 vs my Galaxy S10) and her picture will be far better 10 times out of 10.  Professional quality stuff. 

I'm still using my S8. Was thinking about getting the S21 this year but kind if annoyed that Samsung took out the SD card support and no head phone jack. In someways it seems like a down grade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Those pictures are from different trips or your wife packs a steamer trunk so she can change between shots?...😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those pictures are from different trips or your wife packs a steamer trunk so she can change between shots?...😇

UK lockdown means we have to stay local so now we are at the beach 4-5 times a week.

I could fit a shop out with all her dresses,hand bags,leather gloves,shoes,cashmere wraps etc etc🥴🤫🧐🥺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2