Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Bailey & Sophie said:

So sorry to hear about your friend. Things like this make it hard to revisit places where we spent so many fun times.  

Eventually I'll go back. But since Vegas has gotten so expensive I'd rather go on a cruise.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

I will say that Jet Blue hooked me up with free drinks

IMG_2895.thumb.jpeg.7d9e2c2ef903f763689378b0862f8054.jpeg

IMG_2900.thumb.jpeg.39125920524fc2de3715549d7cdb9ec6.jpeg

IMG_2902.jpeg

After my flight from Dallas to New York City I got a questionnaire on how my first class flight was and I complained about not getting a drink before we took off , AA made up for it on NYC to Buffalo and Buffalo to Dallas , even though flight was less than a hour I was able to get a drink before then a couple of double scotches.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, George C said:

After my flight from Dallas to New York City I got a questionnaire on how my first class flight was and I complained about not getting a drink before we took off , AA made up for it on NYC to Buffalo and Buffalo to Dallas , even though flight was less than a hour I was able to get a drink before then a couple of double scotches.

We didn't get a pre-flight drink on our last Delta flight. Before takeoff we were asked what we wanted with our meal. We only got drinks with our meal and then after. First time that happened like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Eventually I'll go back. But since Vegas has gotten so expensive I'd rather go on a cruise.

I agree. We've been there and have discussed going back to see what's changed. But there are so many other places we haven't been to....

I also think that there are going to be a lot of mini-Bella cruises now and that is so exciting. THANK YOU BELLA for bringing so many new friends together.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks he was incredible. I think the pressure and stress of Vegas wore him down. I think he felt like he was in a rut and could never get out.

This was his audition for a job at Excalibur with the Royal Court Singers.

He would play with other groups around town including Santa Fe and this group called Vocalese.

I miss him dearly. What a great talent.

@Sea Dog I'm 15 hours behind on posts, but thank you for sharing these.  What a talented young man.  So sad.  Makes me think of incredible talents like Robin Williams.  So sad, to be so blessed and not being able to deal with it.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog I'm 15 hours behind on posts, but thank you for sharing these.  What a talented young man.  So sad.  Makes me think of incredible talents like Robin Williams.  So sad, to be so blessed and not being able to deal with it.  Thank you for sharing.

Robin Williams suffered from Lewy Body dementia .  It would be hard for anyone to deal with it no matter how fortunate you are .  His wife described it as demons living in his head .   

In better times my husband switched seats in first class on AA  with James Lipton on his way to interview Robin Williams in the SF Bay Area. I asked him how was your interview with Barbra Streisand ? It took two days ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The CES show has always been something I wanted to do.  I would read a recap of each day's show to see what was new in the electronic world.   How did you like being there.

18 hours ago, clochette said:

I used to work for a trade show company and spent quite a bit of times in Vegas for both of those trade shows, so exhausting and so fun at the same time.

I loved going to CES.  I'm a tech/gadget nerd and CES was heaven.  So many massive booths from the big companies but also so many interesting little booths from a no name company touting their new invention that would hopefully make them rich.  I also enjoyed the large keynote speeches from the major companies announcing what's new for them.  What a huge production those were, including celebrity actors and musicians.  I enjoyed watching the Microsoft keynote speech at the packed MGM Grand Arena along with thousands of my closest friends...all waiting to see what Bill Gates had to say.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We Italians know how to do things right.🙂

We just started watching a really good TV series on Paramount+ called the The Offer.  It's about the making of The Godfather.  We're hooked.  Good performances by several actors with Miles Teller (Rooster from Top Gun Maverick) in the lead role as the movie's producer Al Ruddy.  The actors who play young Marlon Brando and Al Pacino are amazingly like the real people.  Juno Temple (Keeley on Ted Lasso) plays Ruddy's secretary and it's weird seeing her talking with an American accent.  I highly recommend watching.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We didn't get a pre-flight drink on our last Delta flight. Before takeoff we were asked what we wanted with our meal. We only got drinks with our meal and then after. First time that happened like that.

We normally have better luck getting a pre flight drink on delta , also delta still at least last time we flew had TVs to watch movies on American you need to use your iPad or computer.

Went to my first baseball game (actually a double header) yesterday in several years...the AAA Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp hosting the Nashville Sounds.  The son of good friends of ours from Cincinnati is pitching for Nashville.  I might have mentioned this before but he's quickly worked his way up from the Arizona Rookie League and now just one step below the majors.  His parents have been traveling around to watch him play.  He's a middle reliever, so they never know when he's going to pitch.  He got into the first game with Nashville trailing by 2.  He struggled with control a bit and the first batter he faced hit an easy ground ball to first.  The first baseman bobbled it and the batter was safe (error).  He gave up his first AAA home run to the next batter.  He settled down after that and struck out 2 batters but he was not at all happy with his performance.

Minor league ballparks are always fun.  The Jacksonville stadium has a tiki bar in left field.  Not a bad way to watch a ball game.

IMG_0567.thumb.jpg.dea668344cdb00e4c8ad95e27d76313a.jpg

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Finally caught up!

We've been busy around here...Friday morning with Ryan's Awards Ceremony, Friday night with Ava's Class of 2023 Awards Ceremony..she was awarded the National Honor Society Stoll and the Visual Arts Award for Drawing and Painting Medal, both to be worn over her Graduation Robe, and the Silver Medal for being ranked top 12% of Class.  We attended Ava's Graduation this past Monday evening.  I had a great seat in the Balcony for pictures;  just not a great phone for taking pictures🫤

While we were at Ava's Graduation,  Ryan and his Mom were at his Band Banquet, where he got an award and once he's a Freshman, will be presented with a Varsity Letter from the Marching Band.

Last night, our videographer grandson Jack, and his friend and classmate won "Best Film" for their production of "School Alone", beating out all of the Upper classmen (they are both Sophomores).  They also won "Special Effects" for a 3 minute film (which took 3 days to film and edit)..(.I'm sure Greg  @Sea Dog can appreciate this)

Saturday we'll be celebrating our 2 Connecticut Granddaughters combined Graduation party..Erin from College and her sister Meghan from High School.  Next week will be Meghan's Graduation, and Ryan's 8th Grade Graduation.   

Congratulations to all your grandkids.  It was so nice you were able to be there. 

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to Susan and enjoy your summer with your grandson.  I look forward to your photos of your activities.  Your grandson is fortunate to have such loving, active & involved grandparents.

Thank you, we are looking forward to this summer’s adventures. 

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, so wonderful that you and Jim can celebrate your grandkids wonderful achievements.  I know they'll continue for a long time to come!  The gift that keeps on giving!

Happy birthday to Susan from me too!

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I remember all the fun stuff you did last summer. I can't wait to see what "we" do this year!

Thank you.  We can’t wait either. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  Two of my only three cousins committed suicide when they were young ladies.  My father, who was a heart surgeon, said that the study of Psychology really only started with Freud and therefore is not very advanced yet.  I hope for future generations that there will be great strides in understanding of mental illness and depression and other conditions and development of successful treatments.

I'm so sorry to hear about your two cousins.  That is so heartbreaking.  My friend's sister also committed suicide, as did a young teenager in my old neighborhood on S.I..  It is frightening and worrisome any time someone we love heads toward depression.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

In better times my husband switched seats in first class on AA  with James Lipton on his way to interview Robin Williams in the SF Bay Area. I asked him how was your interview with Barbra Streisand ? It took two days ! 

Speaking of your husband, how is he doing since his knee surgery?  Still good?

I am not certain that I am happy, or should be concerned that our return flight is apparently fueled by garbage, and that they have put Oscar the Grouch in charge. 

IMG_6156.thumb.png.1944782baf53c1b6124c6e7f3eb9cdd5.png

What I am concerned, and a little more than annoyed with, is they now have our flight stopping in Chicago.   When we booked our return flight, it was a nonstop from San Francisco that would get us into Pittsburgh at 6:30 pm.  The nonstop is the reason we booked it.   United didn’t even bother notifying us that they added a stop.  This cute little email was the first hint.  So now, we won’t get in till after 9, and will be looking for a place still open for supper.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just started watching a really good TV series on Paramount+ called the The Offer.  It's about the making of The Godfather.  We're hooked.  Good performances by several actors with Miles Teller (Rooster from Top Gun Maverick) in the lead role as the movie's producer Al Ruddy.  The actors who play young Marlon Brando and Al Pacino are amazingly like the real people.  Juno Temple (Keeley on Ted Lasso) plays Ruddy's secretary and it's weird seeing her talking with an American accent.  I highly recommend watching.

We watched that a while ago.  Agree..the actors certainly are amazingly like Marlon Brando and Al Pacino!

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am not certain that I am happy, or should be concerned that our return flight is apparently fueled by garbage, and that they have put Oscar the Grouch in charge. 

IMG_6156.thumb.png.1944782baf53c1b6124c6e7f3eb9cdd5.png

What I am concerned, and a little more than annoyed with, is they now have our flight stopping in Chicago.   When we booked our return flight, it was a nonstop from San Francisco that would get us into Pittsburgh at 6:30 pm.  The nonstop is the reason we booked it.   United didn’t even bother notifying us that they added a stop.  This cute little email was the first hint.  So now, we won’t get in till after 9, and will be looking for a place still open for supper.

Pretty sneaky of the airline.  I would be so angry, and then I'd have to talk myself out of this sinking feeling.  I sure hope you find a place for your late dinner.  Safe travels.

• Like 2

Thank you for your Congratulations and well wishes for our grandchildren, who always make us so proud!

A big thank you! To;  @Sea Dog

@DaniDanielle

@lenquixote66

@BonTexasNY

@h20skibum

• Like 4

Jim and I will be heading to LBI later this morning to see the Play "Steel Pier" at the Surflight Theater, in  @Sunshine3601  Debbie's neck of the woods.  I'm hoping the smoke won't be too bad there;  our grandson was in Atlantic City on a class trip yesterday, and he said the smoke wasn't as bad there as it was at home, due to being near the Ocean.  We shall see!

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Speaking of your husband, how is he doing since his knee surgery?  Still good?

He is doing well .  Adding my congratulations to you and your grandkids !  They are so talented. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those interested - Southwest Airlines has opened flights until January 7.  For those looking for holiday flights, it might be worth looking into.   I was able to get a great price for our flight to Balitmore in January for our Vision cruise.  Cheaper than driving and paying for parking.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Tomorrow is finally the day we leave for Alaska & board Radiance on Friday!  

woo hoo … Absolutely love Alaska 

I’ll check on in here periodically rather than going live more than likely.

Im 95% packed and still catching up on house chores, preparing dogs for kennel etc. before we leave tomorrow.

DW however just left work at 7:30 & still needs to pack .. oh my 😱😱🤢🤢

Already had a crisis averted this morning when I called our kennel/doggie daycare to touch base re: drop off time in the AM, they did NOT have our reservation.  What!!  Luckily they had room for the fur babies and all is good. Whew 😥 No idea how that happened but nothing to worry about.  

Cheers 🍻

Mark

Safe travels to Alaska. We too enjoy it.  Been 3 times and we will again at some point. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

In route to Chicago now then on to Anchorage.  Luggage appears to have made it with us as well so that’s nice 🙂 

Pre flight Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA tasted especially good at 10am to kick off pre cruise tradition.  Cheers 🍻 Mark

IMG_0058.thumb.png.5f09f30e3d5a46c577ff1f7199a4ee1c.png

That is exactly what mine said yesterday.  Was surprised by all the construction at the airport.

Have a great Alaska cruise.  Safe travels

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

In route to Chicago now then on to Anchorage.  Luggage appears to have made it with us as well so that’s nice 🙂 

Pre flight Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA tasted especially good at 10am to kick off pre cruise tradition.  Cheers 🍻 Mark

IMG_0058.thumb.png.5f09f30e3d5a46c577ff1f7199a4ee1c.png

Safe travels wished to you!

• Thanks 1