Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

The Allure TA ends in Galveston, TX. :classic_smile:

Yup, we will have to fly back to Orlando from Texas.  Would have had to fly back from Miami on the cancelled Allure TA from last November anyway.  Would have been not as far, but still same routine.  

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You held out longer than I did. I wasn’t going to book anything until sailings happen but now have 4 booked. Once you book your first...

I booked three yesterday.  Connected the Allure TA to our med cruises, then (at the prompting of another CC pal) booked a B2B on Serenade out of Tampa end of 2022.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Do you read the newspaper? The dallas paper said yesterday dallas schools would keep the mask requirements in place. Local news was full of which stores would require it or not enforce it. Just follow the news and it's obvious little will change. Restaurants arent big carriers, some might open, I have hopes of my favorite mexican restaurant reopening. You say you fear covid #s will keep climbing, except they are decreasing. ..I do get the online copy of dallas news. I can go back and find it, that dallas schools will keep requiring masks. No change.

But are the numbers of Covid cases actually going down...to have all the restrictions lifted?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Meanwhile I was waiting for the sheep at :12 seconds in to fall off the cliff.  I guess I was looking for a different type of darkness. 😂

LOL, me too.  That song was on one of the album's my mother played back when I was a teenager,  along with Bette Midler and Rod Stewart.  We didn't have much money, I think she may have worn all the grooves off the 45.

I had a close enough (30 feet) in the darkness at 5AM this morning with a coyote running in front of my house.  The little guy was doing his thing when I spotted it.  Here I am scanning the woods behind the house with the flashlight (torch to you, Graham) and this one was doing a lap in the front.  I startled it and it headed into the neighbor's back yard.  I need to find my whistle, this is the 2nd one in 2 weeks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Based on my recent trip to Cocoa Beach, this is an extremely 'light' Snowbird season.

Lots of homes in our neighborhood went empty for the season...mostly Canadian friends that could not drive over the boarder.  Wasn't worth it for them to fly, they wanted their vehicle and did not want to pay to ship it. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

Not a good day for us, had a very nice dinner last night then on way home car hit ours and speed off, will check to see if any stores in area have cameras. Luckily we are fine and car is drivable, we were going to get trade it in for a new car within the month. 

Sorry for you.  One time our daughter got hit and the young girl who hit her sped off. Some really nice man followed her right to her house and got license plate number and came back to help my daughter.  Good luck with the cameras🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Not a good day for us, had a very nice dinner last night then on way home car hit ours and speed off, will check to see if any stores in area have cameras. Luckily we are fine and car is drivable, we were going to get trade it in for a new car within the month. 

Sorry to hear that! That's terrible about the hit and run.  A lot of times it's due to no license, or no registration, or stolen?  Could be intoxicated, more likely with that one.  

2 hours ago, George C said:

So long as you're OK, cars are tradeable...😉

• Like 2

Been an interesting week here in O-H-I-O for me.

Our governor lowered the age limit and those that are 60 -64 are now eligible to get the vaccine.

I am 64, so that is me.

I found this out Monday about 2pm.

So with 2 phones in hand and on two computers I started accessing sites to get the vaccine.

And for the last couple days here is what happened at various sites.

Walgreens....I registered and logged into their site, I was eligible went to schedule appointment and was booted off for 3 days....hmm

Giant Eagle site said I was not eligible so I called the main office, and they told me "Corporate did not send a memo yet, you are not eligible".

Local hospital system, did not receive notice yet, call back Thursday.

Called Trumbull county Action Program, got thru to recording, all spots filled up, not taking any further reservations, call back daily, but you can leave your name and number on answering machine and we will get back to you as more spots become available.

But, the local news had a story on that many adults are booking multiple sites and spots become available daily.  So they advised you to call some pharmacies directly and gave a list of those willilng to accept calls, and not book thru a website.

So being Pro-active I called one of the local Giant Eagle Pharmacies in Brookfield Ohio.  And they said they were booked up.  I thanked them, and went on to say I live just a mere 5 miles. from you, and if you have a cancellation I could be their in under 10 min.

So last night at 8:45 the phone rings, they had a cancellation and wondered if I would like to come in at 10:15 am.Thursday for the vaccine.  I said I will be there.

So today I went and they were just running a few min. behind.  Got my vaccine, Maderna.

The pharmacist goes you can wonder around the store, but do not leave until you check back with us in 15 min.

So I shopped, bought two bottles of  Prosciutto and some other items

Arrived home took two tylenol and Zyrtec.

Now starting to cook dinner for a small gathering.

Being persistent was a benefit to me.

Stay healthy 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, George C said:

Here in Ohio, we have mandatory car insurance for all vehicles, yea right.

So when I got hit by an uninsured driver, the police report noted that, and he was cited.

Notified our insurance carrier, and she told me not worth the fight or court costs.

Our insurance company paid the claim for the repair, and our rates did not go up.

I am glad you are OK, and better luck with next car, that no one aims at you.

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We became pet less, sadly when my beloved Katie died of the demon cancer at age 15.  First time not going right out and finding another kitten or two.  Decided since we had the means, the time, and no worry about leaving fur babies at home (miss them too much)....we would book a lot of international travel, which I did almost 2 years ago.  Then.....full stop...29 cancellations.  😞   Really bad timing to be pet less.  But starting to have hope and rebooking again.  

This is us almost exactly.  We had to put down our 15 year old Golden 2 years ago and decided to travel rather than have a pet.  We sometimes miss having a dog but our daughter in Cincinnati has a cat and 2 ferrets.  One of the ferrets has some sort of medical problem that is costing her hundreds of dollars that she can't really afford.  I don't miss that part.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Lots of homes in our neighborhood went empty for the season...mostly Canadian friends that could not drive over the boarder.  Wasn't worth it for them to fly, they wanted their vehicle and did not want to pay to ship it. 

We have a about a dozen Canadians that are members of our Daytona HOG Chapter that haven’t come down this year. 

M8

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I could hardly get through it.  Hope the season gets better.

The Mediterranean is on again tonight.

Hannah walked out of the restaurant where all the crew were last night not very happy.

• Like 1