Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you!  Aisle seats for the win for Jim and myself! 😉   I found it very strange, though, that no one opened the shade on their window for our morning take-off, and kept the shades closed for the entire trip🤔

Thank you, Bonnie.  It's been a few years since we've seen each other.

We booked bulkhead middle section for LAX to Sydney, comfort plus.  I’m hoping this wasn’t a mistake.  I get a bit claustrophobic when I can’t see out but we are going to be over water for the whole trip.  When people don’t open the shade all trip I can get a little panicky if I’m in the middle seat. Since it’s 3,3,3 I didn’t want a window and not be able to get out when I want to.  Bulkhead no one can recline into us, more leg room, I can use blow up foot rests, and get up when I want to.  But that’s a long way to go with no window in reach.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We booked bulkhead middle section for LAX to Sydney, comfort plus.  I’m hoping this wasn’t a mistake.  I get a bit claustrophobic when I can’t see out but we are going to be over water for the whole trip.  When people don’t open the shade all trip I can get a little panicky if I’m in the middle seat. Since it’s 3,3,3 I didn’t want a window and not be able to get out when I want to.  Bulkhead no one can recline into us, more leg room, I can use blow up foot rests, and get up when I want to.  But that’s a long way to go with no window in reach.  

It sounds like you've got pretty good seats, with your leg room and no one reclining.  The woman in front of me on our nighttime flight coming home reclined her seat, and was in constant motion;  I think she was having a hard time with flying.  

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It sounds like you've got pretty good seats, with your leg room and no one reclining.  The woman in front of me on our nighttime flight coming home reclined her seat, and was in constant motion;  I think she was having a hard time with flying.  

I once was in the middle seat, Jack on the aisle.  Man sitting next to me at the window decided half of my legroom belonged to him.  His legs were spread wide open and took half of my space.  I couldn't stand it any more so I told him nicely to please remove his leg from my space.  He complied with a nasty "grunt".  He tried once more and all I said to him was PLEASE.  He got the message.  AND we had bulkhead seats with more leg room.

I hope Ava had a fabulous birthday!

• Like 4

We went to a local Movie Grill to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3.  I saw all 3 and the only one worth seeing IMHO was the first one.  I found it amazing that every single main character from the 1st movie released 21 years ago was in the 3rd movie except Michael Constantine, RIP.

I found some of the food prices to be a bit much.  $8 for a coke, $8 for a bag of popcorn, which I did not buy.  My $15.95 chicken quesadillas were actually quite good. All in all, a pleasant afternoon.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I once was in the middle seat, Jack on the aisle.  Man sitting next to me at the window decided half of my legroom belonged to him.  His legs were spread wide open and took half of my space.  I couldn't stand it any more so I told him nicely to please remove his leg from my space.  He complied with a nasty "grunt".  He tried once more and all I said to him was PLEASE.  He got the message.  AND we had bulkhead seats with more leg room.

I hope Ava had a fabulous birthday!

Thank you, Bonnie!  She really did have a great birthday!

Regarding your "neighbor" with the window seat..some people are just plain rude!!!

• Like 4

On 9/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, sgmn said:

I pre bought the water package, though the water on ships fine,  its nice to have bottles of cooled water in our fridge .

Dont think we've hit our diamond limit yet. As we're getting older

we're turning into lightweights 😆

I use half of my Diamond voucher every couple of  days to buy a bottle of water and a can of Diet  Coke. 
Wind up usually  up leaving some in the fridge. 

• Like 3

Speaking of MDR menus, I checked out Mariner for Sept 29 in the app and made a note of what I would eat each night in case I would make Dick happy and eat in Windjammer one night. 
I went back yesterday, and no menu. Checked just now, no menu. 
I wonder if they’re tweaking it…for the better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you!  Aisle seats for the win for Jim and myself! 😉   I found it very strange, though, that no one opened the shade on their window for our morning take-off, and kept the shades closed for the entire trip🤔

That annoys me so much. I think it is very selfish of the window seat person to not consider that someone might want to see what is going on out that window. I typically do aisle seats because I want to get to the lavatory when I need to use it. I don't like feeling trapped in the row.... especially if someone is sleeping.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Similar has happened to us in NYC twice. Going from Penn Station to the dock. After we put our stuff in the van, he says it will be a little more....how much more? ..... little by $50 more???!!!!!! We said no thanks. We pulled our stuff out ,the van went on to approach others. We waited for the cab. Long line, but fast moving. The cab guy told us that the sleek black van was private transport and they approach people who look like they do not want to wait for a cab in line.

Welcome back home. Hope you had a good and very relaxing cruise. Where are you off to next?

It is a shame these drivers try to manipulate people.   Unfortunately, it has probably worked for them so they keep doing it.

We did have a wonderful cruise.  We really like the vibe on Serenade and others in this class.   To us it feels more like a ship than the Oasis class.

Our next booking is for an 11 nighter in January on Anthem.   We will enjoy driving to the port.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5