Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my TMJ is definitely acting up. I was told by the RD today that my jaw mobility is very limited.

It is moving less than half of its normal amount, when shifting it left to right horizontally. More importantly, the amount it should open fully is very limited. I should be able to open it 6cm, I can only open it 1.2cm. 

To put it into terms my American friends will relate to; 2.36” is the normal opening amount and I’m only getting .47” of opening. 

I now have a repositioning oral splint that I have to wear for the next week, hoping to get my jaw lined up better. I have to wear it all day, all night except for eating.  I’m just hoping this will help. 

I’m so sorry Andrew you are going through this.

24 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Oh no.  I hope it passes quickly.

Me too. This is not fun.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Venice is on my list of places I want to visit.  Keep those pictures coming.  Hope you have a wonderful trip.

My thoughts to you would be if you want to see Venice maybe go sooner than later. It is a challenging city for folks with mobility issues. Crossing canals typically involves stairs that lead up to, and then down from, the bridges that cross them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My thoughts to you would be if you want to see Venice maybe go sooner than later. It is a challenging city for folks with mobility issues. Crossing canals typically involves stairs that lead up to, and then down from, the bridges that cross them.

We did lots of walking on our European cruise 7 years ago since I hit 75 next year I definitely want to do it again before 80 . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Walking around helps in addition to drinking fluids. With sitting or lying down you lose the effect of gravity, as well as the jiggling that walking causes, helping to pull the stone down.

Thanks OB I will do that. I have been sitting with a heating pad on my groin which gives me a little relief.

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That sucks.  Had a bout with them a couple years ago, definitely a pain like no other.  The only pain med that worked for me was morphine via an IV.  Hope they pass quickly. 

Me too. This sucks.

11 minutes ago, akcruz said:

@Sea Dog and @A&L_Ont hoping you are both feeling better soon. 

Thank you!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my TMJ is definitely acting up. I was told by the RD today that my jaw mobility is very limited.

It is moving less than half of its normal amount, when shifting it left to right horizontally. More importantly, the amount it should open fully is very limited. I should be able to open it 6cm, I can only open it 1.2cm. 

To put it into terms my American friends will relate to; 2.36” is the normal opening amount and I’m only getting .47” of opening. 

I now have a repositioning oral splint that I have to wear for the next week, hoping to get my jaw lined up better. I have to wear it all day, all night except for eating.  I’m just hoping this will help. 

I hope the splint is helpful, and bring you relief, quickly!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Jimbo, a little late but welcome to Canada. 

Actually asked my Wife is this a different country or is this Canada? Then while walking around we went inside a Dollarama we saw they were selling red and white Canada flags,then we knew where we were at.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think you may have me confused with someone else.  At least I don’t think I have any mobility issues.  I don’t think I would have any trouble navigating anything there. 

By the way, I just had my 8 year anniversary of wearing a Fitbit activity tracker. I was surprised at the numbers I put up in that period of time. 

IMG_6329.thumb.jpeg.ece5ac450a3c4fb6b4b044834b21ce5d.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

This is my second. They zapped the first one but the X-rays showed I had a second one. It had not bothered me until today. You would think as much pineapple juice I have been drinking in my tiki cocktails that I wouldn’t have a problem.😉

Oh no, sorry to hear you are suffering with a stone.  I hope it passes soon without too much pain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think you may have me confused with someone else.  At least I don’t think I have any mobility issues.  I don’t think I would have any trouble navigating anything there. 

By the way, I just had my 8 year anniversary of wearing a Fitbit activity tracker. I was surprised at the numbers I put up in that period of time. 

IMG_6329.thumb.jpeg.ece5ac450a3c4fb6b4b044834b21ce5d.jpeg

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I need to stop multitasking when I post on these boards. This is really embarrassing. Don't want to say who I was thinking about.🫤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@A&L_Ont Andrew, I’m sorry you are going through this.  I hope the appliance helps. 

@Sea Dog  Yikes, I feel for you, I’ve never had them but my husband has and he had to be admitted for days with a drip of morphine. Finally after 3 or 4 days it passed. This was a long time ago but I remember it clearly.  I hope you soon pass it or get it zapped if that’s possible. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had it really bad several years ago .I was told to drink as much water as I possibly could.I hope that whatever you are doing will lessen the pain.

I am drinking a lot of water.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't know much about them, do they usually pass in a matter of hours?

Can be hours or days.

1 minute ago, #55worktoplay said:

@A&L_Ont Andrew, I’m sorry you are going through this.  I hope the appliance helps. 

@Sea Dog  Yikes, I feel for you, I’ve never had them but my husband has and he had to be admitted for days with a drip of morphine. Finally after 3 or 4 days it passed. This was a long time ago but I remember it clearly.  I hope you soon pass it or get it zapped if that’s possible. 

God I hope it doesn’t go on for days.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Gosh, I’m so sorry. Brian has had a couple of kidney stones and had to go to the ER for pain meds. I hope yours passes quickly.

That may be an option as I am not sure if I can sleep tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I am drinking a lot of water.

Can be hours or days.

God I hope it doesn’t go on for days.

Hope they pass soon , if I got them I would think of visiting a state that had legalized pot , that can be a great pain reliever or so people tell me . 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, George C said:

Hope they pass soon , if I got them I would think of visiting a state that had legalized pot , that can be a great pain reliever or so people tell me . 

It would be easy here. Sharon could just go down to the dispensary and pick some up with cash. I believe Greg mentioned something before about having a med card. It doesn't help much with the pain, but I think it might make it not so much front and center and might help you get some sleep. It is apparently much more potent now with new strains. I just inspected, haven't tried it for 40 years. 

• Like 2