Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Question for anyone who has sailed out of Fort Lauderdale? I have a check in time of 11:30am which was the earliest they offered. I also have the Key and in an email I received today states that I can arrive between 11am-11:30am and also stated to please adhere to your arrival times as space in the terminal is limited.

So my question is what time can I realistically show up? Normally I’ve been able to board by 11am in other terminals. What do you guys recommend?

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Question for anyone who has sailed out of Fort Lauderdale? I have a check in time of 11:30am which was the earliest they offered. I also have the Key and in an email I received today states that I can arrive between 11am-11:30am and also stated to please adhere to your arrival times as space in the terminal is limited.

So my question is what time can I realistically show up? Normally I’ve been able to board by 11am in other terminals. What do you guys recommend?

I think last Jan they started letting people into the terminal around 10AM. Your scheduled time means nothing. No one checks.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If you get there at 10am or 11am, it won't matter you still won't get onboard until Royal is ready to board people for your ship. Boarding time will be closer to 12 noon then 10am anyway.

What's good is you will board with all the Key members anyway, you will be sitting in a special section with all key members. When it's time to board you will go onto the ship with that group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just booked an AI, Royalton Rivera Splash in Mexico, for a week after Christmas for Lisa, Owen and I. We can jam it in between Christmas and a hockey tourney. 

Could you do some sort of comparison of price, amenities, etc between a week at the AI vs a week on a cruise? Of course we will keep in mind that you always sail in the cheap cabins which my skew the comparison.😇

• Haha 12

The North Atlantic is still feeling very peacefull and the air is very clear today. Both forks of Long Island, Orient and Montauk Points, are easily seen as well as Plum and Block Island. Unfortunately, they are not high enough above sea level for the camera to pick up.

20231018_120842.thumb.jpg.e44e76d3d73e62a3f103838aa75697d6.jpg

20231018_120829.thumb.jpg.ec81439144a34c754f5a099157a2831a.jpg

• Like 18

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great photos.   Thank RJ for use of his phone.

We have gone to Renaissance on past trips.  Always nice!

Also, love West Deck.

Still hot, it was a feel like 108f when we were there in September.  

Such a shame you didn't dock next to the scientology ship.  😘

Scientology ship was not there this time. Surprising!

• Like 2

Today in Curacao we are at the Avila. I like it a lot here. Was thinking of doing day pass at the Marriott but it has felt like being in New York city ( nothing bad) since past few times. So Avila it is this time. I do love it here.....a boutique hotel vibe. 

Spotted J and L while we were getting on our taxi.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Could you do some sort of comparison of price, amenities, etc between a week at the AI vs a week on a cruise? Of course we will keep in mind that you always sail in the cheap cabins which my skew the comparison.😇

Can do. 👍

Our room is as follows in photo below. It is in something called the “Diamond Club”, which comes with a Diamond Lounge. Feels a little RC, with that name.😉

I’d equate it to a GS on an Oasis Class ship at this point. There is a butler which should make dinner reservations and help make our stay comfortable.  There is a private beach, pool and lounge.  There is also a water park and other fun things for Owen to do.

IMG_3203.thumb.jpeg.9745f8f71543dc93727c6d4ed09c97d8.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!   When I told my boss that we cancelled our January cruise he invited us to their home in Cape Coral for a long weekend.

Yesterday he told me he booked a couple of days at Boca Grande, Gasparilla island.

We will sail on their catamaran to the island.  Dock and stay onboard as their catamaran sounds like a small yacht with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, full living room, full kitchen, and hot tub on sun deck.

I never heard of this island off the coast of Ft. Myers but it looks beautiful from everything I saw online last night.

Adopted sister wants to come too. 🤩.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Can do. 👍

Our room is as follows in photo below. It is in something called the “Diamond Club”, which comes with a Diamond Lounge. Feels a little RC, with that name.😉

I’d equate it to a GS on an Oasis Class ship at this point. There is a butler which should make dinner reservations and help make our stay comfortable.  There is a private beach, pool and lounge.  There is also a water park and other fun things for Owen to do.

IMG_3203.thumb.jpeg.9745f8f71543dc93727c6d4ed09c97d8.jpeg

Enjoy Guys 🤩 

hopefully they don’t change the name of the 💎 lounge whilst you are there 😉

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Today in Curacao we are at the Avila. I like it a lot here. Was thinking of doing day pass at the Marriott but it has felt like being in New York city ( nothing bad) since past few times. So Avila it is this time. I do love it here.....a boutique hotel vibe. 

Spotted J and L while we were getting on our taxi.

I am wearing a Curaçao tee shirt today .It is sunny and close to 70,not exactly October weather.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1