Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching an interesting show called Secrets of the Lost Liners.  This one focused on the Cunard Liners - specifically Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary Liners and their roles over time, during piece and war. 

This is an overview of the series. 

Looks interesting what network or channel is this on?

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I plan on it since we are leaving Thursday, Wednesday night will be Cruising for Cocktails night watching this weeks Below Deck Med. A Kraken Colada will be first up.

Enjoy your cruise! I will look forward to your cruise reports!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:16 PM, Tree_skier said:

I wouldn't own a car that doesn't have remote start.  When its cold I want to a warm car.  When it's hot I want a cool car.  I've got an app that'll start my car or truck from anywhere. I can start my truck while I'm in line at Costco and everything is comfortable by the time I get there. 🙂 

When I bought my current car in the summer of 2020, I was originally going for a bare-bones model, because for me, a car is just transportation. (I prefer to spend my money on cruises!)

But when I found out that installing a remote start on it, even if installed by the dealership, would void the warranty, I went up a couple of models.  It's still a cheap / not fancy vehicle (Kia Optima), but it has a remote start!   

Like you, the presence of (or ability to add) a remote start was a deal-breaker for me. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My granddaughter wants to get Ricky a costume, so he can dress like her for Halloween. 

IMG_9177.thumb.jpeg.e3d46e454f75a3ae5485b3fe6e55e7d8.jpeg

Will be interesting to see if it happens, and how it goes.  

I think you should get the grandkids one of these:

https://www.samsclub.com/p/airblown-harry-potter-castle/P03016409?xid=plp_product_1

• Like 4

Attended the NY Rangers home opener last night with my nephew.  Rangers won 2-1. Despite the low score,  it was a pretty exciting & well played game. 

20231016_214719.thumb.jpg.f423b23c9180bdf3113fe9426495fbf7.jpg

That is until a "slight" pushing match at the end of the game. 

20231016_214537.thumb.jpg.07b014bba40d42e84eedde23eb9db156.jpg

Every home opener, every fan gets a free T-Shirt. I think I have 6 or 7 now. 

20231017_091731.thumb.jpg.a49e254d8b51ec9f406b821d7f0f8354.jpg

Edit to add: Not really following baseball playoff since the Yankees are not playing but also saw the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros. Always nice to see the Yankees nemesis lose. Good night all around for teams named Rangers. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 12

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Attended the NY Rangers home opener last night with my nephew.  Rangers won 2-1. Despite the low score,  it was a pretty exciting & well played game. 

Edit to add: Not really following baseball playoff since the Yankees are not playing but also saw the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros. Always nice to see the Yankees nemesis lose. Good night all around for teams named Rangers. 🙂

I was torn when the TX Rangers played the Yankees in the world series.  Well, actually not torn at all.  Win or lose, I am, after all, a NY gal at heart.  

image.jpeg.804be543135b5217d6e02829e80cacc1.jpeg❤️

• Like 7

Just now, NHProud said:

Looking forward to your artful and informative report . 

Happy cruising to you and Kinda . 

Thanks Judy ! Just got through checking some pre cruise videos. 99% packed just got to put in the hanging clothes in the suitcase. Linda is ironing her stuff. We don’t leave till Thursday but tomorrow will be errand day. It also gives us time to remember if we’ve packed everything. I’ve gotten burned before packing last minute.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Judy ! Just got through checking some pre cruise videos. 99% packed just got to put in the hanging clothes in the suitcase. Linda is ironing her stuff. We don’t leave till Thursday but tomorrow will be errand day. It also gives us time to remember if we’ve packed everything. I’ve gotten burned before packing last minute.

Corrected Linda’s name . My iPhone is very small. 

Have a great cruise and relax . Don’t try to do too much . It’s supposed to be a vacation. 

I dislike packing and unpacking. No fun ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I never went to a pro team opening night,however,I was at Opening day of Shea Stadium to see the METS.I do not have a tee shirt but I kept my ticket stub.My seat in the mezzanine cost $2.50.

I have the stubs from every Mets game I went to as well as stubs from most of the concerts I went to dating back to the 1960’s.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching an interesting show called Secrets of the Lost Liners.  This one focused on the Cunard Liners - specifically Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary Liners and their roles over time, during piece and war. 

This is an overview of the series. 

My first cruise was with the girls out of Puerto Rico on a Cunard ship. 
It was old and small. 

Ty for sharing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Getting close now. Have a wonderful cruise. 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Getting close now. Have a wonderful cruise. 

Thanks. Looking like the weather won’t be the greatest but it will not deter me from having a great time. My pictures may not look as beautiful with cloudy skies than clear blue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks. Looking like the weather won’t be the greatest but it will not deter me from having a great time. My pictures may not look as beautiful with cloudy skies than clear blue.

Even without the ideal weather, I am sure you have a great time with your cc friends & produce another great live from report for us all to enjoy.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Even without the ideal weather, I am sure you have a great time with your cc friends & produce another great live from report for us all to enjoy.

If it’s raining on our sea days the good news will be no chair hogs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

DH has re-discovered his holiday mojo.  After years of only holidaying  in the exact same location,  he is now keen for variety.  First it was beautiful Noosa.  Yesterday, he sent me a link to some lovely cottages at the base of a lighthouse on the NSW coast.  We are booking one of the cottages today.

Looks like my days of cruising are coming to an end.  I started cruising in 2013 because I was bored of holidaying in the same spot every year.  With DH being keen to explore more,  both my “kids” soon to be living overseas and limited leave as I work full-time,  land trips are going to be my focus from now on until we retire.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has re-discovered his holiday mojo.  After years of only holidaying  in the exact same location,  he is now keen for variety.  First it was beautiful Noosa.  Yesterday, he sent me a link to some lovely cottages at the base of a lighthouse on the NSW coast.  We are booking one of the cottages today.

Looks like my days of cruising are coming to an end.  I started cruising in 2013 because I was bored of holidaying in the same spot every year.  With DH being keen to explore more,  both my “kids” soon to be living overseas and limited leave as I work full-time,  land trips are going to be my focus from now on until we retire.

It's great that your DH has his holiday mojo back.  Hopefully you'll find some great new spots to visit.  We've found that our interest in cruising has actually gone down in retirement.  It's much easier to take short trips somewhere and for longer land trips, having a couple of weeks to really experience a place is nicer than an 8 hour port day.  We will still cruise when we have a specific itinerary in mind, or if it's a larger family thing (like we're doing next year).  But with the recent increase in prices and a reduction in quality, there likely won't be a lot of cruising for just the two of us. It's sad that this is what cruising has become for us as we really have loved it, and we recently became D+.  Spending 2 weeks in Italy, or Scotland, or Japan for example, just seems more appealing.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If it’s raining on our sea days the good news will be no chair hogs!

I’m hoping that the rainy forecast is due to that pesky Invest 94L that’s lurking, and that it’ll ultimately take a sharp turn north leaving us with some better weather!

• Like 5