Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Please forgive me in advance for bringing this subject in here.  I feel I'm living it in my mind even though physically I live in safety.

Everyday Jack and I talk to his sister in Israel.  Her grandson is part of the 300,000+ troops stationed along the Gaza border. People go to bed, not that they sleep, in their daytime clothing in the likely event that they will have to get to their bomb shelters quickly.

We have so many friends and family in Israel and we include Dani and her family among those we hold in our thoughts and prayers to stay safe.

I look forward to coming in here and reading all the wonderful posts especially @Sea DogGreg's live Adventure review.  It keeps me sane knowing how many decent people there are in this world.

Wishing all who are cruising or about to cruise, sunny skies, smooth sails and fabulous adventures.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Please forgive me in advance for bringing this subject in here.  I feel I'm living it in my mind even though physically I live in safety.

Everyday Jack and I talk to his sister in Israel.  Her grandson is part of the 300,000+ troops stationed along the Gaza border. People go to bed, not that they sleep, in their daytime clothing in the likely event that they will have to get to their bomb shelters quickly.

We have so many friends and family in Israel and we include Dani and her family among those we hold in our thoughts and prayers to stay safe.

I look forward to coming in here and reading all the wonderful posts especially @Sea DogGreg's live Adventure review.  It keeps me sane knowing how many decent people there are in this world.

Wishing all who are cruising or about to cruise, sunny skies, smooth sails and fabulous adventures. 

I've said it before but still have no words to express how awful all of this.  My son in law also has family in Israel that they have been keeping in touch with and so far all is ok.  I am very concerned that we haven't heard from Dani but get that she has many other greater things to concern h we self with.  Prayers for all impacted 😪🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I've said it before but still have no words to express how awful all of this.  My son in law also has family in Israel that they have been keeping in touch with and so far all is ok.  I am very concerned that we haven't heard from Dani but get that she has many other greater things to concern h we self with.  Prayers for all impacted 😪🙏

We've all been so concerned and so worried about Dani and not seeing any responses.  This morning on FB I saw that she did respond to a post of mine.  She "liked" it.  I was so relieved to see this.🙏

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, please know that you, Jack, your family, and all of Israel are in my prayers. 🙏We are all fortunate that we can share our love and our feelings on this, our Dani's thread.

@dani negreanu

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Too many to thank individually, and I'm grateful for this.

I'm glued to the TV, since it shows in real time where are the places under missile attack. Our son is in Tel Aviv, which is more targeted than our city. He's renting a flat in a very old building, which doesn't have a proper shelter.

We're getting alerts only according to our place of living.

Beside, I'm busy, along with many friends, with coordinating donations of clothes and money for those who lost everything. It is amazing to see people volunteering to baby-sit the refugee's kids, to play with them, to try and find their pets who somehow survived and reunite them with their owners. You should see the happiness of both parts when reunited. Many cats and dogs were slaughtered / burned along with the whole family. Yes, dogs were also shot without mercy, just because....

Yesterday we had a special visit from President Biden. He promised that this time, we'll not be alone.

Again, from Israel's point of view, he's a "mensch" [A mensch, in Yiddish, is a person of integrity, morality, dignity, with a sense of what is right and responsible. But mensch is more than just an old Yiddish adage. It is relevant now, across the world, more than ever… “To be a mensch is to be supportive. To be a friend, to be calm in troubled times".]

President Biden not only met politicians. He met with family members of those who were hijacked to Gaza, paramedics who saved countless of lives under fire, a ZAKA guy [who has the grim task of honoring the bodies] and a very resourcefulness old lady, who found herself, along with her husband, with a house full of terrorists, and in order to gain time until set free of them, offered them cookies and coffee...

Thank you, Mr. President.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 16

Sunrise behind our house this morning and a drive over Draper mountain into Pulaski,Va where Calfee Park is located at.

Beautiful day today but some weird clouds spotted overhead,almost like 2 different kinds of clouds in the sky.

20231019_075638.jpg

20231019_101531.jpg

20231019_101607.jpg

20231019_101620.jpg

20231019_101810.jpg

20231019_130833.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our granddaughter did this for her religion testFullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.d64b0dd5a59bf1129555e10e3012c322.jpeg

Awww…Marietta, this so heartbreaking.😢 What a sweet and caring girl your granddaughter must be to be thinking about her mom and brother when she is also grieving the loss of her daddy. {{{Hugs}}} for you and your daughter and grandchildren. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No need to ask forgiveness, @BonTexasNY Bonnie, it is perfectly fine for you to share your concerns here with Dani’s CC family. I’m still keeping you and Jack’s family and friends and @dani negreanu Dani’s family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Too many to thank individually, and I'm grateful for this.

I'm glued to the TV, since it shows in real time where are the places under missile attack. Our son is in Tel Aviv, which is more targeted than our city. He's renting a flat in a very old building, which doesn't have a proper shelter.

We're getting alerts only according to our place of living.

Beside, I'm busy, along with many friends, with coordinating donations of clothes and money for those who lost everything. It is amazing to see people volunteering to baby-sit the refugee's kids, to play with them, to try and find their pets who somehow survived and reunite them with their owners. You should see the happiness of both parts when reunited. Many cats and dogs were slaughtered / burned along with the whole family. Yes, dogs were also shot without mercy, just because....

Yesterday we had a special visit from President Biden. He promised that this time, we'll not be alone.

Again, from Israel's point of view, he's a "mensch" [A mensch, in Yiddish, is a person of integrity, morality, dignity, with a sense of what is right and responsible. But mensch is more than just an old Yiddish adage. It is relevant now, across the world, more than ever… “To be a mensch is to be supportive. To be a friend, to be calm in troubled times".]

President Biden not only met politicians. He met with family members of those who were hijacked to Gaza, paramedics who saved countless of lives under fire, a ZAKA guy [who has the grim task of honoring the bodies] and a very resourcefulness old lady, who found herself, along with her husband, with a house full of terrorists, and in order to gain time until set free of them, offered them cookies and coffee...

Thank you, Mr. President.

Oh, Dani, @dani negreanu what a relief to see a post from you!!! 😌

I was getting very worried. How kind of you to be so actively helping those in need! God bless you and your friends for doing this. 🙏 I will continue to keep you and your country in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care,

Sue

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Oh, Dani, @dani negreanu what a relief to see a post from you!!! 😌

I was getting very worried. How kind of you to be so actively helping those in need! God bless you and your friends for doing this. 🙏 I will continue to keep you and your country in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care,

Sue

+ 1 @dani negreanu

Hope Jack’s family stay safe & the grandson - I don’t have the right words to say but I offer my prayers to him and all the troops defending Gaza @BonTexasNY

• Like 6