Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm still waiting for the cheque the President of Nigeria's son is supposed to be sending me.  I mailed him the money order he needed to certify the financial transaction along with all my banking information.  Hopefully it all comes in soon.  When it does I'm going to buy all my CC friends a cruise 🙂 

Funny, I’ve been waiting on that same check!  Small world! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Me too, @Sea Dog.   Better buy more rum.   According to Waze, I can be there in 12 hours. 

I have think I might have enough bottles to cover you!😉

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That would be the Pesky Parrot.  I know I am looking forward to checking it out in 35 days.  

Let me know how it is. I am curious how it stakes up to Navigator’s Bamboo Room.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We did a 7 night cruise on Serenade out of Boston to Bermuda in 2019.  We overnighted two nights.  It was a great itinerary since we go so much time in Bermuda.  They haven't done another Bermuda sailing from Boston since but I am hoping they add on again in the future.

We did a seven nighter on Celebrity from NYC to Bermuda years ago. If RCI did one from Boston I'd definitely be interested.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Luckynana I did not know about Vermont Seasoning. Where can I purchase it?

The coffee served at the Dorset Inn was so delicious!

The brand is The Vermont Coffee Company and I did see it offered on Amazon. A bit pricey, but worth it for an occasional treat.

On the topic of fresh tomatoes-our local farms provide delicious tomatoes at the end of July into August and into the Fall.

There is nothing better than a fresh tomato and mayo sandwich.

We look forward to enjoying that treat every Summer.

I can’t bring myself to buy supermarket tomatoes after enjoying the fresh ones.

If I need tomatoes for a salad in the colder months, I buy cherry tomatoes.

If possible, support your local farmers by buying their produce from markets and farm stands. They work very hard to bring delicious fruits and vegetables to people to enjoy.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Vermont All Purpose Country Seasoning..on the back,it says Vermont Upcountry Foods, Belmont,Vermont 05730

I thought perhaps you were still in Vermont when I mentioned it☺️ 

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Is this some seasoning to eat or to make the room smell good?

The Vermont Country Seasoning is a blend of seasoning that goes very well with meat,vegetables, my summer salads, etc.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We did a seven nighter on Celebrity from NYC to Bermuda years ago. If RCI did one from Boston I'd definitely be interested.

My first 7 night cruise was on Hal from New York City to both Bermuda and Nassau this was 1977 and I was hooked have cruised at least once a year since and more most of the last 30 years twice a year. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you are going to do the ostrich farm I would definitely recommend doing it through a ship's tour. It is a bit if a ride and I think a cab would be rather expensive. It is one of the few ship tours that we have ever done.

I agree. I'm sorry I was 5 minutes late in January when I booked it. Carnival excursions show reviews and they were good for the ostrich farm. I always wondered why rcl doesnt show reviews for their excursions. I actually googled the ostrich farm and agree the fee to get in and taxi, for just me would be better through rcl. Adventure I'm booked there april 2025, and excursions are slowly dropping but no ostrich farm yet. I did snag a 3 hour north and south tour of bonaire. It's the one I've never been to. Only half a dozen excursions have shown up so far, for all 3 islands. I'd like to feed a ostrich.  They peck your hand hard?

Greg I want to come. We are having a party here july 4th where I moved and it says bring my own drink and I assumed like a coke... but I guess a drink could be alcoholic when they say bring your own drink. I didnt think of that. 

It rained here cats and dogs today.  Looked like the windows of the balconys were fogged up but nope just rained that hard couldnt see anything. Yesterday stormed and lightening a lot and turned out to be a cat 0 tornado just south, took off some roofs. Being the top floor here, I can hear the rain on the roof. I like my neighbors and being up here, but can see drawbacks too. Why some here dont like living the top floor. One old lady said the bldg used to sway and they had to add more reinforcements to stop the swaying in the wind. I was surprised to hear the rain on the roof just like a house. Isnt there a named hurricane heading this way as of tonight?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was watching the cruises release this past year releases for into 2026 and hoping for Bermuda from PC, nope. It almost looks like royal passed Bermuda stops to celebrity. 2025 I got enough booked, just oasis in 2026. I'd like Bermuda too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd like to feed an ostrich.  They peck your hand hard?

They do peck and snatch hard. Not gently. Our neighbor down the street had 3 ostriches with a night shelter in the pasture next to his house. It was very entertaining to watch them over the seasons. In the spring, the male would do a wonderful! wings out flapping, hopping dance in front of the two females. It was so funny and interesting. We would walk down to watch them or pull over in the car. ☺️

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They do peck and snatch hard. Not gently. Our neighbor down the street had 3 ostriches with a night shelter in the pasture next to his house. It was very entertaining to watch them over the seasons. In the spring, the male would do a wonderful! wings out flapping, hopping dance in front of the two females. It was so funny and interesting. We would walk down to watch them or pull over in the car. ☺️

Now I really want to go. Hurry up royal and show more excursions.

• Like 1

Thursday, our fun was picking blueberries.  

IMG_1503.thumb.jpeg.c60c6a55c8347ee885f9cae857c0d0e7.jpeg

Even though the area they gave us to pick in was sparse, They did manage to pick 6 pounds. 

IMG_1506.thumb.jpeg.1a7fb52baec539df6d7b33ea4ccc4422.jpeg

We may have managed to miss the signs that said “Don’t pick past this point”, and some nice large ones ended up in the buckets. Of course, we backed out after seeing the signs. 

IMG_1510.thumb.jpeg.cc85cc3236823c80154df804f2f1a43b.jpeg

Enjoying an amusing tale, I’m sure. 

IMG_1511.thumb.jpeg.ec7568821ab4cf081001b7213f2b9875.jpeg

And what better way to recover from working in the fields than to add to the duck collection?

IMG_1516.thumb.jpeg.e50a0369f75e962c013040c390d9d454.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, George C said:

What is everyone reading? Just finished my second John Sandford novel “Dark of the Moon” thank everyone for recommendations. Just started Ken Follett book “Never” . 

I like to read two books at a time.  One fiction & one non-fiction.  Current non-fiction is this one & I am enjoying it.  692D5E07-67A5-4715-8424-C9B255BF5B02.thumb.jpeg.3f33f689e16b71089172935fdcf5ae5f.jpeg

BF9BF077-058A-44EF-BF46-6458B07A679D.thumb.jpeg.430009f66a79232454fe8fe6fb2b177a.jpeg

Happy Wedding Anniversary @George C

• Like 10

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Isnt there a named hurricane heading this way as of tonight?

Not really Beryl is still very far away and at this time there is no impact to the Gulf Coast at least for a week.  Still too early to know it's path once it gets anywhere close.  

• Like 1