Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 6/28/2024 at 9:58 AM, BonTexasNY said:

I love reading about your grandkids summer shenanigans.  I can imagine if one day they all would get together with @Ozark_Kid John's grandkids.  Oh, what fun that would be.  

I bet they would have fun!  They loved Disney.   They like Lakeside Ohio too.  Maybe someday they all go to Cedar Point together!

Here's a pic of them from Father's day.   Finnley is about Kenzie's size!  Finnley is 22 months, Kenzie 23 months older!  Crazy

image.thumb.png.335b7f59e7dbfb89fee2a131e462848c.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

After last Friday’s therapy my ankle was really throbbing.  Saturday we tried out switching to another boot I have.  Tried putting extra pads in them.  Straps tightened or loosened.  Air pump used or not.  I still had the pain regardless of the boot changes.  By Sunday I’d decided that the pain was related totally to the ankle and the boot was not exacerbating it.  

Since my doctor gave me the go ahead to put full weight on the leg (with the boot) I’m sure that means the latest X-rays showed the bones had healed…so the pain must be from tendons that had gone dormant.  What’s odd to me is that I’ve been doing the exact same exercises at home three times a day since June 6 without any pain.  I suppose my ankle was “frozen” and I wasn’t really stretching the tendons that much.  So it took 6 weeks of PT to get my ankle to move enough to force the tendons to stretch.  I could do a map of tendons in my leg!!  Pain on all four sides!!

Have PT today and will confirm my opinion and that the pain is not indicative of anything wrong.  It just would have been nice if someone said “At some point you’ll succeed in stretching your tendons…which is good and what we’re aiming for…but you will experience some pain at that point.”  When walking with the boot the pain sometimes is unexpected and so I’ve ordered a cane to make me feel safer.  At home I can generally hold on to something everywhere I walk.

Sorry to be so tedious.  Thank you all for having more interesting lives to keep me diverted!  😁

Ankles are not fun. DD hurt hers slipping down her stairs back in March.  Lots of physical therapy.  She’s having surgery on the 5th.  A clean out and maybe some plastic put in? It’s all ligament and tendons, no broken bones.  She’ll be non weight bearing for at least 2 weeks.  She and her son will stay with us until she can get around on her own, no real idea how long that will be. She won’t be able to get up and down the stairs in her townhouse.  Fortunately we have extra bedrooms and bathrooms on the main floor. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Maryann.

Truth to be told, I'm barely hanging in there. I have a recurrent nightmare of finding myself buried alive under our building rubble after a missile attack.

I think that if a war starts in the north, this will be the first time I'll be trying to run for our lives, assuming there will be flights, either to our son in Holland (our in laws are thinking along those lines too, so it might be a bit crowded...) or to my cousin in Germany...😢😢

Dani I am so sorry what you’re going through.  Certainly not a fun or comfortable way to live.  Our hearts remain with you.  

• Like 3

Thanks, Maryann.

Truth to be told, I'm barely hanging in there. I have a recurrent nightmare of finding myself buried alive under our building rubble after a missile attack.

I think that if a war starts in the north, this will be the first time I'll be trying to run for our lives, assuming there will be flights, either to our son in Holland (our in laws are thinking along those lines too, so it might be a bit crowded...) or to my cousin in Germany...😢😢

Hugs all around.  Hurts to read of you and you and others go through this.

• Like 5

Thanks, Maryann.

I just can't begin to even imagine what it is like living in these conditions.😐

• Like 5

@dani negreanu My heart breaks for you. I can never understand war or violence of any kind. Why anyone would want to hurt anybody is beyond my comprehension. I guess I am too much of a hippy from the 1960's even though I was a kid at the time. I had a "Make Love not War" poster in my bedroom. I am now surprised my parents let me have it even though I did not think about the deeper meaning of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Maryann.

Sending you prayers 🙏.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I feel guilty posting about my trip going to the Arctic Circle to Norway on the Jewel in the midst of what Dani is going through.

IMG_4852.thumb.jpeg.61b362f67c78bd05f6547af61b36b4ec.jpeg

@dani negreanu big hug and prayer for you.

All our posts seem insignificant compared to Dani’s , hopefully things will get resolved.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu Dani, here's hoping things don't get worse up North or anywhere for that matter.  

If I may:  Please everyone, don't feel guilty posting happy times in here. They are far from insignificant.  I think Dani appreciates the short moments when she can take her mind off of her reality.  She has stated as such on more than one occasion.  Dani, our hearts are with you. 

Carry on, all!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, here's hoping things don't get worse up North or anywhere for that matter.  

If I may:  Please everyone, don't feel guilty posting happy times in here. They are far from insignificant.  I think Dani appreciates the short moments when she can take her mind off of her reality.  She has stated as such on more than one occasion.  Dani, our hearts are with you. 

Carry on, all!

I was thinking about this earlier and concerned that it might be disrespectful to talk about the things we do while Dani tries to go to sleep while worrying about her apartment turning to rubble.😑

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Oh, Dani, I’m so sorry.  What a terrible way to try to live.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope you are able to find some peace somehow.

+1. @dani negreanu Sending prayers and hugs for you and your beautiful family and friends....🙏🙏🙏🙏.....((((((❤️))))))

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I read Dani’s post just prior to going to PT.  Since I must assume the therapist is not a masochist I’m assuming he’s helping me.  However, I lumbered in on my boot…and when I got home I couldn’t walk…back to the wheelchair.  I’m hoping this will get better either by this evening or at least tomorrow.

But to put it in perspective…this is a temporary, solvable issue.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

I love having a pool in my backyard, but had to remove three bunnies from pool this week, we have loads of rabbits living in the area and I believe one or two live in my backyard, this has only happened one other time about 6 or 7 years ago. 

Is there such a thing as bunny birth control…

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

14 long months later, finally in the process of moving back home. 

Reading this thread makes me doubly appreciative of how lucky we were/are, and that in the great scheme of things, having to live a few blocks away for a year isn’t so bad.

IMG_4792.thumb.jpeg.c0b332575476cf4babe12114a0fb0605.jpegIMG_4791.thumb.jpeg.b95be092a64c0fafe6b7ac5184f788ae.jpegIMG_4793.thumb.jpeg.84c79ad3cf376ed6fea8f2e2cad60f27.jpeg

House looks great and your collection even better. You did well with all those Eagle Rare and Blanton’s. I need to score some more ER.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

House looks great and your collection even better. You did well with all those Eagle Rare and Blanton’s. I need to score some more ER.

The Safeway just up the street from work gets two or three once or twice a month.  Figured out that they get their liquor shipment on Mondays, and stock their shelves Tuesday morning sometime, so I’ll go up around lunch and if there’s one on the shelf I’ll grab it.  If there’s more than one I’ll leave the other(s) for the next lucky person. One of my weekly sippers along with Rare Breed.

Looking at the pic it became obvious I need to open more of them!  A lot have been sitting in boxes for the year.

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

The Safeway just up the street from work gets two or three once or twice a month.  Figured out that they get their liquor shipment on Mondays, and stock their shelves Tuesday morning sometime, so I’ll go up around lunch and if there’s one on the shelf I’ll grab it.  If there’s more than one I’ll leave the other(s) for the next lucky person. One of my weekly sippers along with Rare Breed.

Seems like your Safeway gets more than my stores in the area.