Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 7/3/2024 at 5:04 AM, sgmn said:

Sorry to read you're in so much pain from ankle surgery

I also am finding my ankle is getting more and more painful. I have self diagnosed (sorry @Ocean Boy) arthritis and should really go see my Dr to see if anything can be done. It's low level  pain which comes and goes but is worse after long walks in the woods. I also think I'm getting arthritis in my fingers, they are getting nobbley snd painful to squeeze shut.

Does anyone know if there's any self help I can do, vitamins? Exercises? Diet changes? 

I’m just a lurker and debated about responding to you, but I hope you don’t mind my popping in.  I had pain in my left knee and right hip, and my right-hand finger was swollen and purple.  I happened to be at the doctor’s for another issue and mentioned these aches and pains to her. Her response was “you probably have arthritis all over your body.”  That’s it, nothing more.  The next day, I mentioned my pain to my sister. She recommended what she called “joint juice.” No, that’s not the name of the product.  It’s chondroitin glutamate in liquid form. It’s also available in pill form and is advertised quite excessively here on tv. (I have no experience with the pill form.) I ordered the liquid, and three days after using it daily my pain was gone and hasn’t returned. I don’t know if you’ll have the same success but thought I’d mention it to you. Amazon carries it as does Costco.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, luvcruzing said:

I happened to be at the doctor’s for another issue and mentioned these aches and pains to her. Her response was “you probably have arthritis all over your body.”  That’s it, nothing more.  

Well, I hope you don't mind me "popping in" here. I can't tell you how many times someone makes an appointment for an issue and just as we are finishing comes the... oh by the way.... It is very frustrating when we try to be respectful of patients' time and run the office on time. This is why we get behind and then have to deal with the frustrations of people who have had to wait. The issue you raised required far more time which was probably the reason for your doctor's dismissiveness toward your concern.

Off of my soap box now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2024 at 2:26 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet they would have fun!  They loved Disney.   They like Lakeside Ohio too.  Maybe someday they all go to Cedar Point together!

Here's a pic of them from Father's day.   Finnley is about Kenzie's size!  Finnley is 22 months, Kenzie 23 months older!  Crazy

image.thumb.png.335b7f59e7dbfb89fee2a131e462848c.png

Beautiful family.   Everyone is so adorable❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2024 at 12:26 PM, Ocean Boy said:

You give milk to your cats? I've read that cats tend to become very intolerant to milk once they get past being kittens 🤔

1 of our 3 loves dairy products.   She always gets to lick the bowl after ice cream or yogurt (no chocolate) and whenever Eric pours himself a glass of milk he gives her a small bowl with a little for her.  She loves to dip her paw into the milk and then lick her paw.   No idea why she doesnt drink like she drinks water but it hers thing and has never had a problem with it.

She also love small pieces of cheese, just about any flavor (except blue cheese)

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Ozark_Kid  I can't get over how big Finnley has gotten, John!!  

How are you doing these days??

Things sure have changed since being diagnosed over a year ago. 
Good things can come from challenging trials. My spirit has been uplifted from the love my family and I receive from so many around us!  And it is such a blessing to hear that this encourages those around me!
Physically things are way down. I can no longer walk, even with a rollator. As the day goes on my energy drops.  At times I have a hard time breathing. My right side is weak.  I did a grip test with PT Tuesday.   The left was 41 the right 8.  Big difference.   I get frustrated at times when I struggle doing the simple things in life.
My life would be totally different if I was not blessed with Sharon.   I am soooo thankful she is with me!
With all that said I am still enjoying life!  Those grandkids love on GPa. Each time Kenzie visits she takes the time to give me a big hug and squeeze my feet.  Life is still good!

It is hard for me to share this.  I enjoy bringing smiles to people thus the dad jokes.   😆 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

Before we would load my chair on the back of our Highlander.  A lot of work for Sharon and hard for me to ride in it.  Hard to travel on rainy days.

I had something great happen a few weeks ago. A friend helped us find an accessible van!  Now I can ride into the side of the van and strap it in up front!  So much more comfortable!

I can no longer fly.  We are testing how far I can handle riding in it.  Today we were out 6 hours, 5 on the road 1 hour at Applebee's.   First half was rough, second good.  We have more testing to do.

Has anyone drove from Memphis to Orlando before?  I am wondering how smooth are the roads.

Applebee's lunch.

20240704_140604.thumb.jpg.a2a5f61c5ef282c53b945379fc6ead3b.jpg

• Like 20

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good things can come from challenging trials. My spirit has been uplifted from the love my family and I receive from so many around us!  And it is such a blessing to hear that this encourages those around me!
Physically things are way down. I can no longer walk, even with a rollator. As the day goes on my energy drops.  At times I have a hard time breathing. My right side is weak.  I did a grip test with PT Tuesday.   The left was 41 the right 8.  Big difference.   I get frustrated at times when I struggle doing the simple things in life.
My life would be totally different if I was not blessed with Sharon.   I am soooo thankful she is with me!
With all that said I am still enjoying life!  Those grandkids love on GPa. Each time Kenzie visits she takes the time to give me a big hug and squeeze my feet.  Life is still good!

It is hard for me to share this.  I enjoy bringing smiles to people thus the dad jokes.   😆 

Thanks for the update. I didn't really have an idea of how this was progressing and I'm always unsure about asking questions. I'm really sorry it has been so aggressive. It is such an unpredictable disease. I'm so glad you have your family for support. I appreciate the update. Wish I could make it better.🫥

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Please know we are all here for you to listen, or read as it is, when you need.  Happy to hear you have such great friends and family to support you but saddened to hear how aggressively you are being impacted.  Prayers going up for you and the family.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thank you for sharing this update John. We are here for you and love you. You are blessed with Sharon and a great family. They will help you stay strong and know I am with you each and every way.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You're such an inspiration John, living your life to the fullest you can.  You make me realise my small problems are nothing and I should count my blessings more as you do.

My best wishes to you and your lovely family

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

I’m just a lurker and debated about responding to you, but I hope you don’t mind my popping in.  I had pain in my left knee and right hip, and my right-hand finger was swollen and purple.  I happened to be at the doctor’s for another issue and mentioned these aches and pains to her. Her response was “you probably have arthritis all over your body.”  That’s it, nothing more.  The next day, I mentioned my pain to my sister. She recommended what she called “joint juice.” No, that’s not the name of the product.  It’s chondroitin glutamate in liquid form. It’s also available in pill form and is advertised quite excessively here on tv. (I have no experience with the pill form.) I ordered the liquid, and three days after using it daily my pain was gone and hasn’t returned. I don’t know if you’ll have the same success but thought I’d mention it to you. Amazon carries it as does Costco.

Thank you for coming on to share your experience with arthritis 

I will definitely look into it and I'm glad you found something to help with your pain. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Ozark_KidJohn, I follow those in here who have said exactly what I want to say.  Just a few more words:  May Sharon and your sweet grandkids continue to uplift your spirits.  Oh that Kenzie!  

We care and love you.  Keep those dad jokes coming as well as any updates you feel like sharing.

25 minutes ago, sgmn said:

You're such an inspiration John, living your life to the fullest you can.  You make me realise my small problems are nothing and I should count my blessings more as you do.

My best wishes to you and your lovely family

@Ozark_Kid Dear John, I want to echo Bonnie and Sue's replies. The thoughts I feel were expressed so well by them. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. 🙏🏼

Sue

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for sharing this update John. We are here for you and love you. You are blessed with Sharon and a great family. They will help you stay strong and know I am with you each and every way.

@Ozark_Kid

John, I echo Bonnie, Sue and all the others.

With all that's going on in my life, I think about you every day. I was hoping that this awful disease will progress very very slowly and you'll enjoy long periods of remission.

Alas, as OB ( @Ocean Boy ) sadly stated, it is very unpredictable, if I might say "just the luck of draw".

Sending positive thoughts and my best wishes from across the pond,

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_KidI will add to all the wonderful things everyone has already said.  I am thankful to be on this thread so that i could virtually meet you.  I am awed by how you are so positive while having such a challenge.  Love the jokes and family stories.  I am glad your support system is strong and know Dani's thread is part of that for good times and bad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@Ozark_Kid Dear John- I am always pleased to read your postings because it shows that you feel up to it,and that,hopefully, you are having a good day.

I laugh and sometimes cringe at those Dad jokes. Please keep posting them !

Kenzie is a beautiful child. Her goodness shines through.

Please give her a big smile for me.

MJ👩🏻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1