Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@dani negreanu

it’s Mimi. I had to come and give my deepest sympathy for the loss of the 6 Israeli hostages. It was such an inhumane thing to do, and words can’t describe the horror. 
I’m still praying for peace and the end of the suffering on both sides. 
I am so sad for the families of the hostages. Maybe this tragedy will somehow bring an end to this war. 
Stay safe, Dani. 
on a personal note, I am still confined to bed and wheelchair. I’m having therapy twice a week, and am learning to stand up at the walker from my wheelchair. 
seems so easy, but I’m only allowed to put 30% of my weight on my still healing leg, and my other leg won’t hold me up, so it’s a little depressing. 
The 13th I go for X-rays again to see how much my femur has healed. It will be the four month anniversary of my fall. 
I’m hoping that my orthopedist will say I can move to 60%. 
It’s hard not to step down on my leg, which has always been my stronger leg, so I’m concentrating on that, on using my knees to stand up, and to get my hands on the walker without pulling it over…I’m a mess! 
I’m aiming for at least being on the walker by my granddaughter’s wedding Dec 14. That would be 7 months after I fell. 
Tge good thing is that I was healthy for another granddaughter’s wedding May 4. 
it was 9 days later that I took a step that wasn’t there!

Here’s Dick and me after the wedding. I’m so grateful it happened 9 days after instead of 9 days before!

I miss you all and will be back when I have my life back!

IMG_1695.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Had an excellent Italian dinner with most of my family , including my brother and sister in law, two of my nieces and there husbands and one of her daughters who is now a sophomore at Denver University. Today lunch with sister and nephew and many other family members. Pet sitter even got Loki to come out of hiding and play with some toys , love that she sends us pictures daily.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I was just thinking of you and wondering how your rehab was coming.  I hope you improve with therapy, and that you will be more mobile for your granddaughter’s wedding.

19 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Did you ever notice that the public toilets on Royal the women's are on the right side, men' on the left side.

See! They know!

How are you doing? You are cruising soon on the Freedom?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We were there at dinner.  I don’t recall any lobster rolls on the menu.  Maybe that is a lunch item.  Since we had no sea days on that sailing, they didn’t serve lunches 

True! Lobster rolls were for lunch. (Wonder)
Also for dinner there was a Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, which was fantastic.  (Wonder and Symphony)

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

@jagsfan Mimi! I was glad to see the photo of you and your hubby, but my heart went out to you when I read your post.

I am a frequent reader here, and an infrequent poster. I just had to respond to what you wrote.

I am hoping that each day brings a bit of progress for you. Having your granddaughters’ May wedding certainly gives you a goal. We all need something to give us motivation.

Maybe posting here once in awhile may lift your spirits. People on Dani’s thread are kind and understanding. 
Prayers and good thoughts for better days for you.

MJ👩🏻

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

@dani negreanu

it’s Mimi. I had to come and give my deepest sympathy for the loss of the 6 Israeli hostages. It was such an inhumane thing to do, and words can’t describe the horror. 
I am so sad for the families of the hostages. Maybe this tragedy will somehow bring an end to this war. 
Stay safe, Dani. 
on a personal note, I am still confined to bed and wheelchair. I’m having therapy twice a week, and am learning to stand up at the walker from my wheelchair. 
seems so easy, but I’m only allowed to put 30% of my weight on my still healing leg, and my other leg won’t hold me up, so it’s a little depressing. 
The 13th I go for X-rays again to see how much my femur has healed. It will be the four month anniversary of my fall. 
It’s hard not to step down on my leg, which has always been my stronger leg, so I’m concentrating on that, on using my knees to stand up, and to get my hands on the walker without pulling it over…I’m a mess! 
I’m aiming for at least being on the walker by my granddaughter’s wedding Dec 14. That would be 7 months after I fell. 

Here’s Dick and me after the wedding. I’m so grateful it happened 9 days after instead of 9 days before!

IMG_1695.jpeg

Totally agree on your sympathy to @dani negreanu . Dani I am thinking of you.

Mimi, I am sorry you are going through all this. Wishing you continued improvement and health.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

@dani negreanu

Stay safe, Dani. 

IMG_1695.jpeg

It's great to hear from you Mimi.  Best of luck with your continued recovery.  I'm sure that you'll be at your granddaughter's wedding with bells on!

• Like 6

@jagsfan  You and Dick make a beautiful couple, Mimi!  Blue is definitely your color!  I know you've been going through so much since your fall, and you are making progress (albeit too slowly for you) it's really tough to not put your weight on your foot, but you seem to have figured it out, by using your knees and hands to get up.  Your determination will have you up and dancing at your granddaughter's Wedding come December.  You've got this!!❤️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You’ve got a good memory.  No, thankfully that’s on the other side of the garden.

That’s only because my night blooming cereus is getting ready to bloom, only one bud, but I remember your dad’s wall filled with blooms. So impressive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have a great Labor Day everyone.  

Yesterday, we were out hiking and adding to our step count.  Looks like it is time to get moving to keep my goal streak alive. 

IMG_2996.thumb.jpeg.c97f9b6729fa9a36eb5d86b2f0342b06.jpeg

Looks like the old log cabin is not true to its roots.  It probably did not originally have electricity. 

IMG_2990.thumb.jpeg.ad7036c52342c18754ab2a4a5b6ebff7.jpeg

Found a turtle family. 

IMG_2989.thumb.jpeg.5c17d2a66eb98877c2d07c5d337a9904.jpeg

I thought we were getting near the end of flower season, but found a few nice plants. 

Hibiscus

IMG_2991.thumb.jpeg.f6fc62eaa6247daa228abfbca5f454c1.jpeg

Giant Ironweed

IMG_2992.thumb.jpeg.83d728c5c52c6e25a29c1f4245eeac56.jpeg

Asian Taro

IMG_2994.thumb.jpeg.2667903bfa7ac421a762663dbebe3ae1.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2024 at 6:49 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@Luckynana   We had lunch as well as dinner in Hooked on Navigator in 2022.  The Lunch Menu is a little different from the Dinner Menu.  But all were delicious!

For lunch, Seafood Chowder Soup

image.thumb.jpeg.a6ec39b9aee91e89fa712afd778e89b4.jpeg

Drunken Mussels in steamer pot

image.thumb.jpeg.db207972aee6d947d3d57b2a4373bba1.jpeg

Mussels

image.thumb.jpeg.a58b09a32bfff0df8619c8bb426e922b.jpeg

Raw Oysters were very tiny

image.thumb.jpeg.98484717874bf90a1ae8b96bb5f0a017.jpeg

Soft-shell Crab was very good

image.thumb.jpeg.a67e8e3601ab502c095ab3ea73734db1.jpeg

Complimentary Homemade Biscuits that the staff raved about

image.thumb.jpeg.a7d14aa26d8c3ac096799c70ce39a989.jpeg

Lobster Roll!!! On the lunch menu only

image.thumb.jpeg.9733242b4cf1428f44f9f6c09f10af0e.jpeg

Do you remember if they had a surf and turf on the lunch menu?  

18 days to go 🙂