Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Me too.  my tastes range from Tom Jones and Michael Buble to AC/DC and Greenday and just about everything in between.  My secret sin is Abba.  Most people who knew me wouldn't believe it but I had a secret crush on Anni-Frid all through my teen years.

Mentioned it earlier, but my favorite 90's band is Offspring. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My two favorite obscure songs are 

Lake Shore Drive

Two Hangmen

My favorite obscure groups are :

David Peel and the Lower East Side

Happy and Artie Traum

The Fugs

Catmother and the All Night Newsboys

Fried Rice and the White Guys

Elephants Memory

Electric Prunes

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Mentioned it earlier, but my favorite 90's band is Offspring. 

In my humble opinion the best groups recorded between 1965 and 1975 .However,there are some groups from the 1980’s that I listen too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In my humble opinion the best groups recorded between 1965 and 1975 .However,there are some groups from the 1980’s that I listen too.

I used to feel that way, but there has been a ton of great music in the last 40+ years😉

• Like 2

I think best music was created between 1965 and 1970 , Beatles , Stones and Dylan best work, of course there are great performances currently, went to a amazing Andrea Bocelli concert a few years ago , there was about 20,000there and what I loved nobody talked while he was singing.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes, it is also DW and I's 30th wedding anniversary.  I booked a CLS for the first time time.  I'm really looking forward to this and meeting you all.  

Sounds like there could be a few trouble makers on deck 17.  😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That looks delicious!  I’m curious, what’s the rice/liquid ratio and what type of rice?

Here is a link to the recipe as well as a video link on it. Thanks go to Rachael Ray.  

Edit, Lisa says she has to cook it a bit longer, so keep an eye on your bird. 

https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipe/14144_Winner_Winner_Chicken_Dinner

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, George C said:

I think best music was created between 1965 and 1970 , Beatles , Stones and Dylan best work, of course there are great performances currently, went to a amazing Andrea Bocelli concert a few years ago , there was about 20,000there and what I loved nobody talked while he was singing.

I agree with you re Bocelli.I have many of his CD’s.I went to high school with a guy who was in a pop rock group.They were a one hit wonder.

He gave up rock and became a singer with the Metropolitan Opera Company.He never made it big in opera but he enjoyed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes, it is also DW and I's 30th wedding anniversary.  I booked a CLS for the first time time.  I'm really looking forward to this and meeting you all.  

We also have our 30th at the end of June then following week my better half has her 60th on July 4th great day for a birthday, so we have a royal suite on Celebrity millennium that week.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here is a link to the recipe as well as a video link on it. Thanks go to Rachael Ray.  

Edit, Lisa says she has to cook it a bit longer, so keep an eye on your bird. 

https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipe/14144_Winner_Winner_Chicken_Dinner

Thank you Andrew!  Can’t wait to try this. Chicken & rice are DH’s (also Andrew) favorite. 

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a tape of Jimi Hendrix that was recorded on a tape recorder from a guy who was at one of his first concerts.

I played in a part time garage band in late '68, '69 and part of '70. Three of us. Between dating, working and oh yeah school (🤢) we would sometimes land a gig playing a few Friday night local high school dances. January '70 was the last time we played at our own high school dance. Apparently the school dance chaperones didn't like our version of the Jimi Hendrix song "Fire" and shut us down.  😇 We were called in the office Monday morning and we were given a stern no more! 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow,was that the highlight of your drummer life ?

No. Really a pretty simple song to play. But still one of my favorites to play. I don't believe I've ever had a highlight anything in my life. 😁 

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

One of my favorites. I wanted to learn that solo so bad that I transcribed it note for note. Took me 2 days of listening to it non stop.

:classic_biggrin: I am being serious, since I don't know that much about music. I didn't know drumbeats had "notes"? Or is it that the drumbeat is associated with a particular note in the song. I know different drums make different sounds, but do they have notes associated? :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG....yes!  Long version for sure!  👍  Love the long drum solo!!

There is a great Simpson's in which Bart smuggles the music into the church and the chorus sings "In the Garden of Eden" which is supposedly the original intended lyrics.  Watch it if you can, sorry, don't know the title or date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Coralc said:

:classic_biggrin: I am being serious, since I don't know that much about music. I didn't know drumbeats had "notes"? Or is it that the drumbeat is associated with a particular note in the song. I know different drums make different sounds, but do they have notes associated? :classic_smile:

I never took formal drum lessons and can't read music. But drum beats do have notes. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We went for the first time in over a year to one of our local street fairs in Mountain View AR.  It was wonderful, no masks unless one preferred it, all the shops open and the green at the courthouse full of people listening to blue grass.  It was wonderful and then there was the Derby in Kentucky, stands full and perfectly hatted, not masked.  Breath of fresh air.  The only difference was you noticed that people were a bit social distancing still, just reluctant to get too close...but I think that's healthy!

I, also had a day that felt like pre-covid.  Went to garden center and sign said all our employees are fully vaccinated, masks optional.  Majority of center is outdoors except for the joy house and inside store.   I say 75% people no masks, everyone was respecting space even with how busy it was.  I bought way too many flowers and other plants. 

Beautiful 82 degrees today.   We finished the mulch we had, but will need to pick up a couple bags of mulch, short a little for one bed in very back of the yard.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Queen as a favorite band, I say as I sit here watching Bohemian Rhapsody!!

The charter music cruises we take have great original artist but a

so some really good cover bands including Queen.

So we stopped at the restaurant on the lake today for some lunch

Jerk chicken

F3051C36-5785-413F-A643-47B02A5656C9.thumb.jpeg.ecd60bbda7c0622cb4c7ec5f314750da.jpeg

We were entertained as they hoisted this wave runner out of the water.  Unfortunately it looked like there was a hole punched thru the hull. Lots of pictures as water was pouring out.  

28A6BCFD-362D-4F43-B367-A291D4DC394E.thumb.jpeg.a90429260332647f773c276369bf112f.jpeg

Then, did a 10 mile hike and found this.  

C3B8A401-43F7-4C98-BDD5-6817B527F1FB.thumb.jpeg.a8e025ced4b4171b837e7fbe7b595153.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That’s the thing about music, how one song can totally transport you to a specific place & time in your life.  
Also agree with you about the comfort level on this thread.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Thanks!