Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

2 or 3 years ago we had a similar experience with Bonefish grille and never went back.    I have heard the same from others.    Sorry you had a bad experience.    Hopefully you get to fulfill your seafood craving this weekend.    

We’re not headed back down to Florida until the end of June. Will need to suffer until then.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

There was one here in RI a few years ago. Never tried it and it didn’t last long. Maybe because we have so many legit local seafood restaurants - yet Olive Garden stays open, with all the good Italian restaurants we have 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Ocean Boy - Care to comment on Olive Garden?  🤣🤣

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We are in a corner aft on deck 8.................so treat that area nice!!!!!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My favorites!!  8088 and 8588!  B2B2B Vision in 8588 out of PR just before Covid shut down.  

We had a corner aft on a Vision class once - one of our favorite cabins ever.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We went up to Gretna Green in Scotland today.

It was 77°F and sunny.

We visited the outlet mall then went to the Gretna village where a couple were getting married at the Old Blacksmiths shop.

We then went to a garden centre and had lunch there.

There was 4 gorgeous rabbits for sale at the garden centre.

IMG_20210529_120802.jpg

IMG_20210529_140203.jpg

IMG_20210529_120844.jpg

IMG_20210529_140248.jpg

Great photos as usual Graham.  And Pauline looks lovely.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

We had a corner aft on a Vision class once - one of our favorite cabins ever.

It will be a sad day when Vision, Rhapsody, Grandeur and Enchantment leave the fleet. Unfortunately they don't have Flowriders, massive slides, merry-go-rounds and all of the "family attractions" that the new ones have. Royal is going in that direction and that is why the Vision and Radiance Class ships are more appealing to me. Celebrity is becoming closer to my "senior" lifestyle.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I sure hope to get to spend it on the Edge...errr...the ship that is.  😉  

We were supposed to be boarding Allure this Sunday to celebrate wedding bliss #25, then my birthday...sigh...

But will be fun to do the alternative...though chilly...Bar Harbor thing.  

Looking forward to my first real lobster roll, missing for 2 years!  😋

What wonderful plans you have for celebrating your anniversary and birthday, even if it isn't on a cruise ship.

I look forward to seeing some beautiful pictures.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We did good.

You did very good. Very proud of what you did, most people aren't that organized. Since we have an only son, I can relate. Sounds like a incredible wedding. if I could I would take you up on your offer, sounds like a blast.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

yet Olive Garden stays open, with all the good Italian restaurants we have 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm always amazed when I drive by one and their parking lot is full. We even have one that is within blocks of one of Kansas City's best Italian restaurants. Go figure.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What wonderful plans you have for celebrating your anniversary and birthday, even if it isn't on a cruise ship.

I look forward to seeing some beautiful pictures.

Pictures may be a bit fuzzy this week...not exactly great weather...but after that...looks good!  🙂 

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

It will be a sad day when Vision, Rhapsody, Grandeur and Enchantment leave the fleet. Unfortunately they don't have Flowriders, massive slides, merry-go-rounds and all of the "family attractions" that the new ones have. Royal is going in that direction and that is why the Vision and Radiance Class ships are more appealing to me. Celebrity is becoming closer to my "senior" lifestyle.

I still miss the Monarch and grew to love sister Majesty later.   Indeed the little Vision class ships as well...were deep in my heart as favorites (sad to see them all being picked off).   😞 

However, still my favorite class of ship is...and probably will always be:  Radiance class.  

Adore all four sisters.  🥰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been in one. Enough said.😊

My dad is 100% Italian. First generation born in the US. Growing up we would travel to his family - about an hour and a half away - once a month for a traditional Italian dinner.  Everything was made from scratch, no recipes used (the women learned to cook by watching their mothers).  We would leave with a trunk full of food which I would feast on for a week.  Spoiled me for life for Italian food.  

Even in my travels to Italy I find myself comparing the food to those childhood meals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I love the minestrone soup along with the above.

Olive Garden is all downhill after the soup , went there a long time ago took two bites of entree , manager asked what was wrong, I told him it wasn’t itilian food.

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

My dad is 100% Italian. First generation born in the US. Growing up we would travel to his family - about an hour and a half away - once a month for a traditional Italian dinner.  Everything was made from scratch, no recipes used (the women learned to cook by watching their mothers).  We would leave with a trunk full of food which I would feast on for a week.  Spoiled me for life for Italian food.  

Even in my travels to Italy I find myself comparing the food to those childhood meals.

Sounds like my family my grandparents came here in 1890, my dad was born in 1917, great family meals . Our go to Italian restaurant chef has a similar story he still visits family in Sicily once in a while , great real Italian food , been going there for 30 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

My favorites!!  8088 and 8588!  B2B2B Vision in 8588 out of PR just before Covid shut down.  

Yes, the beautiful wrap around balcony.    I was booked for 7652 with the wrap around balcony on Vision for a b2b sailing out of bermuda, but boohoo they cancelled those cruises.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I hate to think of the day when Serenade and Jewel leave the fleet.     They are our favorites, so far.   Grandeur was our first sailing on Royal.     

• Like 1