Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I can’t explain how great it felt to actually “entertain” someone outside the family for a change!  Now I’m all .. “who can we invite next????”  

We have a long list....

"Our" preferred time to entertain is summer, on our veranda.

I say "our" because I don't cook. DH is doing all the cooking, and in the summer, he's grilling, and everyone seems to like being invited to a BBQ....

So it's easier for "us" than in the winter, where you have to actually cook a "real" meal....

Some good quality meat, hummus, sesame spread, salads, and presto -- dinner is served 😁

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

On our way to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan for annual transplant checkup.  Such a hot day to go😷Hope we get home before the real heat sets in.

Hoping all goes well with Charlie.

43 minutes ago, mafig said:

I live in Florida, originally from NJ.  We've been here since 1996.  I still don't know how to pump my own gas.  DH does it for me.     (yes, pathetic, I know).

We also moved to Florida in ‘96 but from PA. I know how to pump gas, but I don’t remember when I did it last. Hubby always makes sure I have it. I think he must like doing it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, mafig said:

I live in Florida, originally from NJ.  We've been here since 1996.  I still don't know how to pump my own gas.  DH does it for me.     (yes, pathetic, I know).

I don't mind pumping my own gas but I used to love full service stations in the winter - alas, they are no more - at least where I live.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, BonTexasNY said:

My husband loves rice pudding.  It was his favorite dessert at our favorite NY and NJ diners.  I don't make it at home because watching him eat it makes me almost gag.  Love only goes so far. 🤫

I always ordered rice pudding at Brooklyn diners.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wishing you to start with the right foot your new life in Florida 🌷

My daughter and son in law who live near me are having a July 4 party at their house.They invited friends,relatives,neighbors and co-workers.If everyone comes and so far they believe they will there will be 16 people who at one time lived in Israel.

• Like 2

Better luck today than on Saturday.  At least we are in the airport and ready to board for leg 1 of the trip to California.  There should be a plane at the end of that ramp. 

823B17FB-3ED7-4808-90F4-6B5BBD9DE667.thumb.jpeg.30781386889b02a07bace4f73cceba78.jpeg

Oh, I hate airport food.  Only time for fast food from Chick-fil-A. 

CF30A0B6-297F-462F-B46C-E4EA6B030D8C.thumb.jpeg.3d8f4a1bca32e826db4b78900ba0cfc4.jpeg

And we are off✈️

• Like 13

You are in good hand with Columbia Pres.

In the early 70s my new born son was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.  At that time most children were dead before the age of ten.  We lived with it for about 6 months.  My first husband kept saying "I just don't believe he has it."  (Also coupled with "It must be your side of the family" and my father kept saying "it must be Bob's side.")  Anyway, we decided for a second opinion and ended up in Columbia Pres.

We were there about an hour when a doctor said 'I've seen a lot of Cystic Fibrosis kids, but he just doesn't have the look, but I'll run the tests anyway."  Two days later he was clear.....absolutely nothing wrong with him, except for being a skinny kid ....."failure to thrive."   When I told my pediatrician there was nothing wrong with him except he was skinny, I swear he looked disappointed.🙁

Columbia Pres is a wonderful hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Are there any grown up kids from previous marriage likely to visit or live with?

I know that in "America" everything is BIG, but, still, for just a couple? 😧

Just lot's of toys

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Both my mother and sister in NY have NEVER pumped their own gas.  That said I have not done it in many, many years.  I told Dan once he goes it's an electric car for me I guess😇

That's ok if you're a girl😇

My maternal grandmother never drove

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mafig said:

I had to learn how to pump gas when we moved to TX 17 years ago.  Even in NY I would have the attendant pump gas if my husband wasn't with me.  I never had to wait more than a min, or 2. 

One time I saw Jon Voight at my gas station.  His ex-wife and daughter (Angelina Jolie) lived in Sneden's Landing close to where I lived. Angelina went to the local public school where a few of my friends kids went.  Angelina had an overnight bday party.  My friend rang the doorbell to drop her daughter off.  Jon Voight answered the door.  My goofy friend asked if parents were also invited to the sleep over.  Jon smiled and said "children only".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I visit my daughter in NJ a gas attendant always pumps gas. Not sure why?

NJ is one of two states that require gas to be pumped by attendants.  No self-serve and no idea what the other state is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I don't know where this location is, but I don't think I ever saw private homes built with cinder blocks?  In NY and TX all I see is wood??

In our area of SW Florida, it's cinder blocks.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mafig said:

In the early 70s my new born son was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.  At that time most children were dead before the age of ten.  We lived with it for about 6 months.  My first husband kept saying "I just don't believe he has it."  (Also coupled with "It must be your side of the family" and my father kept saying "it must be Bob's side.")  Anyway, we decided for a second opinion and ended up in Columbia Pres.

We were there about an hour when a doctor said 'I've seen a lot of Cystic Fibrosis kids, but he just doesn't have the look, but I'll run the tests anyway."  Two days later he was clear.....absolutely nothing wrong with him, except for being a skinny kid ....."failure to thrive."   When I told my pediatrician there was nothing wrong with him except he was skinny, I swear he looked disappointed.🙁

Wonderful you got that 2nd opinion. Sounds like Columbia Presby holds a special place in your hearts. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mafig said:

It is a great place.  Visit was good, mostly routine but he has been having a low blood sugar problem. 
Sadly, his transplant doctor is leaving amd now we will have to train a new one!

• Like 4