Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Yep, yummy crab dip only surpassed by that of the Crab Trap in Destin, FL

Have you eaten at the original Dewy Destin restaurant on the bay at Destin, FL? Neat place to eat out on the deck.  They have great dip too.  I love going to Destin.  
Btw, the salad looks great.  I can tell you love photography.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Here's another girl who wanted to be an airline stewardess!  On my way to my interview, my Mom's car died on the highway, and I never got there. 

I then had an interview in Midtown Manhattan, and I was so sick with a bad cold.  I made it there, but was never asked back. 

😢 It seems it wasn't in the stairs (sky??) for you....😢

• Like 3

Final day of our holiday.  Yesterday we met up with my cousins in Mevagissey,  a fishing port where my uncle was from 

Today we hiked from our village to Carne beach. Anyone who has read the Poldark novels or seen the series may know that the author often used proper place names for his character names. So Carne is the maiden  name of the heroine of the Poldark novels, Demelza. A few years ago we were down in Cornwall for a family funeral and the crew, including  the actress who played Demelza,  were in the hotel bar . They were in the middle of the shoot of one of the series 

20210707_144829.jpg

20210708_122006.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Here's another girl who wanted to be an airline stewardess!  On my way to my interview, my Mom's car died on the highway, and I never got there.  I don't remember what airline it was.  I then had an interview in Midtown Manhattan, and I was so sick with a bad cold.  I made it there, but was never asked back.  Ah, well!

I'm a believer in things happen for a reason.    I guess you were meant to be a flight attendant.

• Like 3

The word is that the CEO of Celebrity was very upset by the decision to cancel B2B2B's and the situation has been rectified. We were notified by the GSM and even Capt. Kate that we are not walking the plank on Saturday. We have a meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning.........I have a list of questions!!!! I will report back my learnings.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

The word is that the CEO of Celebrity was very upset by the decision to cancel B2B2B's and the situation has been rectified. We were notified by the GSM and even Capt. Kate that we are not walking the plank on Saturday. We have a meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning.........I have a list of questions!!!! I will report back my learnings.

Is that for just people currently on B2B2B's or is that for everyone going forward.

16 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

decision to cancel B2B2B's and the situation has been rectified.

What great news. I'm so happy for you. I'm interested to know all the details behind all the decision making.

• Like 2