Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

The garage will have the capacity of storing 6 cars. But for now we will only need 3 spots. 
DH s car. 1966 GTO

Me.   Car. 2006 GTO

And 

My brothers 2021 corvette. Still in the making. Delivery date September. 

63F747B5-631E-40D3-830D-D775B504F8C2.jpeg

8268F84F-4EC7-4446-9FB2-E181914C8099.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love radishes.     We have grown them in the past, didn't this year.   I always sliced my radishes and put in salads or would simply grab and eat.  never cooked them, will have to try that.

The first time I had them cooked, I recognized everything but them. I finally asked, and was surprised at how roasting them changed the flavor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I missed it.  I will see if there is a replay later.  It has been awhile since I have seen a drone show like that but remember it was a big wow factor.

Isn’t NBC going to show the opening ceremonies tonight (23rd) at 7:30pm DST? If not, we missed them!

19 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi, we live in Bergen County NJ .... and often eat in restaurants in Rockland County NY....   Piermont, Sparkill, etc.  

Re Bergen County:

I knew a retired NYC police officer who  became an officer in Bergen County and worked on the movie World Trade Center in 2005 and a woman who resided there and ran for Congress in 2007.

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations!!!!  Grandchildren are the BEST!!!!!

I echo that .My soon to be 13 year old grand daughter face times me every night and her 17 year old sister texts me every night.My grand dog does neither ,but I still love him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Earlier today I called a 92 year old former co-worker .She and her late husband cruised many times on RCI ships .
This woman was born in Italy ,moved with her family to the UK where she lived most of her life ,moved to New York at age 50 ,worked with me 12 years ,retired and moved to Florida.She has great spirit and more energy than most people that I know.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Addendum. 

Yup he deserves it I told him to consider it my 30th anniversary gift to him. 

Then out of the blue he goes. This year not only is it our 30th anniversary, but also I want to get you something you wants  since it is a milestone birthday for you. . So let me know so I don’t end up in the dog house ( or  garage ) for all that matters. 

I go I will think about it. 
So it only took 30 seconds for the text to get to his phone of what I would like. He barely was out of the room when his phone chimed.  

Bangle bracelet with a few diamonds. 

859AC3DF-E5B1-4631-AC9D-D086D582DBC8.jpeg

Pauline likes her jewelry and she said WOW and a wow from me too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've been following, on and off, the opening ceremony of the Olympics [boy, truly amazing, but loooong].

So saddened to see the Olympic stadium empty.... 

No viewers/spectators/public.

Nasty virus 😢

I wish somehow, if double vaxxed, that at least the families of the athletes could sit socially distanced.  

Yes very sad to not hear spectators cheer them on.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love radishes.     We have grown them in the past, didn't this year.   I always sliced my radishes and put in salads or would simply grab and eat.  never cooked them, will have to try that.

I don't share my husband's love of radishes.  He can eat an entire bowl as is. As many radishes as I put in a salad it's never enough for him.

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Bangle bracelet with a few diamonds. 

859AC3DF-E5B1-4631-AC9D-D086D582DBC8.jpeg

Stunning bracelet!  That man must love you an awful lot!!!!!  Congrats on the new garage venture.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Isn’t NBC going to show the opening ceremonies tonight (23rd) at 7:30pm DST? If not, we missed them!

You always can catch it on YouTube.

• Like 1

Great News!

Most of you know that we planned to start off on our family vacation today.  We had our Skyline Chili stops mapped out and other things.  We later found our girls had a surprise for us and they hired a photographer for Lakeside family pictures!  After we got hit, it took a lot of effort to talk  two of the families to still go.  One was to leave early this morning and one this afternoon.  Yesterday evening they were making last minute preparation when……

We received a text from the person we were renting from.  He agreed to do a "lift and shift" 😊.  It was exciting news but also stressful.  Two families, excited to take off on vacation and was able to get work figured out now has this dropped on them.

We found out this morning everyone got work to let them go later.  The stress is now gone and all are happy we will have a full family vacation again… so thankful it’s working out again 💥.  The new trip date is Aug 29.  The last week Lakeside is officially open.  My brother wants me to get well so he can beat me at shuffle board!

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 17

36 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great News!

Most of you know that we planned to start off on our family vacation today.  We had our Skyline Chili stops mapped out and other things.  We later found our girls had a surprise for us and they hired a photographer for Lakeside family pictures!  After we got hit, it took a lot of effort to talk  two of the families to still go.  One was to leave early this morning and one this afternoon.  Yesterday evening they were making last minute preparation when……

We received a text from the person we were renting from.  He agreed to do a "lift and shift" 😊.  It was exciting news but also stressful.  Two families, excited to take off on vacation and was able to get work figured out now has this dropped on them.

We found out this morning everyone got work to let them go later.  The stress is now gone and all are happy we will have a full family vacation again… so thankful it’s working out again 💥.  The new trip date is Aug 29.  The last week Lakeside is officially open.  My brother wants me to get well so he can beat me at shuffle board!

Great news! It’s wonderful to have things to look forward to.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great News!

Good news indeed!

• Like 1

We were supposed to go up to the Albany area on Sunday for a get together with DH’s side of the family. His sister, her husband and their 3 adult kids live there and my MIL lives in a senior apt nearby. DH’s brother & his wife/kids live in the Dallas area but are back for 2 weeks at their Vermont property. So my MIL reserved the community room & patio at her place.  Last night we find out DH’s sister, her husband and one of their daughters are sick.  The husband went to ER and was being tested (don’t know why they’re not all being tested). Have not heard from any of them ( they’re terrible communicaters), but the get together is off.  They are all fully vaxxed.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

don’t know why they’re not all being tested

When I got tested Wednesday and tested positive I asked if my wife could get tested.  They had a limited number of rapid test and a big jump in cases. They said since she was vaxxed with no symptoms, she would not be tested.   With them being sick, you think they would be allowed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I got tested Wednesday and tested positive I asked if my wife could get tested.  They had a limited number of rapid test and a big jump in cases. They said since she was vaxxed with no symptoms, she would not be tested.   With them being sick, you think they would be allowed.

I think it’s more a case of them deciding not to get tested as opposed to being refused a test.  Hard to tell when they don’t return phone calls or respond to text messages.  My MIL is beside herself with worry, not knowing what’s going on. 

• Like 4