Where will you cruise ?

Host Hattie

Assuming at some point in the future Cunard ships sail again, what would be your first choice of itinerary ?

Let's leave all the negativity to other threads please .....

I'd like something warm weather so probably the Med, maybe the Greek Islands. In the spring or early Autumn, warm, long evenings but not too crowded or hot.

How about you ?

Think we've finished with the Med and Canaries. Our next two cruises already booked are for the Norwegian Fjords - Iona and the QV.

One day we might even do a Round Britain cruise. 🙂

• Like 1

We have a round Britain booked for next year. But the Med. does seem very inviting just now. And,the Fjords as this year's trip has been cancelled. And the Canaries in May, which they never seem to do, would be rather nice...

• Like 1

I would take a trip that goes RT from here to avoid flying. There was many choices, Bermuda, Canada the East coast and Caribbean. It would help the cruise industry if the government waved our Joan's law so ships could go between US ports without calling at a foreign port.

• Like 2

We were on one of the Japan itineraries for this year.  I'd been poring over guide books, downloading map apps, sourcing transfer information, etc.  It was going to be a great trip.  I think we'll try to do that one first. 

• Like 1

Definitely agree with you Host Hattie, give us some warm weather. As i write this it is currently 37F (3C) here. We are booked in January on the QV for the Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco segment via the Panama Canal with stops in Jamaica, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Mexico. This will be our first escape from a Chicago winter in 5 years. But we may not be able to wait till January, if the price is right, we would love to catch a Crossing on the QM2 (our alternate universe) in late Summer. Oh to see that deep dark blue of the Atlantic Ocean.

• Like 1

We have done round trip British Isles cruise with Princess 5 times and we were planning before all this madness to try and get a late deal for July. I thoroughly recommend the Princess British Isles because they do it repeatedly from May until September and does a full circular navigation of BI with great ports of call. If there is anyone brave enough Princess are currently selling 12nt BI cruise for August and September for £799 in balcony cabin.

Edited by majortom10

Would like to do a Caribbean Cruise in the future.

Or the NE/Canadian QM2 sailing to Quebec.

But we have rescheduled and booked the M020 July 4th Sailing to 2021 M120. Yes less one day and one port but it is still a sailing that we will enjoy and get away.

For now, keeping put and staying safe.

• Like 1

Guest SilverHengroen

Of existing itineraries, the main one left on my bucket list is a northern lights to north Norway and Iceland. If we could compile a dream itinerary, I would really love a long winter Southampton roundtrip to St Helena, calling at Gran Canaria, Cape verde and Ascension Island on the way down. Lots of warm water cruising, crossing the equator, maybe making use of QM2's superlative speed and calling at some of the remotest and most beautiful unspoilt places on Earth 🙂 

7 minutes ago, SilverHengroen said:

Of existing itineraries, the main one left on my bucket list is a northern lights to north Norway and Iceland. If we could compile a dream itinerary, I would really love a long winter Southampton roundtrip to St Helena, calling at Gran Canaria, Cape verde and Ascension Island on the way down. Lots of warm water cruising, crossing the equator, maybe making use of QM2's superlative speed and calling at some of the remotest and most beautiful unspoilt places on Earth 🙂 

And a call at Casablanca on the way back. I know it bears no resemblance to the Warner Bros. set, but even so...

Would like to visit Japan and the Far East countries as soon as the opportunity is there. I think it Would be Positive, show our support to our friends over there and am sure they would welcome us in return.

• Like 1

Already booked QM2 for Europe for 2021.  Still to decide about this year's booking.

But will also be helping our team of port volunteers in Scotland give a warm and happy welcome to all ships, their crews and their passengers that make it through this crisis and cruising resumes, whenever that may be.

• Like 1

Warm weather, please!

I would love to see Mediterranean cruises in the Summer. All this Alaskan, Baltic and Norwegian cruising in the Summer does not do it for me. When we finally have some sun in Middle Europe I do not want to risk cold weather.

I would take any itinerary, yet if I had the choice I would hope for some more creative itineraries than the omni present  Civitavecchia, Livorno, Barcelona … ones.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray66 said:

One day we might even do a Round Britain cruise.

Oh, round Britain might be nice if it wasn't that port intensive.  I might try one if Cunard would include more seadays.

1 minute ago, carlmm said:

Oh, round Britain might be nice if it wasn't that port intensive.  I might try one if Cunard would include more seadays.

You don't have to get off. I always enjoy being on the empty ship.😀

We're booked on QM2's NY-Caribbean Christmas voyage this coming Dec-20/Jan-21.  If it still happens...  And if we can get to NY from Australia.  I think we should be okay, fingers crossed.

I'm expecting airfares to go up a lot - so looking at closer to home. Also hope that Asia, Australia/NZ are on track to come out of this sooner that Europe/US.   

Combing those two -I'm rather keen on QE Japan-Australia trip Oct/Nov - not booking yet but definitely starting to watch it