Livid!

cured

DW has to work while we are on the virtual cruise. So far the WiFi service has been great but the conference calls are starting to get on my nerves. Tonight we are going to order from a  specialty restaurant, Vincent's Pizzeria. I can place the order and pay using the App.  This is the first cruise that we were able to afford the Owner's suite. We enjoy the larger space but I thought the service would have been better. No turndown service or towel animals. In lieu of a pillow chocolate they offer you a bottle of Tums on the nightstand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

DW has to work while we are on the virtual cruise. So far the WiFi service has been great but the conference calls are starting to get on my nerves. Tonight we are going to order from a  specialty restaurant, Vincent's Pizzeria. I can place the order and pay using the App.  This is the first cruise that we were able to afford the Owner's suite. We enjoy the larger space but I thought the service would have been better. No turndown service or towel animals. In lieu of a pillow chocolate they offer you a bottle of Tums on the nightstand.

I miss my Genie🧞‍♂️

My neighbors keep making a lot of ruckus at 2 am or later...pretty sure it's some college boys.  Then, for some reason, they seem to think I'm their waitstaff.  Not sure why they're spending the entirety of this cruise below deck either - they now claim sunlight is "bright".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I decided on My Time Dining last night, dinner at 5:30. I even preordered on the Fridge Menu. I showed up to the dining room appropriately dressed, and spot on time. There was nothing. I really mean nothing. No service, no kitchen staff and no food. What the heck?? 

I gave up and ate a bag of cookies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We are going to Sorrentos tonight.  😋  The bart🍷ender there really knows how to keep my glass of wine filled.  No limit to the pizza toppings either!!  🍕

No...what the heck??!!  Why is the bartender handing me the pizza dough maker???!!  This is not supposed to be self serve!!!  😲

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh no! Now the elevators aren't working. Guess there is no need to find the gym. Thanks to the dramatically reduced menu choices, cleaning my own cabin and now all the stair climbing, this is the first cruise where I have actually lost weight. 

• Like 1

Oh no, I think I boarded carnival not royal. I'm at the Mongolian bbq stir fry and the cook said stir it yourself.  1/2 saluted onion, ear of corn stripped off, green beans, and a lb. of cooked and cleaned shrimp. Well I guess I can stir, but the service is lousy on this ship. Still think I boarded the wrong ship.

20200410_122456.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Namelocg said:

OMG, my cabin steward just delivered a brand new vacuum cleaner, still in the box. What the hell am I supposed to do with it???

He/She must have anticipated that you would need a vacuum to suck the air out of your space saver storage bags when you pack. However, I don't know when this cruise is ending. 

Anyone else on Virtual of The Seas right now?  Captain just came on the loud speaker just as we started our trek around Cape Horn "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, today I'm working from home", enjoy your cruise!  Anyone with navigational abilities on board? 😱

• Like 3

I'm loving the fact that they finally let me bring my emotional support kitty along.  Plus, they let him go anywhere on the ship. The only downside is that apparently I'm supposed to clean his litterbox myself.  I guess that was in the fine-fine print, but who reads that?

We've been eating in a cute little casual place called The Kitchen.  Decent oatmeal this morning, and a dish amusingly called Cream of Leftover Asparagus Soup at lunch.  Not bad!

We've made reservations in The Dining Room for Sunday, with the promise of just the two of us at a big table.  Who wants people asking "what do you do?" and stuff like that?  No idea what the menu will be, but....

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Anyone else on Virtual of The Seas right now?  Captain just came on the loud speaker just as we started our trek around Cape Horn "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, today I'm working from home", enjoy your cruise!  Anyone with navigational abilities on board? 😱

I do have a GPS.  😉 🍷