Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, buchhalm said:

're checked luggage on QF (And probably many others as well):

It's now a good idea to split luggage between you and your travel buddy.

Half of each other's stuff in each other's suitcase. At least one bag should make it.

Checking in together isn't a guarantee....

We have been doing that for years, now it is even more important. We will also be taking much more carrying, so we have at least a few days worth of clothes.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Thanks, Leigh.  Yes, a moment in history.  I think I always believed she would live forever.  

What a time to arrive in England.  Yes I'm surprised how shocked I was, as it seems were many people.  it is 10.20 pm local time, as I wait for the Procession to commence from Buckingham Palace.   

Have a wonderful holiday at this special historic time.

48 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What a time to arrive in England.  Yes I'm surprised how shocked I was, as it seems were many people.  it is 10.20 pm local time, as I wait for the Procession to commence from Buckingham Palace.   

Have a wonderful holiday at this special historic time.

Thanks, Marion.  I’m feeling incredibly emotional as I watch the precision and the pageantry.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Was that to get a graduation award or is that what you wear at Work to present awards?

It was a PhD graduation ceremony, but not mine.

I was there as a the supervisor of one of the graduates.

I got mine over 30 years ago. 

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

That must have been rewarding to see one of the graduates you supervised received a PhD. 

My daughter did a Masters on line because of Covid, but went to Melbourne to receive her graduation certificate.  I was sorry she didn't have the experience of studying at the University.  

59 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Well done to you both. I know how hard the supervisor works.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Blackduck59 said:

I'm sorry to hear you are getting soaked Les, we wouldn't mind a little rain, there has been less than 5mm in the last 60 days.

Send you some rain over Lyle, has not stopped raining since I disembarked Coral Princess on 22 Sept.

50 mm in last 24 hrs. 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm sorry to hear you are getting soaked Les, we wouldn't mind a little rain, there has been less than 5mm in the last 60 days.

Are your bushfires finished for the season (with little rain).  Do you have autumn colours?

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Great job there Lye, I like coleslaw but where are the mushy peas and malt vinegar? 

Mushy peas really aren't a thing here Uncle Les, even if I did want them. If I had opened up the shot more you would see the white and malt vinegar, the salt (and pepper) Ketchup and tartar sauce. All available as you like.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Mushy peas really aren't a thing here Uncle Les, even if I did want them. If I had opened up the shot more you would see the white and malt vinegar, the salt (and pepper) Ketchup and tartar sauce. All available as you like.

Mushy peas not on fish here Lyle, only with meat pies, although I have them as a veg. The Brits love mushy peas and curry sauce/gravy with their fish and chips, yuk.  Yes, coleslaw, tartare sauce, malt vinegar with fried fish.

When I was on Coral Princess recently, one lunch time it was English or was it British  Pub lunch in the MDR, they did me a nice gluten free battered fish and chips, on request, mushy peas were optional, lol.

1610210863_th(1).jpg.cf0a0c064192c420b344362973b91d6b.jpgth.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Are your bushfires finished for the season (with little rain).  Do you have autumn colours?

There is a rather stubborn fire on the north end of the island, very steep terrain and hard to fight. It is making smoke that is also seen and smelled here on the south island. I'm sure the rain is coming it's just taking it's time. We get yellow leaves but not the vibrant reds and oranges the the east is famous for. Our maple trees are a different species.

17 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

There is a rather stubborn fire on the north end of the island, very steep terrain and hard to fight. It is making smoke that is also seen and smelled here on the south island. I'm sure the rain is coming it's just taking it's time. We get yellow leaves but not the vibrant reds and oranges the the east is famous for. Our maple trees are a different species.

We don't get autumn leaves either, but we don't have cold winters either.  I love the beautiful fall folliage in the East Canada/USA. Yes steep terrain is very hard to fight.  When we were looking at houses on hills (my favourite) I always made sure there were two exits.

Is your autumn weather similar to the East?

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

We don't get autumn leaves either, but we don't have cold winters either.  I love the beautiful fall folliage in the East Canada/USA. Yes steep terrain is very hard to fight.  When we were looking at houses on hills (my favourite) I always made sure there were two exits.

Is your autumn weather similar to the East?

It doesn't get nearly as cold here on Vancouver island and we will definitely have rain. We can have wind and rain storms as well, but nothing like what just went through the Maritimes. Lynn's brother lives in Louisburg and his house received a fair bit of damage.

26 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It doesn't get nearly as cold here on Vancouver island and we will definitely have rain. We can have wind and rain storms as well, but nothing like what just went through the Maritimes. Lynn's brother lives in Louisburg and his house received a fair bit of damage.

Where is Louisburg?  Sorry to hear your wife's brother's house got damaged.  Florida has just received very bad damage from surges and hurricane Ian.  I'll never forget the roar of a cyclone!  I haven't heard from my friend who lives on the west coast of Florida.   I know they lost power.  The hurricane has turned into a bad storm in a few northern. 

I know Victoria has the mildest climate in Canada.

I wonder if any cruise ships were near Florida, Cuba and Puerto Rico?  I know they move out of harm's way .I ended up in Boston on a cruise once in lieu of Bermuda.  Never did get there!~