Now for something completely different

48 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Good luck Lyle, our medical system has its fair share of problems too but on the whole better than many I read about.

I think we have it pretty good here in Canada but there is many staffing issues and funding issues from different levels of Government and our federal governing party is so busy giving Canadian dollars to foreign countries they are failing Canadians at home. Meanwhile nurses and other unions are continually running advertisements that imply that the job is pure hell and they need "Government Help" i.e. a raise in their $45.00/hr. pay rate to make it better. What any young person thinking of a career in health care sees is that the job is horrible and no sane person would want it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think we have it pretty good here in Canada but there is many staffing issues and funding issues from different levels of Government and our federal governing party is so busy giving Canadian dollars to foreign countries they are failing Canadians at home. Meanwhile nurses and other unions are continually running advertisements that imply that the job is pure hell and they need "Government Help" i.e. a raise in their $45.00/hr. pay rate to make it better. What any young person thinking of a career in health care sees is that the job is horrible and no sane person would want it.

Same here Lyle giving billions to other countries and somewhat neglecting their own citizens. Also like 🇨🇦 Canada funding and staffing issues in the health system.

Edited by NSWP

21 hours ago, NSWP said:

Cutting out skin cancers is a money spinner for The GP @ $300 a chop in drs rooms. 

Wow that's some serious cash! The skin cancer clinic we go to bulk-bills, so not sure on how much Medicare pays them?

From next month, there will be a charge of around $33 each visit as they advise that the Medicare payment is no longer enough to cover their costs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Wow that's some serious cash! The skin cancer clinic we go to bulk-bills, so not sure on how much Medicare pays them?

From next month, there will be a charge of around $33 each visit as they advise that the Medicare payment is no longer enough to cover their costs.

Medicare certainly hasn't kept up with increasing costs for GPs, especially in cities where property leases / rents havecincreased so much, let alone other costs such as salaries/wages, equipment and supplies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

No bulk billing down here Neil.

19 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Good luck with the surgery Lyle. 

now for something different. … wa’s problem with time zone. I have been over for a wedding, but still find things to shake my head about. Yes, Easter bunnies and Christmas crackers.  

7865030F-418C-42C9-8623-4AF73478347C.thumb.jpeg.1ce9c068e1df77c94e9ddc5063188946.jpeg

Raspberry Easter bunnies, I would probably give them a try. I tried a Cadbury, cream egg once, I'm not sure how they got some "iconic" status. I do like the Caramilk eggs though.

This far after Christmas shouldn't those crackers be like one buck?

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

My last Dr never bulk billed, I often argue with my current Dr that they bulk bill too much, till she told me that I am billed (for some visits) under a special code due to some of my conditions.

It true there are special incentive payments that most patients are not aware of. Even just bulking billing a concession holder gives the GP a bonus payment.

Well the final report from the investigation into the incident that saw 6 police officers injured was released today. As I suspected from the start this was far from a botched bank robbery, it was a planned attack in which the perpetrators "robbed" a bank but rather than making the clean getaway that was open to them they waited for police to arrive and ambushed them as they arrived. In the end both perpetrators were dead and 6 police were wounded, some very badly. Even now months after the firefight only 3 of the wounded are back on the job, 3 of the wounded are still recovering and 3 others are struggling with post traumatic stress.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2023 at 8:29 PM, Docker123 said:

Good luck with the surgery Lyle. 

now for something different. … wa’s problem with time zone. I have been over for a wedding, but still find things to shake my head about. Yes, Easter bunnies and Christmas crackers.  

7865030F-418C-42C9-8623-4AF73478347C.thumb.jpeg.1ce9c068e1df77c94e9ddc5063188946.jpeg

Literally after New Years holiday the first thing I saw in Woolies was Easter hot cross buns😂

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well the final report from the investigation into the incident that saw 6 police officers injured was released today. As I suspected from the start this was far from a botched bank robbery, it was a planned attack in which the perpetrators "robbed" a bank but rather than making the clean getaway that was open to them they waited for police to arrive and ambushed them as they arrived. In the end both perpetrators were dead and 6 police were wounded, some very badly. Even now months after the firefight only 3 of the wounded are back on the job, 3 of the wounded are still recovering and 3 others are struggling with post traumatic stress.

Last month in QLD there was an ambushed shooting of police officers. Two of them died, lured out to a rural property with a fake missing person tip off. Apparently the perpetrators were rabid conspiracy theorists who thought the police were part of some Lucifer cabel led by the QLD premier😖

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Fruit buns should be a year round staple, it is only the icing on top that makes them cross.

They have the icing, Easter written on the packaging and colourful rabbit pictured in the corner. And they don't just come in fruit, you can also get chocolate chip, plain cinnamon and double chocolate😋

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

They have the icing, Easter written on the packaging and colourful rabbit pictured in the corner. And they don't just come in fruit, you can also get chocolate chip, plain cinnamon and double chocolate😋

I know, but the fruit type should be available all year round. Drop the icing, it adds nothing anyway.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Fruit buns should be a year round staple, it is only the icing on top that makes them cross.

Icing, what icing? You must have weird hot cross buns in Canberra these days. That cross is baked into proper hot cross buns. Not surprised Canberra hot cross buns are cross given their unfortunate icing.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Nang said:

Icing, what icing? You must have weird hot cross buns in Canberra these days. That cross is baked into proper hot cross buns. Not surprised Canberra hot cross buns are cross given their unfortunate icing.

You echo my thoughts re hot cross buns with icing. 😂 The cross is just batter made with flour and water with a thickish consistency which is piped on before the buns go in the oven.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

You echo my thoughts re hot cross buns with icing. 😂 The cross is just batter made with flour and water with a thickish consistency which is piped on before the buns go in the oven.

I did think it was not really icing but for some reason everyone refers to it as icing. There must be a proper name for what it is 🤔

5 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I did think it was not really icing but for some reason everyone refers to it as icing. There must be a proper name for what it is 🤔

I've seen it referred to as a paste or batter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought it was a type of icing that was baked on, I stand corrected. Either way it isn't needed.

True. I made some Easrer buns a couple of years ago but couldn't be bothered piping on the cross. They still tasted great!

• Like 1