Odyssey dilemma

I am booked on Odyssey December 4th cruise I live in Florida with a non refundable deposit if I can cancel now I will loose. $200.00 and remaining deposit will go to fcc I am not sure the ship will be completed with the Corona Virus  do I cancel now and loose my money or wait to see if Rcl cancels I do not feel comfortable taking a cruise for at least another Year out as they say a second round of the virus could be in. November thanks for any input.

Another nice thing about living in Florida...no flights or hotels to book...unless you really want to. 

I am not worried about cruises I have booked that leave from Florida.  Since we can drive to all four ports...I will simply let RCI cancel the cruises as they come, crossing that bridge when it it shows up.  Much better choices on refunds.  

Just waiting for RCI to cancel my Harmony 5/31 cruise.  IMHO...another 30 day suspension is about to be announced.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

I'm on the fence about my Odyssey cruise in The Med next summer!  Party because I'm out of work, partly because I'll have to buy plane tickets by the end of the year & things are just so uncertain   I agree waiting til final payment to see how things pan out is probably the best so you don't have any regrets..That's what I keep telling myself

Just now, Jax129 said:

I'm on the fence about my Odyssey cruise in The Med next summer!  Party because I'm out of work, partly because I'll have to buy plane tickets by the end of the year & things are just so uncertain   I agree waiting til final payment to see how things pan out is probably the best so you don't have any regrets..That's what I keep telling myself

When you are looking at flights if you are still uncertain look at Air 2 Sea by Royal.You can book refundable flights and payment isn't due until final payment.  If the price drops between the time you add them to your reservation and final payment the flights can be repriced. Zero risk until final payment.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When you are looking at flights if you are still uncertain look at Air 2 Sea by Royal.You can book refundable flights and payment isn't due until final payment.  If the price drops between the time you add them to your reservation and final payment the flights can be repriced. Zero risk until final payment.

I didn't realize that, Thank you! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

It is to early to worry on what will be next year, who would have thought that things would be as they are now at the begining of this year. If you have cruises for next summer, you just need to wait on how things will develop over the next month until end of this year since even the health experts still know too little about COVID-19 to know in which direction things are going as long as there is no vaccination / medication available to cure.

2 hours ago, laurie10 said:

I am booked on Odyssey December 4th cruise I live in Florida with a non refundable deposit if I can cancel now I will loose. $200.00 and remaining deposit will go to fcc I am not sure the ship will be completed with the Corona Virus  do I cancel now and loose my money or wait to see if Rcl cancels I do not feel comfortable taking a cruise for at least another Year out as they say a second round of the virus could be in. November thanks for any input.

Wait until final payment. Watch for changes in final payment dates. At that time, if you still are not comfortable, cancel. There is no reason to cause you months of concern between final payment and cruise date. You can make a decision at Thanksgiving to book a last minute cruise, if needed. 

16 hours ago, laurie10 said:

Its better to wait for the cruise to cancel themselves cause then you will have a reason for an adequate refund. Otherwise, the company will say that it was you who cancelled, so you will go through the through the regular cancelation procedure. I wouldnt recommend canceling. I mean, just go with it or wait till its cancelled

44 minutes ago, boatseller said:

I'm in the same boat.  Those November/December sailings are at risk if work slows too much or the supply chain is adversely affected.  Odyssey will be completed, but I'm 50/50 on a delay.

In today's just in time manufacturing environment, I'd be concerned about those contracted finish items as well