Have beverage packages increased in price for 2021?

I/m booked in a suite on Harmony this October. The current price is 65 dollars. I would like to buy the package because I am not a fan of what is served in the lounge, but not at 65 per day. At that price, I will drink more of the free stuff and buy less of what I would have to pay for. We will spend less than the $1064 for 2 people.

• Haha 1

$89 PP for our January 2021 Symphony of the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruise.  I hope this doesn’t translate to higher drink prices for those of us who pay per drink.  I’m sure the cruise lines are having higher prices right now on everything next year to try and raise capital due to the industry wide financial losses. 

8 hours ago, mugtech said:

Don't 

Non-drinkers realize that the "free" drinks for all causes their cruise to become more expensive with no benefits.

Thank you.  That's really interesting.  On Celebrity, if one chooses not to take the drink package, the fare goes down in price.  I would have thought it would be the same for RCL.  I would never pay $89 pp/per day...no way I could every get my money's worth.

We are on the Serenade to Hobart Tasmania for 5 nights in February and the Deluxe is $90pppd; staying on board for the 16 nights aroound Aus followed by the 18 nights around NZ and the Deluxe is $80pppd. Nope, not me Scooter (as Ron White would say)!! We'll see folks in the DL!! Cheers!!

Our cruises at the end of this year were purchased a while back @ $50pppd but I think those days might be gone! Plan to keep an eye on prices when cruising resumes.

6 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

$89 PP for our January 2021 Symphony of the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruise.  I hope this doesn’t translate to higher drink prices for those of us who pay per drink.  I’m sure the cruise lines are having higher prices right now on everything next year to try and raise capital due to the industry wide financial losses. 

If they don’t raise per drink price, then it almost becomes crazy to buy the package unless very heavy drinker. 

5 hours ago, SilkySal said:

We are on the Serenade to Hobart Tasmania for 5 nights in February and the Deluxe is $90pppd; staying on board for the 16 nights aroound Aus followed by the 18 nights around NZ and the Deluxe is $80pppd. Nope, not me Scooter (as Ron White would say)!! We'll see folks in the DL!! Cheers!!

Our cruises at the end of this year were purchased a while back @ $50pppd but I think those days might be gone! Plan to keep an eye on prices when cruising resumes.

Is that USD or AUD?

Others should be aware that AU prices include gratuities, which is not true for US or Canadian bookings.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Is that USD or AUD?

Others should be aware that AU prices include gratuities, which is not true for US or Canadian bookings.

$118 CDN per day plus gratuities for my March Symphony cruise.....$1949 for 2 including gratuities.  Not going to happen. 

Buy shares in the company making rum runners...I sense an increased demand in 2021.

57 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Is that USD or AUD?

$89 USD  pppd before grats for my March '21 sailing on Freedom. 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If they don’t raise per drink price, then it almost becomes crazy to buy the package unless very heavy drinker. 

And if they do raise the drink prices I won't be buying either the package or individual drinks.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have my $84 on Jan '21 sailing on Oasis beat.

My mistake!  My Jan 10th of '21 (on Oasis as well) is $89 pppd, so you are getting a BARGAIN!  🤣  My March sailing on Freedom is merely $77 pppd.  I better grab that now while I can.  🙄

I can save a couple of bucks on the wifi if I bundle.  😜

image.png.206b1d2a88c063eba996c512f32f4123.png

Edited by rockmom

For those who had their cruises cancelled due to the pandemic, Royal offered a 125% credit for cancelled onboard expenses over a full refund.  Many people took advantage of that, thinking they would come out ahead on their rebooked cruise.   Now, lo and behold,  we see that the drink package has been jacked up rather exorbitantly for many cruises that are departing before December 2021.   So, many people who chose the additional 25% credit end up breaking even, at best.   And everyone else will just pay have to pay the additional price if they want a drink package.    Plus, as others have commented, it will be interesting to see if the price per drink gets jacked up too.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, elephant98 said:

So, many people who chose the additional 25% credit end up breaking even, at best.

You are are probably incorrectly assuming the prices will stay the same till sailing - for now, everyone can still cancel and rebook everything in the planner.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And if they do raise the drink prices I won't be buying either the package or individual drinks.

So you will go the entire cruise without a drink?

Something about cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind...

We have long read here on CC and seen examples that the percent off that RC would advertise is meaningless.  Prices went up and down and the advertised percentage off changed but the two appeared completely unrelated.  My speculation is that RC has decided to establish a more concrete pricing model.  It may vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing but it will be established for that particular sailing.  Notice in your cruise planner that there is no 30% off listed or Bogo 50%.  I suspect that that is the new "list" price and that sales and discounts will be advertised through the cruise planner as sailing become closer based on demand.  Expect to see sale prices as the cruise gets closer and expect those sales to be more meaningful.  After all the griping on CC over RC's beverage pricing structure this should be a welcome change, if I am correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balsam12 said:

So you will go the entire cruise without a drink?

Something about cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind...

I said I won't be buying any. My nose and face are just fine thanks. Neither my vacations nor my life revolve around alcohol.

• Like 1

We drink a lot on vacation, and would still get our moneys worth at $80pppd, but now a cruise is starting to lose its value over a land based vacation. We've got a cruise booked for next April, and right now its at $78pppd. Even if the price doesn't drop, i'll still get it because it makes sense for us. It's just going to change my outlook on vacationing in the future. Cruising has always been the only option I shop. I'll start shopping all inclusive land based vacations as well to see what gives me the best value for my money. 

• Like 1