Suggestions RCL needs to do to get people cruising again

1.  Share detailed plan of hygiene protocol for cabins, public areas and cruise terminal 

2.  Share detailed plan of screening procedures for guest and crew. 

3.  Limit crowded lounges to 50% capacity - such as diamond lounge/concierge lounge, schooner bar, theater, studio B.

4.  Reduce 200% single supplement to 150% for 2020 sailings 

Please add more suggestions. 

In my opinion they need to do the following two things:

1. Significantly increase their cleaning and sterilization procedures on the ship. 

2.  Ban passengers in higher risk categories (age, diabetes, smokers, asthma, autoimmune diseases, etc.) for the forseeable future.  The categories I listed are just possibilities. Ultimately scientists/doctors would have to release a list of categories/conditions that would prohibit going on a cruise ship. 

There are obviously a lot more than just these two issues that cruise lines need to address, but these are two of the biggest in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I think they should have a CLEAR STATED POLICY, (as opposed to a potentially AMBIGUOUS SINGLE SPACED small print POLICY) that says what happens if I show up at the Port and am not allowed to board for a medical reason. 

It should also cover cases of families and or groups in the same party, if one or some of the party is denied boarding for medical reasons.  I don’t know what the policy should be, but it should be perfectly clear.

What happens to the person, family or group, what costs are whose responsibility.  I think the CDC mentioned getting sick passenger all the way home in cases, but what about patrons not yet boarded.

Eddie

• Like 1

I too want my refund before I book another cruise.  I will book last minute ( within 30days ) when they start again as long as prices do not increase.

Pre cruise screening for temp may help but only for those with symptoms. While testing prior to getting on the ship would be nice it's not feasible.  We can't get tested now.

Have a plan in place for an outbreak....that is sound and medically acceptable to prevent spread on board.  Perhaps no cruises in outside or inside cabins just in case.  This would also decrease passenger numbers.

Knowledge that the ships air handling systems do not mix between cabins.

Social distancing would be pretty hard. Deck chairs are side by side, theater seating, even dining seating. I'm just not sure its possible. 

Sigh...not sure this is even worth talking about.  I feel it's not going to happen for a long time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

In my opinion they need to do the following 

2.  Ban passengers in higher risk categories (age, diabetes, smokers, asthma, autoimmune diseases, etc.) for the forseeable future.  The categories I listed are just possibilities. Ultimately scientists/doctors would have to release a list of categories/conditions that would prohibit going on a cruise ship. 

I do believe this is discrimination and against the law.  I am so happy you are in perfect health and wish I could say the same for many cruisers.  For many cruisers this is the main thing to look forward to.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Sigh...not sure this is even worth talking about.  I feel it's not going to happen for a long time.

You're right it's not.  But entertaining reading at times, for example when people start detailing their ideas for social distancing on ships.  Something that is impossible, but some here seem so desperate to cruise they want to believe it can be done.  Then throw in the ideas for masks, gloves, empty cabins, etc etc etc.  It gets more comical every day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

In my opinion they need to do the following two things:

1. Significantly increase their cleaning and sterilization procedures on the ship. 

There are obviously a lot more than just these two issues that cruise lines need to address, but these are two of the biggest in my opinion. 

Regarding number 2....I do not suffer from any but by what legal authority do they have to ask and ban a passenger.  Should they ask and ban people who have a drinking problem from buying the drink package?  How about ask people if they have any mental illness to insure no one jumps off the boat.  Criminal records?  None of their business and I would not share any of with a cruise line.  

• Like 8

Just now, Floater4life said:

Regarding number 2....I do not suffer from any but by what legal authority do they have to ask and ban a passenger.  Should they ask and ban people who have a drinking problem from buying the drink package?  How about ask people if they have any mental illness to insure no one jumps off the boat.  Criminal records?  None of their business and I would not share any of with a cruise line.  

They ‘ban’ passengers under 6 months on the grounds that they don’t have suitable medical facilities for them. Is there a difference? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

They ‘ban’ passengers under 6 months on the grounds that they don’t have suitable medical facilities for them. Is there a difference? 🤷‍♂️

I have seen babies younger than 6 months so...anyway, I would not tell them my medical issues listed ….PERIOD and I would like them to ask for a medical clearance or a Dr. note

Nothing.

There are enough hard core cruisers that need a cruise fix so bad they would book a voyage on the Titanic if they could 

Of course, they would be the first to complain when they couldn't use their C&A status to get priority boarding access to the life boats after hitting the iceberg. 😄

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Floater4life said:

I think you bring up some good points including HIPAA. But I strongly believe the cruise lines have to come up with something drastic if they plan to resume cruising sooner than later to ensure another COVID-19 outbreak does not occur again. If another outbreak happened on a ship when cruise lines resume operations, I think you would be looking at the end of cruises from the US. Another possibility would be for cruise lines not to resume operations until this virus is under control, an effective vaccine has been developed, effective testing for the masses has been developed, etc. But going that route would likely be a year away if not longer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Don't they also ban women who are past a certain point in a pregnancy?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

1.  Share detailed plan of hygiene protocol for cabins, public areas and cruise terminal 

2.  Share detailed plan of screening procedures for guest and crew. 

3.  Limit crowded lounges to 50% capacity - such as diamond lounge/concierge lounge, schooner bar, theater, studio B.

4.  Reduce 200% single supplement to 150% for 2020 sailings 

Please add more suggestions. 

5.  SL for Suite Guests only

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I do believe this is discrimination and against the law.  I am so happy you are in perfect health and wish I could say the same for many cruisers.  For many cruisers this is the main thing to look forward to.  

Astronauts can’t fly with these issues. Is it discrimination to Astronaut candidates?

• Like 2